Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Looks like we have Diabhal Beag vs Gerard C in the All Ireland Quarter Final, with the prize on offer a semi final against The Flah.

Should be some good banter over the next few weeks.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    Looks like we have Diabhal Beag vs Gerard C in the All Ireland Quarter Final, with the prize on offer a semi final against The Flah.

Should be some good banter over the next few weeks.:pac:

Stop bai, i might head up for the galway game. It'd be in croker it would?

There should be some sort of Leinster Lads vs Munster Mafia game:pac:

No one wants to see a masscre lads, in all fairness.:pac:

Gerard.C wrote: »

Well assuming they play both matches (Tipp/Gal and Cork/Antrim) on the one day they can't have it in Cork or Tipp so I'd say it'll have to be Croker.

Well assuming they play both matches (Tipp/Gal and Cork/Antrim) on the one day they can't have it in Cork or Tipp so I'd say it'll have to be Croker.

We might have to have a pint next Sunday flah bai

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

It will be Croker. They wouldn't bring it to Cork anyway, first of all its a hole of a stadium, second they wont have Galway and especially Antrim travel the whole way down to Cork. Gaelic Grounds for Galway vs Tipp is the right place. But I'd say they will go for the double header and have it in Croke Park.

We might have to have a pint next Sunday flah bai

Ho ho no better man bah!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Croagh Patrick is on the same day apparently but I might go up to Croker if I get the chance.

Croagh Patrick is on the same day apparently but I might go up to Croker if I get the chance.

Watch it on the telly and save yourself a few bob :P

Watch it on the telly and save yourself a few bob :P

Oh Yow the shots are coming like whycycles as we'd say siar i gConnamara

• Advertisement

It'll be some game all the same. I wonder will they moved Paraic Maher back full back to mind Joe for the day

If ya babysit Joe the wee Damo Hayes will score a tidy few goals like the last time we met ye in Croker :pac:

Oh Yow the shots are coming like whycycles as we'd say siar i gConnamara

Honaic me an hon of a whitch agus a thuitcase thuas ar a whycycle.:pac:

As Galway native Tommy Tiernan would say :"He was wommiting wadka"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

just watching the golf and miguel angel jimenz looks a lot like the undertaker if he shrunk

CONGATULATIONS TO ROSCOMMON!!!!!!!

Great match and new Connacht Champions. A true tribute to Dermot Early senior and the minors who bayte Kerry yonks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Congrats to Roscommon. I feel sorry for Sligo but Roscommon haven't tasted success in a long time.

Guys I don't think the Galway-Tipp match will be in Croker. My mate on the panel reckons it will be in Thurles.

Cracking draw in the football qualifiers!

Guys I don't think the Galway-Tipp match will be in Croker. My mate on the panel reckons it will be in Thurles.

Cracking draw in the football qualifiers!

I would have thought they couldn't give home advantage to one team in a quarter final surely?

Agreed on the football qualifiers, 4 really good matches. Dublin/Louth will be intriguing to say the least, Limerick will have a go at Cork, Kildare/Monaghan has the Grimley factor and Sligo/Down is anyone's game.

The Connacht Final was a lovely game of football, its been a savage football championship so far with some great games and lots of wins for the underdog.

I'd love it to be in Croker as I am defo going now with me mates.

Dublin-Louth is my fave pick from the bunch. Louth are still pissed and Dublin are there for the taking.

Cork-Limerick could be good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Any of you lot have a doppelganger?

I have 2 apparently. One of whom I am not a fan of at all
    hughfearnleywhittingstall.jpg
    Me, holding my cock, yesterday

And the other which makes me smile everytime, especially as I got an awful lot of it during the World Cup,

o_f_c_barcelona_carles_puyol-36938.jpg

I know which likeness I prefer anyway :)

i also have 2 dopplegangers appartently

gareth gates which i will get said to me nearly every time i go drinking

and

landan donnavan which i started to get a lot during the world cup

i dont see my resembelance in eithier of them ha

With Hugh Fearnley it was the glasses for me, and for Puyol its the hair and the Barca/Spain shirt

A few years back when I had a particularly battered pair of glasses I was told I looked like Eamonn de Valera. I was not happy with that I can tell you.

I always thought Puyol was a dead ringer for Kerry von Erich, which by association makes gimmick our Cork version of the Texas tornado.:pac:

with gareth gates i think its the fact im skinny and and have simalir hair

with landan donavan im not really sure what it is except we have same shaped head

I always thought Puyol was a dead ringer for Kerry von Erich, which by association makes gimmick our Cork version of the Texas tornado.:pac:

Haha, outstanding. My physique is only slightly inferior to theirs as well. True story :p

gimmick wrote: »
    Haha, outstanding. My physique is only slightly inferior to theirs as well. True story :p

I hope you're a bit better at actually living beyond your thirties than the von Erichs anyway.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

gimmick wrote: »
    With Hugh Fearnley it was the glasses for me, and for Puyol its the hair and the Barca/Spain shirt

Having met you once, I can totally see the Hugh thing. Sorry buddy! If it's any consolation, my missus is a fan of his!

Its a cross to bear but i do not get that much anymore. The Puyol likeness makes up for it tho

• Advertisement

I actually look exactly like Dennis Behan minus the freckles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement