Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Did you wake up from this dream yet? :pac:

I don't need to be buddy. Tis only a few hours from reality :D Should be great craic regardless of the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

woof/hic

you cant spell slaughterd without laughtered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

woof/hic

you cant spell slaughterd without laughtered.

you just did, hmm wonder if that was the drunken point... my face is finally starting to not hurt after my own *hiccing* last night \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i am in so much pain right now :mad: :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What a match that was. Two very good sides. Feel sorry for Galway.

2 decent semi finals ahead of us, but have an awful feeling KK will make **** of Cork, and do their usual in the final against whomever it will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Savagely close game from start to finish today. Impressed with Tipp's ability to dig it out again - some score from Lar who otherwise was way below form. Young maher in midfield has been some find and McGrath has to start there beside him next day, he's the engine of that team.

Tipp/Waterford will be equally epic. We need to expolit this weaknedd Tipp seemt o have down the middle. Thats the second game this year they've conceded thre goals from direct play straight through the middle. Their full forward terrifies me far more than Cork's did though. Whichever half-back line come out on top will win it.

Feel sorry for Galway, they hurled well especially Horse Regan's son at centre back. They're definitely getting better every year and they remind me of Waterford of 2002/2 before they got over the mental block of beating the bigger teams on a regular basis. They need to give Canning six months off, he seems injured to me and was way off the pace from play.

First off great match and well done to Tipperary. We should have beaten ye to be fair. All of the Tipp goals were due to huge lapses in the Galway team. Ye proved that running straight at the full-back line will equal goals. Ye were fairly clinical when it came to point-scoring. If any team has a chance of beating Kilkenny it is Tipp. Best of luck. Ye have the most annoying fans though in fairness. The assholes behind us kept asking us :"Do ya think ya have a chance bai?".

The end of Ollie Canning sadly. I was talking to Davy Canning and he reckons this was his last season. An amazing player. Shame he never won an All-Ireland.

I'm disappointed that our only good performance this year still ended in defeat. Tony Og was great. Eanna Ryan won over all critics. Joe was a bull as ever.

Ger Farragher was god-like until the last free.

Best of luck Ger but let this Galwegian drink away his pain :(

BTW I was locked for the entire Cork match :D

Eanna Ryan was class alright I thought. Can't agree about Joe though - his frees and sidelines were good, but from play he was way below par. He got cleaned out in the air which you rarely see happen.

• Advertisement

When he was marked he made space for Damo Hayes to run riot along with Ryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Dont tell me the Cannings are retiring?:(:(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

GAA Forum that way lads :pac:

When he was marked he made space for Damo Hayes to run riot along with Ryan.

Doesn't mean he played well though. He's had a very poor season by the standards he has set himself.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Doesn't mean he played well though. He's had a very poor season by the standards he has set himself.
    he's been found out. He is marked well. His standards are far too high to live up to expectations consistently.

Voltwad 99% of this thread is GAA related.

he's been found out. He is marked well. His standards are far too high to live up to expectations consistently.

Voltwad 99% of this thread is GAA related.
    There really needs to be a GAA v Anti-GAA feud in WWE with a character called Thomas Davis as the leader of the GAA stable.

Voltwad wrote: »
    There really needs to be a GAA v Anti-GAA feud in WWE with a character called Thomas Davis as the leader of the GAA stable.

Or Tony Davis.:pac:

Or Tony Davis.:pac:
    I can envisage Michael Cole deeming him the Skiberreen Assassin already.

Voltwad wrote: »
    I can envisage Michael Cole deeming him the Skiberreen Assassin already.

He is the schnaykiest looking man in Ireland.:pac:

G'wan PAH HORGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ill join the anti gaa brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

GAA? I havent been reading this thread much. I just thought someones dog got put down or something and people had mixed feelings about it.

Ho ho the Tipp bais pulled it out of the bad once again! The better team won today it has to be said, Lar was unreal and surely to god Brendan Maher has an All Star waiting for him, he has been class at centre field all year. I feel sorry for Galway, it was a devistatingly close game and it would be crushing to lose. Bring on the deise in 3 weeks time! Up the premier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

So so disappointed. Really, It's worse than last years loss to Waterford. Worse than the game that got away from us in 2008 against Cork as well. When I look at our last three exits from the Championship there is one word that comes into my head, a word that McIntyre said he did not want to hear mentioned: bottle. We cant close out games and once again it cost us yesterday. I don't think we are mentally tough enough.

Nothing can be said about the effort the lads made yesterday, they gave it their all. I really hope they learn from this and come back even stronger next year.

Congrats to Gerard C. and Tipp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Yeah he didn't do well from play. He was well marked but thats because other teams are now wise to his act. But that does not stop the really great players from shining through. I hear people saying the whole time that he does not receive the right kind of ball. Well this is hurling, you cant expect to get the right ball straight into your hand, you have to fight for it and win it.

There has been a lot of talk about Joe playing with injuries, if this is true he needs to take the time off to recover 100%, doubt that will happen what with Portumna and then commitments to LIT.

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    So so disappointed. Really, It's worse than last years loss to Waterford. Worse than the game that got away from us in 2008 against Cork as well. When I look at our last three exits from the Championship there is one word that comes into my head, a word that McIntyre said he did not want to hear mentioned: bottle. We cant close out games and once again it cost us yesterday. I don't think we are mentally tough enough.

Nothing can be said about the effort the lads made yesterday, they gave it their all. I really hope they learn from this and come back even stronger next year.

Congrats to Gerard C. and Tipp.

I can on ly imagine. I'd feel bad even messin with ye about winning, it was such a good honest close game of hurling. Both teams should come out with their heads up after it. There was class shown in Croke Park yesterday. Comiserations, and we might see ye again next year for the rematch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I actually thought the Galway manager was about to cry in his post match interview. he was very emotional and I thought I heard a wobble in his voice. Hard to blame him. To lose a game like that must be very hard to pick yourself up after. The dressing room must have been like a wake.

gimmick wrote: »
    I actually thought the Galway manager was about to cry in his post match interview. he was very emotional and I thought I heard a wobble in his voice. Hard to blame him. To lose a game like that must be very hard to pick yourself up after. The dressing room must have been like a wake.

He was crying after the match

He was crying after the match

Felt so bad for the poor man. He was in bits. I hope ye stick with him, ye are definitely going in the right direction and there has been a definite improvement year on year.

• Advertisement

Felt so bad for the poor man. He was in bits. I hope ye stick with him, ye are definitely going in the right direction and there has been a definite improvement year on year.
    Don't know. One good match in a poor season really isn't good enough IMO. I think a lot of people felt sorry for us due to his reaction but his consistent selection of Damien Joyce is really idiotic as he has never played well under McIntyre.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement