Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i just relised its 5 years since i got my leaving cert results damm time flies anyway goodluck to anyone getting LC results

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I'm 22 and repeated my Maths LC this year, and I'm more nervous about tomorrow than I was the first time round.
    :(
    More riding on this one or something I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

CMpunked wrote: »
    I'm 22 and repeated my Maths LC this year, and I'm more nervous about tomorrow than I was the first time round.

Good luck fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The very best of luck Diabhal, Machismo and CMPunked and anyone else getting results. It probably seems important and the be all and end all at the moment but in hindsight its not at all.

Hope ye all enjoy getting demented tomorrow night.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Don't worry, you're a member of the S.E.S so you're already better than anyone else:)

S.E.S

• Advertisement

Good luck fella

Cheers Dia.

By any chance does anyone know if there is a
    Pw society in DKIT?

Don't worry, you're a member of the S.E.S so you're already better than anyone else:)

S.E.S

The straight edge society are following me now on twitter.. :pac:

Good present me thinks..
    &t=1&usg=AFrqEze_0DeFTSLLrGEdnV_dEle6wnlbRA

The straight edge society are following me now on twitter.. :pac:

Good present me thinks..
    &t=1&usg=AFrqEze_0DeFTSLLrGEdnV_dEle6wnlbRA

You must lead by example now. For a Straight Edge nation, 1 nation under Punk

flahavaj wrote: »
    The very best of luck Diabhal, Machismo and CMPunked and anyone else getting results. It probably seems important and the be all and end all at the moment but in hindsight its not at all.

Hope ye all enjoy getting demented tomorrow night.:pac:
    A piss up 12 months in the making!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Best of luck to ye lads, and anyone else getting them. Tis piss easy really, ye wont know what all the fuss was about in a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Just to echo what everybody else has already said. Good luck tomorrow everybody. Remember it's not the end of the world if you don't get what you want or need.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I didn't bother getting my results till after five. Why? Because I knew if I went down first thing, millions of people would jump me to found how I done. I can't stand the comparing of marks that goes on when you get results. People always seem a little

I instead was playing Metal Gear Solid for most of the day. :pac:

300. Passed everything but still thought I'd do better TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fair play. I would not get too down about it. Will you have enough for college?

gimmick wrote: »
    Fair play. I would not get too down about it. Will you have enough for college?

I will. I'll defo get a course I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Good man the divil, have a small wan on me later!

300. Passed everything but still thought I'd do better TBH.

Congrats :) I got 300 last year & I was delighted. You'll get a course alright so don't worry about it. Just go out and enjoy yourself now (and adhere to the Straight Edge message)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

480 with an A1 in Business. I'm ecstatic, I was convinced I'd only get around 380.

480 with an A1 in Business. I'm ecstatic, I was convinced I'd only get around 380.

Congrats!!!

Well done ombré!

What course you aiming for?
    I'm going to guess something business-y? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well done folks.

Just remember, As important as it seems, its not really. I didn't get the points I was looking for when I did mine and ended up in a different course. Looking back, I'm delighted things worked out the way they did. Even if things don't work out as you planned, it is what it is.

That's true paddy, I done my LC in 2006 and missed out on the multimedia course I wanted because I failed my Maths, a subject I never failed before!
    So I ended up doing a plc entrance level 5 multimedia course and got working for a large electrical chain (let's just say.. Could be Indian.. Could be Asian.. ;) ).
    My friends that all got onto courses that year have all finished this summer gone, and as much as I'd rather be finishing than trying to get in this year, the wealth of knowledge that I have gotten from the 4 years is phenomenal.

Also gave me the realisation that I didn't like multimedia as much as I thought but fell in love with video and film.

It's never the be all and end all, let noone ever tell you that. Your plan might not go as you expected or wanted, but all that means is there's a different plan you need to figure out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Well done ombré!

What course you aiming for?
    I'm going to guess something business-y? :)

Thanks. Commerce at 450, so I have a nice 30 point comfort zone in case it goes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus, thats excellent MF

Well done lads, I would hope ye are all after puking up half a litre of straight vodka at least once already.:pac:

Where can I check online about points going up and down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Well done lads. Have a good night and don't do anything too stupid.

^
    One of the papers next week has all the points for all the courses I think and comparisons for the previous couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Where can I check online about points going up and down?

The first round of points are out next week.

Well done to all. It isn't the be all and end all that some people make out but at the same time it's a big relief having it off your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

congrats to everyone! fair play!

• Advertisement

danhappy.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement