Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I just got offered a teaching job. Over the moon but the principal has told me it will be 1 class or another.

While they are both "lovely" there's one class I particularly want. So praying/cosmic energy/or anything else is welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats good to hear. Fair play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

congrats Vince (looking for a new teaching job myself atm) and congrats to all those who just did their LCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Where did you do your teacher training lads?

• Advertisement

chordtype wrote: »

well im different as im teaching english abroad, did my CELT cert in the Dublin school of English.

I did however start a PGCE in england as i didnt have great Irish from leaving cert level but eventually pulled out due to badly timed apendicitus. I was doing it at UEL, University of East London.

I did a post grad with Hibernia. If you want to know more about it feel free to PM me.

I see our old friends Rovert god a month long site ban. He has an impressive rap sheet - 13 bans and 18 infractions/warnings.

Cheers lads. Just going into my third year at Pats (doing a B.A. not a B.Ed) and weighing up my options for a post grad course. Teaching is an option but I can't really see myself doing it so I'm quite close to ruling it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

gimmick wrote: »
    I see our old friends Rovert god a month long site ban. He has an impressive rap sheet - 13 bans and 18 infractions/warnings.

Good ol' Rovert, when will he ever learn? :rolleyes:

How many of those bans were from here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ah now lads I don't agree with the trashing of former PW posters. We can't talk about Shawn Raven so it's hardly fair to talk down to rovert (who is actually harshly treated in the MMA forum).

Not trashing him, merely saying he has been banned is all.

I sometimes enjoyed his posting in MMA.

I would welcome him back posting here even though at times he rubbed me up the wrong way initially with his posting style but i agree that we shouldent really talk about him as people shouldent be bashing a former poster not here to defend themselves and it isnt right for people to only be able to talk one up either....not that anyone was bashing him anyway

gimmick wrote: »

I sometimes enjoyed his posting in MMA.

In my opinion, that forum badly needed him for some balance.

I would welcome him back posting here even though at times he rubbed me up the wrong way initially with his posting style but i agree that we shouldent really talk about him as people shouldent be bashing a former poster not here to defend themselves and it isnt right for people to only be able to talk one up either....not that anyone was bashing him anyway
    I know but it was going in that direction. If somebody can't defend themselves then it's kicking somebody when they're down. I think we're all better than that.

Rovert has an amazing knowledge of wrestling, I'd welcome him back too.
    If his posting style changed, then that would be even better.

I don't go onto it as I only have a fringe intrest in mma, but what is it like?
    (meaning vince said it needed more balance)

CMpunked wrote: »

I think rovert has a great knowledge of MMA. He rubbed mods the wrong way when Brock kept winning the fights and the mods were annoyed because rovert stated how they were wrong (which they were and were catagorically unfair to Brock).

He's perma-banned from the MMA forum now though.

This is just my opinion.
    This is gonna sound silly but they are very Pro MMA. Lesnar is not very popular amongst alot of the posters there. A lot of people didn't like Sonnen promoting his fight the way he did. Quite a few of them ragged on Batista for going into MMA. Basically it's all very anti pro wrestling and anybody associated with it. I use to post there for a tiny while usually about the Dream shows which was fine but the days after major UFC events I usually avoid reading it. It seems like a lot of people over there have their own opinions and they ain't gonna change their mind no matter what. Not as friendly and open as this forum though. Again this is just how I see it.

I think you will find that most people involved in combat sports, or are fans of, generally will be very hostile towards pro wrestling due to its worked nature and the lack of a proper governing body which restricts use of steroids etc.

Basically it's all very anti pro wrestling and anybody associated with it. .

The irony is for years I was the one asking for for a specific MMA forum to self defence because until that point the UFC shows were being talked about on the pro-wrestling forum.

Not everyone is anti-prowrestling on the MMA board. There are alot of good posters but unfortunately when it comes to Lesnar, 1 particular mod has very irrational views on him in my opinion which does nothing for the forum.

• Advertisement

Not everyone is anti-prowrestling on the MMA board. There are alot of good posters but unfortunately when it comes to Lesnar, 1 particular mod has very irrational views on him in my opinion which does nothing for the forum.
    Not an opinion Vince it's fact. I'm put off posting there just because of him.

The irony is for years I was the one asking for for a specific MMA forum to self defence because until that point the UFC shows were being talked about on the pro-wrestling forum.

After reading the UFC 116 thread I would agree with you on that. Some of the stuff that was going on was ridiculous. Silly things like people questioning others on how long they had been fans. No time for attitudes like that.

But I don't get it, lesnar is MR MMA?!

Show someone a picture of him and say, yeah he's a fighter in ufc, within minutes they are youtubing him because of how he looks.

Show someone (with all due respect to him, just using him as am example..) Forrest griffin and more than likely their reaction is no different from seeing any other mma star because that's what they expect them to look like..

Who cares if he has a wwe background? That's the offer that was given to him at the time, no need to hold it against him. He is a pure beast and was born /engineered for what he does now.

Batista on the other hand.. Whole different story..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

45757_434125396720_64386671720_5253047_4153580_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

If you're a wrestling fan over an mma fan dont go in there. You'll only be annoyed by the narrow mindedness of most of the posters, and end up with a warning like my lovely self :cool:

Gerard.C wrote: »
    If you're a wrestling fan over an mma fan dont go in there. You'll only be annoyed by the narrow mindedness of most of the posters, and end up with a warning like my lovely self :cool:

Maybe we should have an invasion sometime. :pac:

Maybe we should have an invasion sometime. :pac:

Troll the forum with statements like..

"This man would dominate MMA"
    sheamus-500x309.jpg

Etc etc etc:pac:

No ye won't. You can get a ban (possible site ban afaik) from here if it is suspected that there was a "troll invasion" of another forum which stemmed from here.

sad_panda_painting.jpg

• Advertisement

show_msgs.php?topic_id%3D27172189%26page%3D180&t=1&usg=AFrqEzcTPas0eDvlE13X4Gmu2671w6zfiQ

I guess it makes sense, we wouldn't want a bunch of mma trolls wreckin' the gaff! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement