Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ You take too much credit. I remeber come kid who posted there who drove us all insane. Cannot remeber what his name is, but he was a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ You take too much credit. I remeber come kid who posted there who drove us all insane. Cannot remeber what his name is, but he was a moron.

jimmy jailbreak?

No, he had a very short name. Like Ceb or Kas or something.

Though I remember fondly "hello sir". Some kid who was banned within minutes of registering everytime for saying something stupid.

Jesus youd forget how much craic the old IwW forum was. Before the Flah ran wild on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No, he had a very short name. Like Ceb or Kas or something.

Though I remember fondly "hello sir". Some kid who was banned within minutes of registering everytime for saying something stupid.

Both Ceb and Kaz were on there. I developed a hatred for Ceb to the extent that I got IP banned for politely PM'ing him telling him what a complete c*nt I thought he was.

Good times.

I also had a right feud with jeffk but I became fond of his simple ways as times passed.:pac:

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Jesus youd forget how much craic the old IwW forum was. Before the Flah ran wild on it

The first time I ever spoke to you online was there. You were giving out about the Waterford hurlers after we bet ye a few years back in the quarter finals.

Also Woody is NOT a racist.:pac:

There was another fella "Jimmy the ...." cannot remeber his full name. God love him.

There was another one FlairPinnedMe. Did she ever migrate over here? Id say ye forgot about ehr did ye?

Bought a lash of ROH DVDs from her, so it is she who I thanks for that craze I had.

flahavaj wrote: »
    The first time I ever spoke to you online was there. You were giving out about the Waterford hurlers after we bet ye a few years back in the quarter finals.

Also Woody is NOT a racist.:pac:

Oh how the times have changed! It'll hold a special place in my heart for introducing me to the almighty Flahavaj

There was another fella "Jimmy the ...." cannot remeber his full name. God love him.

Oh jesus, jimmythepacker. he was in some mess. We saw him at a show in the Forum one time on his own standing at the back by the wall. He got all excited when he met Vic Viper. Bless.

Thats right. I remember seeing him and being slightly compelled to go say hello. I resietd the urge though.

• Advertisement

There are so many stories and tales I feel compelled to tell but alas , I cannot. Maybe I shopuld get hypnotised to help me forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Arra g'wan lads. Tell us a tale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Howdy lads, an old-poster-cum-lurker here,

I'm thinking of doing my photo-thesis on the Irish Wrestling scene this year and was wondering if anyone would have any pointers on who to contact, who's got the best 'look' and where all the lads are generally based.

I'll be researching myself more obviously if I do chose it, but I was wondering what people's general consensus on the current scene is too. How they feel about it and whether it's a black hole, a great training ground or great entertaining nights.

I think it could be interesting, more interesting than my Priests and Paramedics idea, anyway...

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Do any of you guys use any other wrestling forums? I've been having a look around the net and it seems the bigger ones, usually American based, are filled with "ratings this" and "ratings that", I rate this one an extra third higher than you and I'm a bit lower than you at ***5/8.

Bizarre stuff to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Do any of you guys use any other wrestling forums? I've been having a look around the net and it seems the bigger ones, usually American based, are filled with "ratings this" and "ratings that", I rate this one an extra third higher than you and I'm a bit lower than you at ***5/8.

Bizarre stuff to me :confused:

I actually just signed up to F4Wonline.com a couple of hours ago. Mainly for the newsletters and the audio shows but I might venture into the 'board'. Worth a visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Is boards not working properly for anyone else??

chordtype wrote: »
    I actually just signed up to F4Wonline.com a couple of hours ago. Mainly for the newsletters and the audio shows but I might venture into the 'board'. Worth a visit?

What's your username? I'm on there and Fla and Ger are occasional posters.

I havent been a member in months. It gets old, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Do you have to pay to join F4W and if so is it worth it?

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    Do you have to pay to join F4W and if so is it worth it?

You do but it is worth it. Just don't tell Bryan I said that.

• Advertisement

You do but it is worth it. Just don't tell Bryan I said that.

Just out of curiosity, what appeals you to it? It hit me like a tonne of bricks there a few months ago how it was such a waste of money. My opinion, of course.

Just out of curiosity, what appeals you to it? It hit me like a tonne of bricks there a few months ago how it was such a waste of money. My opinion, of course.
    I love the audio. Alan, Mike Coughlin and most of the other audio is fantastic. Worth the ten dollars alone for that. Then you get the online Observer newsletter every week. Plus the Board is a good way to kill time when you're arseing around.

Just after going on to the website there. €119.99 a year. :eek: Thats a fair bit of money to subscribe to a website.

I love the audio. Alan, Mike Coughlin and most of the other audio is fantastic. Worth the ten dollars alone for that. Then you get the online Observer newsletter every week. Plus the Board is a good way to kill time when you're arseing around.

I always thought Mike Coughlan was a bit of a dweeb, for want of a better word. Alan is sound though.

I'll take two pints a month over it though :cool:

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    Just after going on to the website there. €119.99 a year. :eek: Thats a fair bit of money to subscribe to a website.
    You don't have to sub for one year. I'd recommend a one month sub just to see if you'd like it.

Coughlin is funny. He just can't grow a beard. He also isn't Irish enough for ya IIRC :pac:

Alan is very cool. Wish he posted here. He has great guests on like Rob Naylor and Justin and Eamo.

You don't have to sub for one year. I'd recommend a one month sub just to see if you'd like it.

Coughlin is funny. He just can't grow a beard. He also isn't Irish enough for ya IIRC :pac:

Alan is very cool. Wish he posted here. He has great guests on like Rob Naylor and Justin and Eamo.

I just think, personally, that that website dictates peoples opinions on wrestling. Listening to somebody like Bryan, Dave, Vinny or whoever's opinions on something isnt worth that much money, imo. And Bryan especially hasnt that much of a clue what hes on about. They watch it from a buisness standpoint, going on about things being good for buisness and ratings all day. It isnt for people who just watch wrestling as fans, and dont really care too much if the Nexus angle is good or bad for buisness. Why should I, as a fan, care if something is good or bad for buisness? Thats just the way i sees it for meself anyway

I just think, personally, that that website dictates peoples opinions on wrestling. Listening to somebody like Bryan, Dave, Vinny or whoever's opinions on something isnt worth that much money, imo. And Bryan especially hasnt that much of a clue what hes on about. They watch it from a buisness standpoint, going on about things being good for buisness and ratings all day. It isnt for people who just watch wrestling as fans, and dont really care too much if the Nexus angle is good or bad for buisness. Why should I, as a fan, care if something is good or bad for buisness? Thats just the way i sees it for meself anyway
    That's the thing though. People take what Bryan and Dave say as fact. We call them Brybots. They can't forge their own thoughts so they take Meltzer's.

But Dave and Bryan rely on the business for work. If it's good they get more subscribers but when it's bad they lose interest and business.

That's the thing though. People take what Bryan and Dave say as fact. We call them Brybots. They can't forge their own thoughts so they take Meltzer's.

But Dave and Bryan rely on the business for work. If it's good they get more subscribers but when it's bad they lose interest and business.

But thats the thing again. Why would fans care if some lads called Bryan and Dave dont have work? I'm not having a go at ya by the by, I was just baffeled by the carry on of people on that site and cant really get how they get so much enjoyment out of it. Some people there care much more about numbers than the quality of wrestling thats on telly every week

Never had much interest in Meltzer. Never heard of this Coughin fella or the other lad ya mentioned, but I must check them up and might try the site out for a month sometime down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

My username is the same as it is here.

I use to get the hardcopy Observer for a while ages ago but I always got mine way late and it cost something stupid i think. Then I never bothered to sign up for the site since they merged cause most of the news in it was on other sites a couple of hours after it was published.

But now the new house that I'm moving into for college doesn't have cable as far as I know and I thought this would be a good way of keeping up with what's going on if I can't watch the show. Honestly, I just downloaded a random Bryan and Vinny show reviewing Impact and I'd much rather listen to that than actually watch most Impacts. The newsletters a really a bonus but I'd say it'd be cool to read some of the old Observers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement