Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Has anyone ever worn earplugs to any concerts anytime?

I'm heading to the bizkit gig and have an important few days afterwards and don't feel up to asking everyone to repeat what they're saying.

So if anyone has can they suggest where to pick some up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

CMpunked wrote: »
    Has anyone ever worn earplugs to any concerts anytime?

I'm heading to the bizkit gig and have an important few days afterwards and don't feel up to asking everyone to repeat what they're saying.

So if anyone has can they suggest where to pick some up?

Have never needed them myself not being a huge fan of metal/nu metal (still going?) or rock. Although after my first ever gig my ears where ringing for days.

I think you could pick them up at any of the bigger chemists. Boots maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Fred doesnt want you to wear ear plugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You are going to a concert with the intention of listening to the sound yet you want to wear earplugs :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

You are going to a concert with the intention of listening to the sound yet you want to wear earplugs :confused::confused:

I've got borderline tinnius and had to spend the last gig I went to with some tissue in my ears because of how bad the sound man was.

I have a rule now that if the concert is indoors I'm wearing them.

The sounds are so loud that the sound still penetrates the plugs, just not the raw 100dBs without them.

• Advertisement

Jaysius that's mad.

Was thinking of going to the Waterford - Tipp match but I have to get me debs tickets tomorrow :(

Poor Flah will be on suicide watch ATM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Was just in a lift with some Yank who said "Hurley" was "Just like Ice Hockey.. But outdoor's" I proceeded to laugh in his face..

Was just in a lift with some Yank who said "Hurley" was "Just like Ice Hockey.. But outdoor's" I proceeded to laugh in his face..

Where in Galway are ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Poor Flah will be on suicide watch ATM

Fairly sickened alright but no complaints about the result. Mistakes were made in the Waterford cap and they didn;t do themselves justice but the truth of the matter is Tipp are a better team in both the forwards and backs.

The rumours that were flying around about Tommy Walsh's injury are on RTe now as well - Tipp have a real chance now.

Well done Ger, good to see you again today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,297 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hey flah what was the score in the gaa match ?

lol I just like getting the digs in

man since I was banned, today is the 1st time i missed the sf, just reading that pool matchday thread, great laugh

Headshot wrote: »
    hey flah what was the score in the gaa match ?

lol I just like getting the digs in

:(

flahavaj wrote: »

now i feel guilty. tbh i didnt even know a tipp match was on, even thou they were tipp flags all around the neighbourhood, i only found out a few minutes ago :pac:

Tommy Walsh was "seriously injured" in a club match apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm so sh*t at fantasy Premier League. Reina cost me big time today. Joint last in the PW one:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm so sh*t at fantasy Premier League. Reina cost me big time today. Joint last in the PW one:(:(

Didn't start well either. It was tough this year with the likes of Drogba and Lampard rumoured to miss out.

Just finished Metal Gear Solid 4 last night. Got to about a quarter of the way through it when I bought it two years ago but never finished it. Decided to give it a go during August and really enjoyed it, although you need to know the story to really appreciate it. Probably my favourite gaming series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Just finished Metal Gear Solid 4 last night. Got to about a quarter of the way through it when I bought it two years ago but never finished it. Decided to give it a go during August and really enjoyed it, although you need to know the story to really appreciate it. Probably my favourite gaming series.

Only ever finished one game (well 3 if you include Sonic on the Megadrive and Mario on the NES) and that was Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube. Bloody loved that game. Haven't gotten into any of the current generation of consoles at all. I still play my Gamecube and Megadrive more than my 360.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Don't worry bout it, tis only week one. I am already considering playing my wild card, i never played before so had no idea you could only have one free transfer a week, already considering using my "Wildcard".

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Don't worry bout it, tis only week one. I am already considering playing my wild card, i never played before so had no idea you could only have one free transfer a week, already considering using my "Wildcard".

Second meslef in the PW one but nowhere in my other leagues. Middle of the road team thus far. Frankie Lampard is the one player I choose year in year out, monster player in FF.

• Advertisement

"Start as you mean to go on" doesn't go well with me. Out of my 4 defenders, I got 4 points:o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

flahavaj wrote: »
    Second meslef in the PW one but nowhere in my other leagues. Middle of the road team thus far. Frankie Lampard is the one player I choose year in year out, monster player in FF.

Well I got picking him right. I thought Drogba was injured but the fecker turned up anyway. I picked Anelka instead and wasted the extra 3.5 points on Wigan players, one of them wasn't even in the squad!

If Rooney does something for United tomorrow i'll be okay.

I've 1 player for tomorrow, Chicharito

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its only week 1, seriously wait till the top sides have a double week.
    There is 37 weeks left, stop panicking lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

chordtype wrote: »
    Only ever finished one game (well 3 if you include Sonic on the Megadrive and Mario on the NES) and that was Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube. Bloody loved that game. Haven't gotten into any of the current generation of consoles at all. I still play my Gamecube and Megadrive more than my 360.

I think it does get harder as you get older. I used to be quite knowledgeable about the previous generation of consoles, and what big games were coming out, but these days I am lost.

Go on Tipp!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Trying to find a venue for our wedding will be quite the task id say. Myself and the mrs to be have very differing tastes. I want to go to Lough Allen, given that that is my surname and all.

gimmick wrote: »
    Trying to find a venue for our wedding will be quite the task id say. Myself and the mrs to be have very differing tastes. I want to go to Lough Allen, given that that is my surname and all.

You can get married in Croke Park, there was an ad in the match programme yesterday. Do that for the craic.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats in Dublin. I would rather contribute to the Cork economy than that slime pit of a Shire.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Thats in Dublin. I would rather contribute to the Cork economy than that slime pit of a Shire.

Gwan, get married in Croker, it'd be nice for ya to have at least one good memory coming from there in the future!

That or you could get married up by the Lough. Ye could dress the sawns up in suits and all for it :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement