Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What's on lads?

A doc on the Waterford/Cork hurling rivalry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

chillin' listening to the new Disturbed album. Real return to their roots after the disappointment of the last album.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

flahavaj wrote: »
    A doc on the Waterford/Cork hurling rivalry.

Ah Crap, I missed it:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Ah Crap, I missed it:(:(

Doubt you missed much tbh.. Unless it featured Galway:pac:

UP THE CANNING COALITION!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Off to Dragongate tmr lads. Woohoo. Having a beer now to prepare.

Had a kickboxing class earlier. Had my instructor giving some good proper hooks to my ribs. I is gonna be sore tmr. Which is another reason why I am having a beer.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »

Had a kickboxing class earlier. Had my instructor giving some good proper hooks to my ribs. I is gonna be sore tmr. Which is another reason why I am having a beer.

Enjoy it:) Hopefully, you'll get away from the sh**ty weather we're having now.

BTW, have 1 on me (a 7-Up that is;))

Diet 7 up only for me. Too much sugar in regular.

Oddly I do not like diet Sprite, but I think alot of that is down to the bottle looks manky. Take that to a marketing class :o

Enjoy DragonGate. Tell Genki Horiguchi the Flah sys well bai. He's fierce sound.

Whats the line up anyway? No Young Bucks this time I presume?

Doubt you missed much tbh.. Unless it featured Galway:pac:

UP THE CANNING COALITION!!!!!

They featured intermittently doing their usual gimmick of the last 20 years - failing in Croker. Or should I call it Choker in their case.:pac:

Oddly I do not like diet Sprite, but I think alot of that is down to the bottle looks manky. Take that to a marketing class :o

Fine, make it diet then. I always think that 7Up > Sprite but nothing compares to a Tanora or a Lilt (so much sugar though)

• Advertisement

Enjoy DragonGate. Tell Genki Horiguchi the Flah sys well bai. He's fierce sound.

Whats the line up anyway? No Young Bucks this time I presume?

Genki is not on the card.

Apparently the big match of the weekend is Mochisuki Vs Susumu Yokosuka.

The latter faces Shingo also.

Genki is not on the card.

Apparently the big match of the weekend is Mochisuki Vs Susumu Yokosuka.

The latter faces Shingo also.

Susumu VS Shingo last time was unbelieveable. JTwo guys just beating the ever living sh*t outa each other. I bet Susumu will be the star of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sprite is very boring really. I dunno why but back in the day an urban myth was that 7-up was a good cure if you got sick. :pac:

I'm not going to lie, when I found out it wasn't I was gutted.:mad:

Anyways coke is the bestest soft drink just for the pop of opening a can. :)

Enjoy the trip BTW.

Gimmick you should ask some of the lads if they wanna be on the podcast:pac:

Imagine the drunken gimmick marching up to some Japanese fellas in my brash drunken Cork accent asking them about Internetz.

Consider it done.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Sprite is very boring really. I dunno why but back in the day an urban myth was that 7-up was a good cure if you got sick. :pac:

I'm not going to lie, when I found out it wasn't I was gutted.:mad:

Anyways coke is the bestest soft drink just for the pop of opening a can. :)

Enjoy the trip BTW.

We always got Lucozade when we were sick for some reaso. Even more bizarre were the little pimples on the bottle and the funny crinkly orange paper on the outside. God be with the days.

lucozade.jpg

Imagine the drunken gimmick marching up to some Japanese fellas in my brash drunken Cork accent asking them about Internetz.

Consider it done.

Imagine a tipsy Waterford Flah asking Takeshi Morishima would be play fullback for the hurlers in the Summer and telling him he was a fine lump of a man. He was bothe delighted and very confused the poor fella.

Consider it done.

Tell the lads we'll do the whole podcast in a Japanese commentary style... Annnnaaaaallll Borrrnnnnnnnnneeeaaaa sooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnn..

Pure Irish thing. Luco with grapes. Screw that, I want a yoke.

Diet 7up is great for a hangover btw.

Pure Irish thing. Luco with grapes. Screw that, I want a yoke.

Diet 7up is great for a hangover btw.
    Irn Bru out of a can can't be beatean for hangover cures. The Scots are wise.

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Irn Bru out of a can can't be beatean for hangover cures. The Scots are wise.

It never ceases to amaze me how popular Irn Bru is in Scotland but only in Scotland. What do they see in it that the rest of the world doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It never ceases to amaze me how popular Irn Bru is in Scotland but only in Scotland. What do they see in it that the rest of the world doesn't?

I guess it's like Tanora in Cork, how that drink isn't a world wide hit is beyond me!

It's actually nice I think. Lads, any of you like Polos? I've a pack here for sale. Mint condition.

I guess it's like Tanora in Cork, how that drink isn't a world wide hit is beyond me!

Judging by your username you're quite the fan of niche fizzy beverages.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Judging by your username you're quite the fan of niche fizzy beverages.:pac:

Haha, I've never actually tried cherry cola, just took the name from an Eagles of Death Metal song! Just after a tanora there now though, mighty stuff :D

Never heard of Tanora but I do remember being in the Gaeltacht in Donegal and people fussing about their version of Coke, can't remember what it was called but it was something ridiculous.

Just finished watching the sixth season of Deadliest Catch there. Honestly was heartbreaking stuff to watch:(

R.I.P Captain Phil Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Flah whenever i see your name I hear Alan Partridge asking Dan "fancy a flav?"

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Flah whenever i see your name I hear Alan Partridge asking Dan "fancy a flav?"

A-HA!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

A-HA!:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement