Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

If Diabhal Beag was ever to do GAA commentary.. I'd imagine it would sound something like this:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gerard.C wrote: »
    But never mind Limp Bizkit

Now
    Some of the bais need a haircut
    If Diabhal Beag was ever to do GAA commentary.. I'd imagine it would sound something like this:pac:

I'm no Eddie Moroney though. "STRAIGHT OVER THE BEAR"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Anyone know a good place to find subtitles for movies online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have had precisely nothing to do at work since 10.30 this morning. Only so often can you press refresh on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

gimmick wrote: »
    I have had precisely nothing to do at work since 10.30 this morning. Only so often can you press refresh on boards.

F5 etc.........

• Advertisement

What does that do? Im afraid now it will make my pc explode?

gimmick wrote: »
    What does that do? Im afraid now it will make my pc explode?

It's a magical button that will make the page go blank and make it re-appear:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Any of ye play Football Manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Jaysus, don't mention it. The amount of time I've spent playing it and Championship Manager is frightening. Very much doubt there's anything more addictive than that series.

• Advertisement

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Jaysus, don't mention it. The amount of time I've spent playing it and Championship Manager is frightening. Very much doubt there's anything more addictive than that series.

Stop, its madness. I've Newcastle back in the Premiership in the new one at the mo, but the team is playin a bit **** on me. They'll be back in Europe yet tho! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Finished top with Boro in me first season, 3rd in the Prem and League Cup winners the 2nd. Boo yea! :cool:

glenjamin wrote: »
    Finished top with Boro in me first season, 3rd in the Prem and League Cup winners the 2nd. Boo yea! :cool:

Any suggestions for a good Assistant Manager for me? My lad is brutal. I couldnt be bothered doing press conferences and he always upsets someone when i send him

Any suggestions for a good Assistant Manager for me? My lad is brutal. I couldnt be bothered doing press conferences and he always upsets someone when i send him
    Try Joel Epalle, Paulo Camello, Genar Andrinua, John Cooke, Bobby Downes, or Steffan Freud. Got them all on my coaching staff. Freud seems like the best choice for an Assistant Manager though.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Try Joel Epalle, Paulo Camello, Genar Andrinua, John Cooke, Bobby Downes, or Steffan Freud. Got them all on my coaching staff. Freud seems like the best choice for an Assistant Manager though.

Legend, I'll give him a lash and see how we get on. We're on a 3 match win streak now, not too shabby. Up the toon army!

Legend, I'll give him a lash and see how we get on. We're on a 3 match win streak now, not too shabby. Up the toon army!

Good luck to ya, Geordie scum! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I played the 95/96 version to absolute death. Got Mansfield Town from the Third Division all the way to the UEFA Cup and the Premiershi one time only for the f*cking thing to rash on me on the cusp of glory.

That Tipp rap is classic.

Also this man is the only GAA commentator you need:

Made famous by Off the Ball I believe for the Country pages slot :D

Made famous by Off the Ball I believe for the Country pages slot :D

They've been selling that DVD down in Pat Fox's pub for years bai.:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Football Manager = How 90% of the Soccer Forum form their opinions on players (Of course all opinions are backed up with you tube!).

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Football Manager = How 90% of the Soccer Forum form their opinions on players (Of course all opinions are backed up with you tube!).

Stop. Goals scored and assists are all that matter in soccer apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Anybody find themselves saying 'Fella' alot more?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

chordtype wrote: »
    Anybody find themselves saying 'Fella' alot more?
    This!!!

And yeah I'm an FM addict. Currently managing Tralee Dynamos :pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thats actually bang out of order Headshot, comparing me to SOTS.

I can only dream of being a genius of SOTS proportions.:pac:

He truly was a great. Epic feedback threads, and how he whiopped the SF into a frenzy always had me laughing.

What a guy...

In fairness you have to appreciate a good troll when you see one. It's almost an art-form.

Exactly. Most trolls think they are original. They never stop to wonder has it been done before. The fact is - yes it has, many times, and far better than what you are about to try. Therre have been some amazingly good, and amazingly bad ones on boards over the years.

A good example of a bad one was somebody who was recently perm-banned from the PW forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

A good example of a bad one was somebody who was recently perm-banned from the PW forum.

Was he named after a well known golfing brand? :pac:

Indeedy.

• Advertisement

In fairness you have to appreciate a good troll when you see one. It's almost an art-form.

You young bucks weren't around to see the Flah in his glory days. Lord I was magnificent if I may say so myself. Terrorised the IWW thread and single handedly destryoed the board ontheir official site.

In many ways I regret people I like becoming mods on here, I was far more fun when I was angry. I've lost my edge.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement