Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

For the sake of music, join this on Facebook. Even if you hate Blink 182, join it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Maybe I can give the facebook group that I set up a bit of a plug here.

I'm sure there are a few who remember this song and for those who don't consider yourself lucky.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116405388380333&ref=ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    Gonna be rather easy I would say for Cork. Wahfur are a spent force :)

I think in all fairness after that abomination of a prediction,the least you can do is edit the thread title in honour of the 2010 Munster Hurling Champions.:D

danshirtless.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The fact that a replay was given to you last week when ye were in fact beaten makes my grapes rather sour on this one.

The fact that a replay was given to you last week when ye were in fact beaten makes my grapes rather sour on this one.

In fairness, look at the balance of play over the 160 minutes of hurling and Waterford were the better team for far longer periods of both matches. I firmly believe we are a better team and more importantly have a far deeper panel, which at the end of the day was the major difference between the two teams. We looked fitter too in the closing minutes and seemed to have far more in the legs, which is a credit to Davy Fitz.

If any county has major worries for the future is Cork, not Waterford. I love how year in year out Waterford get written off as "past it", yet no one mentions that the Cork team desperately needs new talent all over the pitch. The fact that ye are reliant on a club hurler like Cussen says it all for me: he was useless last night and the long ball into Aiskake was atactic that was only going to really work once , against Tipp. Once your opponent knows what that tactic is its relatively easy to counter and a mediocre fullback like Lawlor ( also a club player IMO tbh) did fine on him over the two games.

You can talk about the lucky free ( and replays show there was a foul on the hurl) if you like, but that only masks the bigger problems that Cork hurling faces.

Oh and Tony Browne - dear God what a man. The greatest I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Waterford deserving the win. I agree on everything you say about Cussen and Aisake. Cork forward line is poor.

Tipp are still the best team in Munster though as far as I'm concerned. The bad thing about Waterfords victory is that if Tipp beat Offaly today (I'm confident they will) then they will meet us next week. Would be a big game for Galway and we have alot to prove after our performances so far in this Championship.

In fairness many considered it a free, and if you want to go that road you also have to look at the Cork point that never was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Don't blame my boy Aisake. 3 men on him whenever he tried to power his way to goal.

Blame people like Niall McCarthy and Pa Horgan.

Waterford were great. Dan the Man will always do something to steal the spotlight no matter how long he stays on the bench. Great hurler!

Don't blame my boy Aisake. 3 men on him whenever he tried to power his way to goal.

Waterford were great. Dan the Man will always do something to steal the spotlight no matter how long he stays on the bench. Great hurler!

I wouldn't necessarily blame Aiskae, but the truth is if you crowd him out or force him out the field he's next to useless as he's pretty limited as a hurler. I'd blame the Cork management for totally abandoning the running game that used to work so well for them. Why didn't they combine the two, play the running game but mix it up with the long ball to Aisake? Surely that'd be much more diffiult to defend against as you'd be keeping the poopsition guessing?

As for Dan, I've been his harshest critic lately but he is still one of the most lethal finishrs of modern times. The entire stand was roaring at him to take his point, but he only had eyes for a goal. His goalscoring record over the years is sensational. What an option to have on the bench.

Really? I dont rate Aisake at all. I dont think he's a good full forward at all. The only thing he has going for him is his height and awkwardness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'm delighted Waterford won anyway, I would be so disgusted if Aisake ever wins a senior hurling medal. He is a travesty to the sport, cant stand the sight of him. He cant hurl, he is a tactic and nothing else. Cork will need a plan b if they want to win anything.

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    Really? I dont rate Aisake at all. I dont think he's a good full forward at all. The only thing he has going for him is his height and awkwardness.

People are too hard on him. He isn't the worst Cork forward but he is shown up a lot by the stupid high balls that Naughton and co give him while 3 players are marking him.
    C'MON OFFALY!!!!!!!!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Can't argue with that Flav, I am just annoyed in the manner it happened.

As for Corks tactics, it fecking blew my mind yesterday, in the closing stages, when Donal Og kept on pucking it long into midfield, making it essentially a 50/50 ball. Play the bastard thing short, work it up the field, take your point, and win the blasted match. 3 times in the last few minutes of regulation time yesterday. 3!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

back!
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Rock's new film with Will Ferrell - The Other Guys

Trailer

that looks awesome
    That looks ****ing great. Eva Mendes boobs included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    It was either that or teh epic flahism of "Yore Ma":pac:

what about the always good so's your face or thats what she said?
    Back from Oxygen, jesus some weekend lads, managed to get my hands on a Vuvuzela, and it makes a fu*king epic beer bong..

nice finally a proper use for those things
    Voltwad wrote: »
    Fantasy Football is back. I took the liberty of making a PW forum league.

Code to join this league: 1244-1615

ill come back to this thing later and then change my team several hundred team before the season starts.
    Headshot wrote: »
    slick is a great choice for the sf mod, one of the best posters on the sf too

+1
    Voltwad wrote: »
    Couldn't care for the GAA...

unfortunatley +1, like the irish language itself id like to have had more of an interest and been better in/at it but i just have no interest. Soccer and Rugby are my two main sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

There should be some sort of Leinster Lads vs Munster Mafia game:pac:

C'MON OFFALY!!!!!!!!!!1

ha!

Gerard.C wrote: »
    ha!

Its 3 points to 1 in favour of the Premier county now going by teletext but thats as slow as Christmas, it must be hallf time by now.

Come on Offaly is right, if not, bring on Tipp. :cool:

Its 3 points to 1 in favour of the Premier county now going by teletext but thats as slow as Christmas, it must be hallf time by now.

Tipp are hammering them lads.

Lets see what Galway are really made of now next week

I'd imagine it'll be a double header in Croker. Will pop down to scout our semi final opposition.

14 to 5 to us at half time. Teletext is brutal altogether, and tipp.fm isnt workin online

Not so bad so. Tipp v Galway next week so.

I live near the border and went to school with many Tipp lads, that and the fact of the bit of rivalry between both counties I hate losing to Tipp even more than Kilkenny. :D

Should be a good game if Tipp see off Offaly so. Think its our first Championship meeting since 2005.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Tipp are hammering them lads.

Lets see what Galway are really made of now next week

I'd imagine it'll be a double header in Croker. Will pop down to scout our semi final opposition.

Not getting past the fact we have to beat Tipp first but we owe ye one from last year. :pac:

Apparantly Young is playing well centre field, interesting to see will McGrath stay centre forward for us next week or will Sheamy Callinan be brought back in. If we win today, of course

Apparantly Young is playing well centre field, interesting to see will McGrath stay centre forward for us next week or will Sheamy Callinan be brought back in. If we win today, of course

when i read this i get confused why Sheamy is in consideration for a Aston Villa fantasy team with some odd positional choices... guess i really dont have a GAA mind :pac:

when i read this i get confused why Sheamy is in consideration for a Aston Villa fantasy team with some odd positional choices... guess i really dont have a GAA mind :pac:

Ha you need to move home bai!

Ha you need to move home bai!

a sure the Taiwanese are awesome hurlers :pac:

just back from ten days in Malaysia too twas awesome, monkeys, island hopping and whatnot

just back from ten days in Malaysia too twas awesome, monkeys, island hopping and whatnot

I'd say you'd find a good quick half forward over there! I'll have to start up a local team whenever i go over. Good recruiting place for tipp!

I'd say you'd find a good quick half forward over there! I'll have to start up a local team whenever i go over. Good recruiting place for tipp!

Well if Cork can get them in Fiji whay can't Tipp get a few in Taiwan.:pac:

Taiwan is no Fiji but it is still a hotbed of Hurling.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Well if Cork can get them in Fiji whay can't Tipp get a few in Taiwan.:pac:

Too right for ya bai! We could do with a bit of culture in our team!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Ah did you meet the Monkeys in the caves? There unreal, ive loads of photos of them from a couple of years ago, nice place Malayasia, its just a pity its full of Malayasian's tbh:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement