Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Welcome to the real world in rip off Ireland. Because you're not gonna get away with a wrestling shirt on a night out for the rest of your life.

But an MMA shirt with big skulls and flames on it is fine?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

krudler wrote: »
    But an MMA shirt with big skulls and flames on it is fine?:D

Well it depends on where you go, Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in a Randy Orton or John Cena shirt, if i decided to go into Bruxelles for a beer.

And not all the Affliction shirts are MMA related, for the record. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well if you would be wearing a Cena shirt chances are you arent old enough to drink yet, I do have Ortons family crest shirt and have worn that under a shirt with a collar on nights out, its not blatantly a wrestling shirt which is why I like it, I'd really only wear my wrestling tshirts around the house or to events, maybe to the gym occasionally. I do like a lot of the affliction shirts but some of them are like those fantasy/metal shirts you'd buy in forbidden planet, nothing says "ladies man" like a shirt with a pic of a naked chick with a sword riding a dragon...

krudler wrote: »
    Well if you would be wearing a Cena shirt chances are you arent old enough to drink yet, I do have Ortons family crest shirt and have worn that under a shirt with a collar on nights out, its not blatantly a wrestling shirt which is why I like it, I'd really only wear my wrestling tshirts around the house or to events, maybe to the gym occasionally. I do like a lot of the affliction shirts but some of them are like those fantasy/metal shirts you'd buy in forbidden planet, nothing says "ladies man" like a shirt with a pic of a naked chick with a sword riding a dragon...

Agreed on the Cena shirt. Reminds me of the episode of the second series of the Real World where the Country & Western kid goes to the beach in a hulk rules shirt and a pair of yellow shorts, and the rest of them slowly distance themselves away from him.

The Orton one just comes across to me as "Affliction wannabe" shirt written all over it, especially as two years ago he actually wore Affliction shirts while cutting promos certainly doesn't help his case there either.

I'm not a fan of the fantasy style Affliction shirts, I'll admit that. I tend to wear the gothic style shirts that came out last year as part of the bamboo series, which I think are really f*cking swank. But that's just my own personal taste. I like em when i see em on the rail, i'll buy them, then i'll wear them. Simple as. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I use Ebay for buying Sinful (afflictions sister) stuff and it works out well, 50 euro is not a lot to pay for a t shirt at all if its nice good quality and your going to get a decent few wears out of it in my honest opinion and with the rate that the Dollar is at now $1.36 to the euro you'd pay even less for them including postage.

• Advertisement

I would just like to publically thank Comic-Book-Guy for that awesome round of tug of war on Rock Band 2. :)

He took a hammerin' and he took it well. Better than Undertaker takes a HHH sledgehammer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I would just like to publically thank Comic-Book-Guy for that awesome round of tug of war on Rock Band 2. :)

He took a hammerin' and he took it well. Better than Undertaker takes a HHH sledgehammer. :D

Yeah i took some beating.

My comfort zone is usually hard or expert on bass. So when we were about 4 or 5 songs in i was like "F*** it, if i lose at least ill lose on expert :D"

I still beat you on Any way you want it though. :o

Anytime you wanna go for another one shawn just let me know.
    Now that i have a viable reason to attempt expert mode :P

Yeah i took some beating.

My comfort zone is usually hard or expert on bass. So when we were about 4 or 5 songs in i was like "F*** it, if i lose at least ill lose on expert :D"

I still beat you on Any way you want it though. :o

Anytime you wanna go for another one shawn just let me know.
    Now that i have a viable reason to attempt expert mode :P

I will indeed. I'm only getting back into practice myself after i f*cked up my shoulder two weeks ago, making life with the strum bar very difficult. And I was still getting into my stride with Any Way You Want It. Plus there are songs that i just know i can't do on Expert to save my life (yet).

The worst thing you could have done was tell me the last song when I had the pick, you know full well i'm an evil c*nt who will pick one of the longest songs on the set. :D

But yeah, will defo get another game in. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm drunk again.

I love my job

orestes wrote: »
    I'm drunk again.

I love my job

Looks like it's time for me to finish the Jack Daniels. And i just spent 60 quid on microsoft points to get Lost and Damned and some more tracks for Rock Band, so no booze for me til next week. :(

• Advertisement

I'm drunk again.

I love my job

Yay! Thats enough reason for me to stay up to be part of that!

Looks like it's time for me to finish the Jack Daniels. And i just spent 60 quid on microsoft points to get Lost and Damned and some more tracks for Rock Band, so no booze for me til next week. :(

I have beer, want some?
    Yay! Thats enough reason for me to stay up to be part of that!

It's times like this I really miss being able to mess with posts here for my own amusement :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm drunk again.

I love my job

You're always drunk mate.:p

How did you get boxed off with that job anyway? It has to be like the best job ever!

I have beer, want some?

Needed to ask me that when i had a chance to get into town with some DVDs.

That said, we'd probably still be drinking at 7am the following morning and my missus wouldn't be terribly enthralled.

The worst thing you could have done was tell me the last song when I had the pick, you know full well i'm an evil c*nt who will pick one of the longest songs on the set. :D

But yeah, will defo get another game in. :)

Yeah, i was honestly expecting Dream Theater or something stupidly long like that.
    Love Pearl Jam but my fingers nearly wrap themselves around each other with all the hammer-ons. :(

We should go for Bass next time seeing as that is our real world weapons of choice. :pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You're always drunk mate.:p

How did you get boxed off with that job anyway? It has to be like the best job ever!

Not always, I was sober for a while last Monday I think :p

A mate knew the guy who ran the company and I was looking for work and they neded staff, happy days all round. And the job has it's drawbacks, believe me. Ever tried herding 80 drunk people who don't speak English through a city?

orestes, how come your not a chess mod anymore?

orestes, how come your not a chess mod anymore?

I never was, Bubs101 mods chess, I did nocturnal, stand up comedy and here until recently as well as philosophy, which I still mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Not always, I was sober for a while last Monday I think :p

A mate knew the guy who ran the company and I was looking for work and they neded staff, happy days all round. And the job has it's drawbacks, believe me. Ever tried herding 80 drunk people who don't speak English through a city?

Ha ha, touche! Would you get harassed by your boss if someone broke off from the group and started some shenanigans? Damn I would have loved a job like that to compliment Uni! Fair play man.

Yeah, i was honestly expecting Dream Theater or something stupidly long like that.
    Love Pearl Jam but my fingers nearly wrap themselves around each other with all the hammer-ons. :(

We should go for Bass next time seeing as that is our real world weapons of choice. :pac:

I love Dream Theater! But i hate Panic Attack, it's such a poor song. Pull Me Under is on Guitar Hero World Tour and is a much better tune. If you had RB1, i'd have probably have done Green Grass And High Tides and really f*cked you up. :)

Bass challenge?, bring it! :D

• Advertisement

I love Dream Theater! But i hate Panic Attack, it's such a poor song. Pull Me Under is on Guitar Hero World Tour and is a much better tune. If you had RB1, i'd have probably have done Green Grass And High Tides and really f*cked you up. :)

Bass challenge?, bring it! :D

its such a fiddly song that they put on it. i'd love if pull me under was on Rb and continue my idea that every song sounds and plays better on Rb.

I expect a hyper-guitarists downloadable content, full of steve vai, dream theater, John Petrucci.
    That'd be sweet.

I never was, Bubs101 mods chess, I did nocturnal, stand up comedy and here until recently as well as philosophy, which I still mod

ah...

so what happened to the nocturnal and stand up?

its such a fiddly song that they put on it. i'd love if pull me under was on Rb and continue my idea that every song sounds and plays better on Rb.

Well i piss about with the sounds in GHWT, like upping the bass level. Plus i'm hooked up to a 5.1 surround here too, so everything sounds bloody awesome. :)
    I expect a hyper-guitarists downloadable content, full of steve vai, dream theater, John Petrucci.
    That'd be sweet.

Satch Boogie on GHWT is a lot of fun to play, as is VH Hot For Teacher. And if you like your bass stuff, shell out for the entire Rush - Moving Pictures album. You will not be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I so have to get xbox live sorted :(

I so have to get xbox live sorted :(

Yeah... YA DOOOOOOOOO LIKE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Yeah... YA DOOOOOOOOO LIKE! :D

I KNOOOOOOOW LIKE!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Whats the Dark & Deviant Forum? Iwas denied permission trying to enter it:(

Better off asking the moderator. :)

ah...

so what happened to the nocturnal and stand up?

I stood down as mod of both forums
    Degag wrote: »
    Whats the Dark & Deviant Forum? Iwas denied permission trying to enter it:(

It is a private forum

• Advertisement

It is a private forum

As a result of this, any further discussion should really be taken to the moderators via PM, rather than OTB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement