Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The South Armagh lads are the best though, they're all too young to have ever actually done anything, and those who did ever do anything are afraid to come near the town :P

I find the best thing to do is make up a name. Unfortunately I almost got six shades of ****e knocked out of me when it turned out I must have remembered rather than made up a name I used :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Lol Dublin has that too, ask orestes. He has his own line for nights out

Unknown tourist: "I fought in the last war, you pay some respect to me!"
    orestes: "I'm from Kimmage!"
    Unknown tourist (sounding somewhat worried): "Really???!!

I tend to find a nice firm "go away or I will disconnect your right shoulder" tends to do the trick in extreme cases, the specifity of it tends to unnerve them for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    The South Armagh lads are the best though, they're all too young to have ever actually done anything, and those who did ever do anything are afraid to come near the town :P

Aye, the Dundalk Deportation Authority send em right back up to Armagh. Was in Armagh once for a day with my job at the time. Scary place. Smack bang in the middle of Armagh village, place is like a ghost town at 5pm! Cars with shotguns in the passenger seat.

Made Dublin look like a safe haven!
    I find the best thing to do is make up a name. Unfortunately I almost got six shades of ****e knocked out of me when it turned out I must have remembered rather than made up a name I used :P

I remember one time, in a part of Dublin which i will keep nameless. But i was wandering around looking for a mate of mine at the time, and this ****in Hiace van pulls up with six pikeys approaching me. I f*cking bricked it, especially as i was only 15 at the time. Then once i corrected em that it wasn't me they were looking for, it was another guy that hung out with us, and that i hadn't seen him in weeks, they thanked me and f*cked off.

Nice guys in the end, of course I say that after avoiding a major flogging!

Aye, the Dundalk Deportation Authority send em right back up to Armagh. Was in Armagh once for a day with my job at the time. Scary place. Smack bang in the middle of Armagh village, place is like a ghost town at 5pm! Cars with shotguns in the passenger seat.

Made Dublin look like a safe haven!
    Guessing that's sarcasm? :P It wasn't Armagh "city" itself you were in? It's not too bad generally. Basically the area between the roads out to castleblayney and forkhill were always scary, really not a place to walk around. My mate lives out along there and has decided not to go near the local pubs after recent events in Antrim and Craigavon.

I remember one time, in a part of Dublin which i will keep nameless. But i was wandering around looking for a mate of mine at the time, and this ****in Hiace van pulls up with six pikeys approaching me. I f*cking bricked it, especially as i was only 15 at the time. Then once i corrected em that it wasn't me they were looking for, it was another guy that hung out with us, and that i hadn't seen him in weeks, they thanked me and f*cked off.

Nice guys in the end, of course I say that after avoiding a major flogging!

Heh, ya can't beat the Hiace :P The worst thing about the boom was the lads getting nice cars, ya could tell who was a knacker or who just had bad taste til they rolled down their tinted windows :P
    Unfortunately around here ya don't get a chance to state your name :(

Guessing that's sarcasm? :P It wasn't Armagh "city" itself you were in? It's not too bad generally. Basically the area between the roads out to castleblayney and forkhill were always scary, really not a place to walk around. My mate lives out along there and has decided not to go near the local pubs after recent events in Antrim and Craigavon.

It may have been the city, but it looked like a village. I remember literally crapping myself sitting at the train station hoping the f*ck a train would hurry it up. I'm just not used to places being *THAT* quiet!!
    Heh, ya can't beat the Hiace :P The worst thing about the boom was the lads getting nice cars, ya could tell who was a knacker or who just had bad taste til they rolled down their tinted windows :P
    Unfortunately around here ya don't get a chance to state your name :(

Well this was back in 1991, m'man. It's that way here too now. The amount of drive bys have increased dramatically across the country since then. South Central LA has nothing on Ireland now!!

• Advertisement

It may have been the city, but it looked like a village. I remember literally crapping myself sitting at the train station hoping the f*ck a train would hurry it up. I'm just not used to places being *THAT* quiet!!
    Could well have been the city, its feckin tiny.
    Well this was back in 1991, m'man. It's that way here too now. The amount of drive bys have increased dramatically across the country since then. South Central LA has nothing on Ireland now!!

Not to talk things up too much, but the murder rate in Louth/Meath was the highest in the country when the last figures were released, and the amount of vicious non-fatal assaults in Dundalk is ridiculous. The numbers might not match Dublin but for a town of 30-40,000 it's gettin ridiculous. This town has just exploded the last few years, used to be a few knee-cappings a year to keep order, now that the scum are left to sort things out between themselves it's carnage. :(

Still, I suppose most of the time it's not too bad. There's a chance of a random assault at any point just about anywhere, but sure it's the same everywhere, which makes it ok:pac:

Not to talk things up too much, but the murder rate in Louth/Meath was the highest in the country when the last figures were released, and the amount of vicious non-fatal assaults in Dundalk is ridiculous. The numbers might not match Dublin but for a town of 30-40,000 it's gettin ridiculous. This town has just exploded the last few years, used to be a few knee-cappings a year to keep order, now that the scum are left to sort things out between themselves it's carnage. :(

Thats why i said the country. It's gone up in nearly every part!
    Still, I suppose most of the time it's not too bad. There's a chance of a random assault at any point just about anywhere, but sure it's the same everywhere, which makes it ok:pac:

Yeah, at least we can still manage to keep the guns out of the schools... for now.

Thats why i said the country. It's gone up in nearly every part!
    Aye, but there used to be a presence here really keeping things under control, so drugs related violence was lower than the rest of the country for ages, it's now caught up and the rate it's happened at is just scary.
    Yeah, at least we can still manage to keep the guns out of the schools... for now.

I can tell you that you're wrong :(

Aye, but there used to be a presence here really keeping things under control, so drugs related violence was lower than the rest of the country for ages, it's now caught up and the rate it's happened at is just scary.

I can tell you that you're wrong :(

Aye, we've turned into everything that we can't stand in every other country.
    Ironic, huh?

Aye, we've turned into everything that we can't stand in every other country.
    Ironic, huh?

Nah there's still nice areas with loads of sheep and a lack of gates to keep them off the road. Mostly for impressing american tourists as they drive rental cars around :P

• Advertisement

Nah there's still nice areas with loads of sheep and a lack of gates to keep them off the road. Mostly for impressing american tourists as they drive rental cars around :P

Crookstown, Co. Cork springs to mind! :D

Crookstown, Co. Cork springs to mind! :D

Have to admit a few years ago I went with my uncle's family from Dundalk to Sligo and then Achill Island. On the way there were no sheep on the road til we reached the "Welcome to Co. Mayo" sign :P

You can say **** all about sheep though, living in Wales and all

Have to admit a few years ago I went with my uncle's family from Dundalk to Sligo and then Achill Island. On the way there were no sheep on the road til we reached the "Welcome to Co. Mayo" sign :P

You can say **** all about sheep though, living in Wales and all

Only I don't live in Wales.
    Congratulations, you are chalk mark #51 on the board of people who didn't get the joke. :)

Only I don't live in Wales.
    Congratulations, you are chalk mark #51 on the board of people who didn't get the joke. :)

Damn. :( Explain it to me, I hate jokes/cultural references I don't get and can't check on wikipedia :P

Damn. :( Explain it to me, I hate jokes/cultural references I don't get and can't check on wikipedia :P

My last location setting was Torchwood Instutute III, Cardiff, Wales, UK.

Basically, although not a big fan of Doctor Who, i am a fan of it's spinoff, Torchwood. :) I put that in there and people automatically assumed i lived in Wales!

My last location setting was Torchwood Instutute III, Cardiff, Wales, UK.

Basically, although not a big fan of Doctor Who, i am a fan of it's spinoff, Torchwood. :) I put that in there and people automatically assumed i lived in Wales!

I knew what Torchwood was, I didn't realise it was set in Wales, just assumed that you had set up a fanclub while you were in Wales :P

*hic*

orestes wrote: »
    *hic*

You and your drink, I haven't even got some soda water to mix my Black Label Jim Beem with :(

You and your drink, I haven't even got some soda water to mix my Black Label Jim Beem with :(

That's a good thing, drink your spirirts neat and savour them, particularly if it's whiskey

Also, anyone who puts ice in scotch should be shot

orestes wrote: »
    That's a good thing, drink your spirirts neat and savour them, particularly if it's whiskey

Also, anyone who puts ice in scotch should be shot

TBH I'd prefer some cans, weak beer, so I can drink loads and fill my belly :P

True about the ice, I do love it with soda water though, just enough to leave the taste and add the fizz to the taste. :P

• Advertisement

TBH I'd prefer some cans, weak beer, so I can drink loads and fill my belly :P

True about the ice, I do love it with soda water though, just enough to leave the taste and add the fizz to the taste. :P

Oh dear........

What did I say out of place now? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What did I say out of place now? :P

You put ice in your whiskey and shame on you.:pac:

I meant I like Whiskey with soda water :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Does anybody know how to turn of the noise on msn when you get a message?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

My Chemical Romance fans are disgraceful :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

MENU-TOOLS-OPTIONS-SOUNDS-You then get a list of what events msn plays sounds for new email,message etc , Simply select the dont play a sound option after you click the drop down arrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Anyone watch Celebrity Banisteoir? Tonights episode was good, pity poor auld Ray lost. Andrea Roche is up next week with Rockwell Rovers, G'wan Tipp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I keep wondering to myself if its fixed or not. I hope Katherine Lynch dies in a horrific accident during filming though so I will still watch it

• Advertisement

Anyone that supports RTE by watching their dirt programs need to be taken out and shot... sorry, But for anyone that has to fork out the increasing licence fees for crap TV will share my pain on this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement