Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

flahavaj wrote: »

Voltwad I want you to watch this video and then tell me the GAA is ****. I'm an emotional mess watching it. He's irreplaceable.:(
    If you want me to I can disclose with you the reasons I have contempt for the GAA. A loveable old commentator's sob story won't change anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Voltwad wrote: »
    The country would look a weird shape :pac:

It would look a funny shape but it'd be in far better shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Speaking of Mr. Ó Muircheartaigh, he was the guest speaker at the locals dinner dance/presentation thing that I didn't attend. He asked them how long they wanted him to speak for and they told him however long he wanted assuming that he'd do it within 20 minutes at most.

90 minutes later he was still going. He said everything in Irish first (which no one really understood) and then again in English. Great Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Do any of ye have Micheál's book that came out a few years ago? Some stories in it. You cant help but read it and hear his voice narrating it in your head.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Do any of ye have Micheál's book that came out a few years ago? Some stories in it. You cant help but read it and hear his voice narrating it in your head.

I got mine signed by him in Eason's. He said I was a "fear mor." Up there with meeting Kobashi as one of the great moments in my life.

How do you put a fada on a letter on the keyboard, I feel dirty not spelling his name right?

• Advertisement

ctrl + Alt Gr + a/e/i/o/u

I got mine signed by him in Eason's. He said I was a "fear mor." Up there with meeting Kobashi as one of the great moments in my life.

How do you put a fada on a letter on the keyboard, I feel dirty not spelling his name right?

Haha some man in fairness to him! ctrl, alt and the letter then bai. Now the flah knows!

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Haha some man in fairness to him! ctrl, alt and the letter then bai. Now the flah knows!

Go raigh míle maith agat a chara.

ta failte roimh, a flah

Fuair mé ann roimh é! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Louth are worse hellholes to be honest

Ok... What happened, :P

CMpunked wrote: »
    Ok... What happened, :P
    Bad experiences up in Dundalk. Both accents go through my head and I hate the whole 'We should be the capital' thing by the langers. To name but a few reasons.

Bad experiences up in Dundalk.

You know to expect trouble when a club called Silence is affectionately called Violence by some locals that I know.

That tit Lorcan of My Super Sweet 16 UK is from Louth too if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah dundalk wrecks my head. I'm not against the north or anything at all like that, but it has an 'adopted northern' feel about it. And the accents messed up.
    But don't let that make an assumption for the whole place, my own droghedas not such a bad place. :)

Corks a bit mental alright. People are nuts!
    But just like nuts, some good, some bad.

chordtype wrote: »
    That tit Lorcan of My Super Sweet 16 UK is from Louth too if I'm not mistaken.

He sure is, the git.

The stories that came out from that is priceless.

Like one where when he came out in front of the shopping center, no one wanted to be there when he announced his party so they had to hire a load of actors to bulk up the crowd.

Yeah dundalk wrecks my head. I'm not against the north or anything at all like that, but it has an 'adopted northern' feel about it. And the accents messed up.
    But don't let that make an assumption for the whole place, my own droghedas not such a bad place. :)

I'm from Donegal and from close enough to the border that my accent is even more odd than anybody I know from Dundalk.

My favourite story about that party is the scene where he pulls up to the club. Apparently there were loads of people who just turned up to cause a scene when he arrived so they had to have him arrive 3 or 4 separate times and then edit it together so you couldn't see the people throwing stuff and shouting abuse at him.

Yep.
    He went around Dundalk pointing at people saying "don't even ask, I'm not inviting you to my party." etc.

Such a tit.

That's the dork.

If anybody knows where to find the rest of this please post it. He got it taken down from the MTV site cause of the abuse he was getting.

I can't see it, stupid phone.

• Advertisement

I can't see it, stupid phone.

Guy with terrible haircut, poor fashion sense, ideas way above his head, who is just downright disrespectful to his parents (who are fools for giving into him) decides he's gonna throw a party.

Cascada play at the party. This should tell you everything that you need to know.

Absolute highlight for me was right at the start where he lifts up a hoody and states 'You can't get this in Ireland. You either have to order it off the internet or just go to America.' I like how he thinks buying off the internet is some sort of exclusive thing.

In Dundalk it can be.

Oooooh!! Yeahhhh! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

chordtype wrote: »
    My favourite story about that party is the scene where he pulls up to the club. Apparently there were loads of people who just turned up to cause a scene when he arrived

mate of mine and fellow boardsie galvasean was there (he went to college up there) he walked up to a few people told them rihanna was playing and left....everyone ran to the camera stating they just heard rihanna was gonna be there, que pandemonium and dissapointment when it was cascada! :pac:

dundalk....the oc of ireland........lets see, the OC in america is known for sun, sand, sea, and beautiful people..........Dundalk is known for....... Incest and Steve Staunton, in that order!!!

:

dundalk....the oc of ireland........lets see, the OC in america is known for sun, sand, sea, and beautiful people..........Dundalk is known for....... Incest and Steve Staunton, in that order!!!

Jim Corr. Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Steve Staunton is a hero of mine. Not after his average playing career but his amazing press conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

That's funny. To me (and most likely the general public) Drogheda has a traffic ridden, knackery, stabby, lots of teenage mothers with prams, grey, depressing kinda feel to it. Or maybe that's just me. :p

And you Drawwwda lot can hardly talk about accents. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

That Sweet 16 yoke is about the worst thing MTV have ever made. I don't get why normal people would get any enjoyment of watching it. Full of twats.

That's funny. To me (and most likely the general public) Drogheda has a traffic ridden, knackery, stabby, lots of teenage mothers with prams, grey, depressing kinda feel to it. Or maybe that's just me. :p

And you Drawwwda lot can hardly talk about accents. :rolleyes:

The way the country is at the moment can you say that there is anywhere that isn't like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

The way the country is at the moment can you say that there is anywhere that isn't like that?

Oh this way of life in drawwwda stretches back far further than the last few years. The only major change from back in the good oul' days is how bad Drogheda united have become. ;)

• Advertisement

Oh this way of life in drawwwda stretches back far further than the last few years. The only major change from back in the good oul' days is how bad Drogheda united have become. ;)

have they?
    I honestly couldnt care less about local football

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement