Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

flahavaj wrote: »
    If you're into your puro there are soime good podcasts on there. The Bryan Alvarez and friends stuff is gas craic as well.

At the moment i fade in and out of puro (and ROH, DGUSA) etc because lately, although you get amazing wrestling, i'm not sucked in by the characters and company as a whole. I'd definitely blame some/a lot of that on not speaking Japanese, but i find DGUSA's promos to be horrendous, and most ROH promos to be boring (even though some guys can really cut a promo, i don't find it engaging). I love the stiff aspect of puro but there's only a few guys I'm really willing to see. That and it's kinda hard to get a hold of this stuff, i'm usually seeing it months late.

(Like i only watched Devitt's most recent accolades a few weeks ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Lads do any of ye know anything about printing dvd covers off the internet? I'm not sure if this is okay to ask or not, shur if its not the mods can edit it or whatever. But if any of ye do print those custom dvd covers (for example, covers for a year of raw or smackdown or whatever) will ya drop auld Gersie a pm. Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Apologies Ger my tips were a disaster today :(

Yarra I only had two snots on it anyways, no hassle

Anyone reckon Orton of late looks like a gooback?

sp_0806_01_v6.jpg?width=200

259833-15008670.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ger's Richie Kavanagh thread is great. A forgotten great that Richie bai!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Stolen from the soccer forum.

How many of ye have been this bad? I have.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ger's Richie Kavanagh thread is great. A forgotten great that Richie bai!

Worst invasion angle ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Plain ol' woof.

Woof

C'mon Kildare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

C'mon Kildare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Umpires support Down by the looks of it

Awful call that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

flahavaj wrote: »

Stolen from the soccer forum.

How many of ye have been this bad? I have.:pac:

*Tut's disapprovingly*

n329278678522_7282.jpg

Awful call that

Is it over at HT do ya think?

Kildare are known for their comebacks this year. I can see Dermot Early coming on and inspiring a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

dam this is tense

My god what an end to the game. Up Down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The ref knew he had to give that free or he was going to be lynched!

1224274518490_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I just watched the last kick of the match by Rob Kelly after being at the match. Jesus it was close.

I don't think Kildare had the rub of the green and on another day things might have been different.

In saying that Down did out play us and killed us in midfield.

Still very proud of the spirit the Kildare team played with.

I just watched the last kick of the match by Rob Kelly after being at the match. Jesus it was close.

I don't think Kildare had the rub of the green and on another day things might have been different.

On the same day, with different people waving the flags, things might have been different for ye too. Tis a shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

True, I thought it was a fantastic match really which renewed my love of sport after the depressing but sadly not that shocking revelations about the Pakistan cricket team. :(

If that free went in it would have been the greatest finish to a match of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Remi's a comic genius. Love his stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Some finish to the game today in Croker - best atmosphere I've seen at any match so far this Summer. In fairness I thought Down were the better side, won the most dirty ball and had the more clinical forwards on the day. For all the talk about the square ball for Coultyer's goal, the Kildare took way too many steps for his goal as well.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Remi's a comic genius. Love his stuff :)
    My favourite is the pac-man game in a shopping centre. He's been arrested something like 160 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Just revisited True Romance. Great film :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Although i havent been a member for 3 or so years.. The ressesion cant really justify paying for wrestling news tbh

Yeah me neither. I was looking for some decent and free forums and there are quite a few just swamped with ads and spas it seems.
    I may seem biased as im now a mod here but Ive never had to stray away from Boards PW for my wrestling needs and similar to how i view the soccer board (although there can be some gobsh*tes there) on here i believe you get a more balanced and decent opinion from posters here to any other sites ive seen about. Plus we have people here who go and dig out all the big news for us and even have our own podcast etc.

I think this is a good forum because it's not too overcrowded. A few searches around and you find wrestling forums with new posters every other day with two posts who then disappear. Lots of "noise" I suppose you'd say.
    should i split the threads?) due to two people arguing a point,

Eh sorry about that Dog. Mea culpa, creating a topic in the off-topic thread! :o Didn't think there'd be much discussion on a wrestling forum about wrestling forums.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The other problem i have is when Americans (I've only ever interacted with ONE brash, ignorant non-American who is still reasonable MOST of the time!!) refuse to accept facts. I'm not talking about (eg) John Cena not being a great technical wrestler, I'm talking about some punk refusing to believe that a man was ever Women's champion in WWE - despite linking to wikipedia (showing Harvey Whippleman) and a fcuking youtube video!!!! (His reply was 'no.').

It's the ratings thing I don't get. I love reading people's opinions on matches and stuff but there's threads out there with posts made up of merely asterisks! Iwas kinda into ratings as a general guide for films sort of a few years ago with Empire but throwing up ***** is no substitute for writing/typing an opinion and decent analysis of a match/film.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement