Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

On the subject, while walking into Semple Stadium yesterday evening I was told by two lads we were chatting to that I was the image of Dermot Earley Jnr. Never heard that one before. Now if only I had his talent. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    On the subject, while walking into Semple Stadium yesterday evening I was told by two lads we were chatting to that I was the image of Dermot Earley Jnr. Never heard that one before. Now if only I had his talent. :D

Have ya got the bald patch :pac: That's a compliment in my books Tribey

Its being going at the front for a while and the bald patch is just starting. All this at 25. :D

A compliment is how I took it!

His Dad will be smiling today after the Connacht Final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Actually came across some old posts from a few years back on another forum recently. Had posted pictures of meself up to mischief a few months apart, for one of them someone commented "You're a dead ringer for WWE wrestler Edge", the other "I don't know if you watch wrestling but you look exactly like CM Punk". :confused: Had to check twice to make sure it wasn't the specsavers forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Being a Kildare supporter, I'm glad to see Dermot Earley getting a mention. Without doubt the best player I have ever seen play for Kildare. When the chips are down he epitomises leadership.

Being a Kildare supporter, I'm glad to see Dermot Earley getting a mention. Without doubt the best player I have ever seen play for Kildare. When the chips are down he epitomises leadership.
    Strong personality. Played the week his father passed on. Great player, better person IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Liverpool are after signing Joe Cole on a four year deal. Good stuff:)

Villa needed him badly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Destroyed the bookies yesterday :) Had Bohs, UCD and Pats all to win -1 with a tenner on that. Returned €335, then for the icing on the cake, Rovers to win 1-0 at 5/1, had 7.50 on that, taking my returns up to €380

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

damm liverpool really wanted man utd to sign joe cole i think hes just the type of player we need

The GAA asked me to plug a small event they are having on Sunday :pac:

It's in a lovely place called Croke Park (Dermot went to a rugger match there and said facilities were adequate.

Some boggers from Tipp are playing some townies from Galway at 4pm

Another match is on that nobody cares about ;)

BOARDS PW HURLING MEET-UP MUST HAPPEN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

cole is a great buy for roy and the pool

The GAA asked me to plug a small event they are having on Sunday :pac:

It's in a lovely place called Croke Park (Dermot went to a rugger match there and said facilities were adequate.

Some boggers from Tipp are playing some townies from Galway at 4pm

Another match is on that nobody cares about ;)

BOARDS PW HURLING MEET-UP MUST HAPPEN

You know its weird, we seem to have more Hurling fans on PW than Gaelic Football fans which is strange seeing as Gaelic Football is a more widespread game.

Anyway, cant wait until Sunday. Come on Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Just realised it should be the Leinster Lads vs the Munster Mafia vs the Galway Girls:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Villa needed him badly :D

hmm

One thing about Cole to Liverpool is that if he is fit he should be first choice there at a number of his other suitors id imagine atleast some rotation (it will happen at Liverpool too im sure but more so to rest him id imagine).

Cant shake the feeling ive had for ages now that Robbie Keane is just destined to end up at Villa. would be nice from a completely abject pof another Irish lad to Villa also and Steven Ireland could end up there too. McGeady is also linked which i wouldent be too much against but only if we got him relatively cheap with him obviously wanting out of Celtic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Even our names is so much better. Leinster Lods and Galway Goish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Voltwad wrote: »
    Destroyed the bookies yesterday :) Had Bohs, UCD and Pats all to win -1 with a tenner on that. Returned €335, then for the icing on the cake, Rovers to win 1-0 at 5/1, had 7.50 on that, taking my returns up to €380

I've had a grand little run myself: Put 100 quid into Betfair at the start of the World Cup/Championship to make the summer more interesting and proceeded to blow the lot on stupid f*cking bets. Went right dow to the last fiver, then started winning regulalrly on Span 1-0. Then got a few quid back on Forlan sharing the Golden Boot at 1/4 of 17/1. Then backed the draw twice in a row on the Munster Final @ 18/1 and 12.5/1 respectively.

Balance is up to 106 Euro and miraculously I'm actually in profit. Unbelieveable.:pac:

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    You know its weird, we seem to have more Hurling fans on PW than Gaelic Football fans which is strange seeing as Gaelic Football is a more widespread game.

Anyway, cant wait until Sunday. Come on Galway.

Hurling and Pro Wrestling: The Sports of Kings.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Hurling and Pro Wrestling: The Sports of Kings.:pac:

You'd swear someone with a Gimmick that combines both, would be loved around here....... Go figure:pac:

• Advertisement

You'd swear someone with a Gimmick that combines both, would be loved around here....... Go figure:pac:

LOUL. He is an insult to both.

flahavaj wrote: »
    LOUL. He is an insult to both.

I wonder if the abuse he gets on here, inspired him to change his gimmick to "King Conor":pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Leinster Lads? Screw that.

Leinster Legion.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Leinster Lads? Screw that.

Leinster Legion.

That name has potential. I like it. :cool:

Leinster Legion??? I love it:D:pac:

Legion? Spiffing. Tally ho.

Nah us Galwegians have a different name:

The Jay O'Shea Memorial Poss-E

sheai.png

I don't get it??

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Faster starring Dwayne The Rock Johnson - Official Teaser Trailer 2010

(Sorry if I am turning this thread into the trailers thread ;)

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    I don't get it??
    The name that beats them all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement