Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Wow! 1-0 one minute into the game?!
    Trapatoni must have lit a fire under the teams arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61792097556&ref=nf

Everyone join that group, then get all your mates to join.

Bring back Gaybo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I won't join that group just because you advertised it. HAHAHAHA take that society :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I won't join that group just because you advertised it. HAHAHAHA take that society :pac:

You rebel! :D

Gay Byrne is still alive? Surely it would take him the two hours alone to get into his orthopedic tuxedo (thanks King!) these days?

• Advertisement

OH KILBANE YOU F*CKING DONKEY YOU!
    1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Jesus that is one ****e team.

Man we're playing like crap :mad:

Probably because we have 7 crap players out there.

They're not the worst team we had, but the tactics were horrible.
    For the entire time we had the 1-0 lead, we played safe in midfield instead of trying to secure the lead, and it happens too many times in ROI games

But as MNG has said, you can't spell failure without FAI.

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    They're not the worst team we had, but the tactics were horrible.
    For the entire time we had the 1-0 lead, we played safe in midfield instead of trying to secure the lead, and it happens too many times in ROI games

But as MNG has said, you can't spell failure without FAI.

They're not the worst team we've had, but they're far from the best. I don't support them at all, because I see that as supporting the FAI etc. And even if they won the world cup I wouldn't be out on the bandwagon. :) Obviously it's a matter of opinion but the players we have aren't good enough for pretty, attacking football, but they're also not composed enough to be suitable for the regimented style of play that some teams without a load of world-class players can be moulded into playing successfully.

amacachi wrote: »
    They're not the worst team we've had, but they're far from the best. I don't support them at all, because I see that as supporting the FAI etc. And even if they won the world cup I wouldn't be out on the bandwagon. :) Obviously it's a matter of opinion but the players we have aren't good enough for pretty, attacking football, but they're also not composed enough to be suitable for the regimented style of play that some teams without a load of world-class players can be moulded into playing successfully.

Another key factor is morale too, with our revolving door of managers in the last six to seven years alone. Morale has been in the toilet. I think the players do have it in them to be a good team, but they have zero direction, and it's showing.
    We can get the lead, but we can't hold onto it.

Another key factor is morale too, with our revolving door of managers in the last six to seven years alone. Morale has been in the toilet. I think the players do have it in them to be a good team, but they have zero direction, and it's showing.
    We can get the lead, but we can't hold onto it.

I'm not trying to be obtuse but I thought I remembered reports of high morale when Trap came in.

Personally I think we're missin 3-5 really good players to be comfortably be expecting to qualify for each major tournament. But hey, that's just me. :) Like I said, I'm not too worried because I won't be going to see them or supporting them anytime soon :P

We've got the best central midfielder in the premiership this season sitting at home even after expressing he now wants to play for the team.

Absolutely daft when we're clearly lacking any kind of creativity in the midfield.

We've got the best central midfielder in the premiership this season sitting at home even after expressing he now wants to play for the team.

Absolutely daft when we're clearly lacking any kind of creativity in the midfield.

I wouldn't go that far, but it is a joke that he's not in the team.

I wouldn't go that far, but it is a joke that he's not in the team.

Selective bolding FTW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Dammit it's 2 now, daylight savings sucks.

Dammit it's 2 now, daylight savings sucks.

One hours less drinking time. orestes will not be happy! :D

One hours less drinking time. orestes will not be happy! :D

WHAT?! One hours less drinking time?! Oh you ****ing **** I should ************ and ******* your pet cat and ********** *** ********* with a football pump while ****** ******** from behind with ****** ************* ***** until the handle falls off! :mad::mad::mad:

Selective bolding FTW :pac:

I could be a Mod! :P

Is the time we're in now called BST or did the Irish government decide at some point to keep all the characteristics but name it something different because it has "British" in it?

Anyone staying up for the formula 1? :D

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    WHAT?! One hours less drinking time?! Oh you ****ing **** I should ************ and ******* your pet cat and ********** *** ********* with a football pump while ****** ******** from behind with ****** ************* ***** until the handle falls off! :mad::mad::mad:

Banned for non constructive post and abusive language? ;)

o_O

It's not really one less hour's drinking time, just drink as much as you usally do but sleep one hour less.

Calm down dear! :pac:

And I could be WWE champion, guess what they both have in common... neither are gonna happen anytime soon! :P
    Is the time we're in now called BST or did the Irish government decide at some point to keep all the characteristics but name it something different because it has "British" in it?

It was always called British Summer Time for as long as i remember it, and i first heard it being mentioned in 1988.

It's not really one less hour's drinking time, just drink as much as you usally do but sleep one hour less.

Calm down dear! :pac:

Are you coming on to me?

Are you coming on to me?

Nah, I just think Michael Winner is a great human being :pac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39f_vkViOpI

And I could be WWE champion, guess what they both have in common... neither are gonna happen anytime soon! :P

Won't you just let me dream!? :(
    It was always called British Summer Time for as long as i remember it, and i first heard it being mentioned in 1988.

I'd usually call it British Summer Time meself, don't remember seeing or hearing "official" references to it as such on RTÉ though. I could be wrong. Just reminded meself of some politicians' recent attempts at getting everyone to refer to them as the "Northwest European Archipelago" or some other such nonsense. :P

Won't you just let me dream!? :(

Much as i would love to, i have a reputation of picking on people from Louth to uphold. It's not just on boards either, my best mate moved to Drogheda a few years ago and i've never let him live it down since. ;)

I never considered myself an asshole before that really, but i'm not a bitter man ;)

Much as i would love to, i have a reputation of picking on people from Louth to uphold. It's not just on boards either, my best mate moved to Drogheda a few years ago and i've never let him live it down since. ;)

I never considered myself an asshole before that really, but i'm not a bitter man ;)

Pfft, Drogheda, sure that's just a sleepy suburb of Dublin these days.

Just a hint though, if you ever walk into a pub in Dundalk, be careful of accents, it won't too long before some hardman says "I'm from South Armagh!" It's one of my favorite things about going out, it's like they think that driving a lorry full of smuggled diesel makes ya a hardman :P

• Advertisement

Pfft, Drogheda, sure that's just a sleepy suburb of Dublin these days.

Not as much as it was. A lot of Dubs moved up there about five years ago when the house prices were lower, and moved out about a year ago before the arse fell out of the housing bubble. ;)
    Just a hint though, if you ever walk into a pub in Dundalk, be careful of accents, it won't too long before some hardman says "I'm from South Armagh!" It's one of my favorite things about going out, it's like they think that driving a lorry full of smuggled diesel makes ya a hardman :P

Lol Dublin has that too, ask orestes. He has his own line for nights out

Unknown tourist: "I fought in the last war, you pay some respect to me!"
    orestes: "I'm from Kimmage!"
    Unknown tourist (sounding somewhat worried): "Really???!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement