Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Anyone at Electric Picnic?

Leftfield were the bee's knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The match should be in Limerick really. If I take out Bonner Maher before the match we should be OK.

Anyone going? Might head down for a look, it'll be the last fix of intercounty hutling I'll get till the winter. I miss it already.

I watched the final again there earlier, f*cking hell what a match. He most physically intense game of hurling I've ever seen. Unreal. Tipp were demented with hunger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I'm only in the door now. Went to town on it altogether. What in the name of god am I after missing on the forum lads?

UP THE PREMIER!!!!!

Please Please read the Sunday World thread, you get a namedrop, its ****ing epic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

flahavaj wrote: »
    Anyone going? Might head down for a look, it'll be the last fix of intercounty hutling I'll get till the winter. I miss it already.

I watched the final again there earlier, f*cking hell what a match. He most physically intense game of hurling I've ever seen. Unreal. Tipp were demented with hunger.
    I'm going down because my cousin is the sub keeper for Galway. Have friends going though so I won't be able for any meet-ups :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Please Please read the Sunday World thread, you get a namedrop, its ****ing epic. :)

Jesus christ, what in the name of god went down there? Was yourman takin the piss or what? Twas a nice little touch to mention me. Tipp men are in peoples hearts all over the country this week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jesus christ, what in the name of god went down there? Was yourman takin the piss or what? Twas a nice little touch to mention me. Tipp men are in peoples hearts all over the country this week :)

He claims he got hacked but I seriously have my doubts. Actually, there's a good couple of Tipp flags around Cork atm.

He claims he got hacked but I seriously have my doubts. Actually, there's a good couple of Tipp flags around Cork atm.

I was in Cork the last two nites, graduated from college on monday so that only added to the celebrations the last few days. I made sure the whole pub knew who won on Sunday anyway :pac:

I was in Cork the last two nites, graduated from college on monday so that only added to the celebrations the last few days. I made sure the whole pub knew who won on Sunday anyway :pac:

Congrats to ya *raises Pepsi in the air*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jays a Tipp man graduating. That's a shock :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

No, have loads of stuff to do Saturday so will have to miss the match. We still have a chance of two All-Irelands, the U21's on Saturday and the women are in action Sunday. UP GALWAY :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Seen a few around Louth/north Dublin too.

I was backing tipp going into the game and went out to look for a jersey. Not many but they were about 30 euro.
    Checked today, 45!

Son of a...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2585154.aspx

...wtf!

Never saw that coming in a million years, i know theres a few prog fans on here, what yis reckon? Has he been corrupted by a7x!?

hic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

...wtf!

Never saw that coming in a million years, i know theres a few prog fans on here, what yis reckon? Has he been corrupted by a7x!?

Jaysus, that's a shocker. How the hell will they replace him? I'd imagine it'd take longer than the break Mike wanted to find someone that could fill his shoes unless someone is already lined up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This is England 86 starting now in C4 lads. The film was savage.
    Its on 4OD now there. Definitely worth a look, some very funny bits, mixed in with the serious.

Watched the first part last night and basically nothing happened? Why is everybody raving about it as some masterpiece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

...wtf!

Jesus man, im in fu*king shock... Dream Theater are my favourite band, This is a situation i never saw coming, Dream Theater are going 26 years and in the last few years have been getting seriously popular and more successful, and considering how each member is as important as the other, i dont know how they could carry on without Portnoy, and NO Dream Theater fan would accept another drummer bar maybe Neil Peart(Rush) or Gavin Harrison(Porcupine Tree) and thats even impossible.. Shocked f*ck Avenged Sevenfold is all i can say:o:o

Any American Football fans on this board? New season starts tonight. Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    Any American Football fans on this board? New season starts tonight. Cant wait.

Not a huge fan but over the past few years I've been getting more into it. Channel 4 getting a Sunday night game is awesome news though.

Yeah games shared between Sky Sports, Channel 4 and ESPN.

As a Broncos fan it could be long season. Dont think we can improve apon our 8-8 record this season. If we ended 8-8 again I'd be happy. No Marshell and no proven QB. Hopfully we can get a few wins together before the Wembly game.

Kerwick you legend. Some craic

• Advertisement

Jesus man, im in fu*king shock... Dream Theater are my favourite band, This is a situation i never saw coming, Dream Theater are going 26 years and in the last few years have been getting seriously popular and more successful, and considering how each member is as important as the other, i dont know how they could carry on without Portnoy, and NO Dream Theater fan would accept another drummer bar maybe Neil Peart(Rush) or Gavin Harrison(Porcupine Tree) and thats even impossible.. Shocked f*ck Avenged Sevenfold is all i can say:o:o

Yeah, its pretty huge news alright. I assume they will be carrying on, like the reason Portnoy left is becuase he wanted a break, but the others wanted to continue.. Yeah, they are big boots to fill. Theres a few who could, but as you say, acceptance from the fan base will be a massive factor. Danny Carey isnt doing much!:P

Kerwick you legend. Some craic

I love that song

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    Yeah games shared between Sky Sports, Channel 4 and ESPN.

NO WAY! :eek::eek:

Thats the greatest news ive heard since i lost my sky!

CMpunked wrote: »
    NO WAY! :eek::eek:

Thats the greatest news ive heard since i lost my sky!

Channel 4 have the midnight game on Sunday, ESPN have Monday night Football while Sky have the rest

Every week?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Every week?

Up until the playoffs, then Sky have the playoff games live with the BBC having highlights. Then Sky and BBC will show the Super Bowl.

TG4 lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ugh. Would have liked to see that from the start.

What's on lads?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Ugh. Would have liked to see that from the start.

They show it once a week at least! Great stuff. If you take this year into account they've played 11 times since 2002 with just three points separating the teams on aggregate in that time. I distinctly remember at least two unbelieveable league matches the last few years as well. A magical rivalry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement