Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What!? Rickys so funny! Such a prick, but he's hilarious.

As a writer as well, wow. The office, extras and his stand up are all great in my opinion. Deserves all the success he gets to be honest!

I recommend downloading the "guides to.." series. They are great!
    Is it like the youtube link above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Is it like the youtube link above?

Sort of. Karl does most of the talking in the majority of the podcasts and tells these awesome stories, like the time he kicked his own height.
    All the podcasts basically involves Ricky and Steve asking Karl for his opinions of certain topics. The Guide to Series is just a more aimed towards a single general topic like medicine or history etc. While I enjoy the Guide to series I think they reach their absolute peak around Series 4 - The Podfather Trilogy. Honestly though nearly every episode has it's charms and all of them will make you laugh lots, even if you are not a fan of Gervais.

Any one here use to listen to the old Russell Brand radio shows with hero among men Matt Morgan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

David Brent = Genius creation.

Ricky Gervais = Smarmy, unlikeable, loathsome little c*nt.

I listened to one of the podcasts yesterday. Ricky Gervais just comes across as a gigantic ****. He ruins any kind of funny joke by over-laughing at the joke in a really annoying way.

Karl was good. He had some funny comments but he seems like a gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ah..I can't be moved on it. I suppose you either love him or hate him. Its weird, like, I love Rickys laugh, I think that adds to the whole thing!

Yeah, alot of people have said they think he's a gimmick, but I have all the material. Back when they were on the radio, and it was just gervais and merchant, and Karl would just chime in every so often, he was exactly the same then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Diabhal, check out the Ricky gervais show on YouTube, it's the podcasts with animation but it's done extraordinarily well.
    I think I heard somewhere that Seth McFarlane and Matt greoning thought it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

What's the difference between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Brian Cowen?

Ronnie doesn't hang around for seven extra points. :pac:

Doesn't work if you read it.

Pint, point

Epic-Fail-iTunes-EPIC-FAIL.html%26replies%3D8&t=1&usg=AFrqEzeb1v68IbazlKWgugenr-_hlciAsA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

flahavaj wrote: »
    David Brent = Genius creation.

True, The Office is superb and I will always love it, but wow Gervais is terrible apart from that. The stand up is very mediocre and those radio shows are basically him calling Karl a retard non stop, its unpleasant to listen to really. Extras was very poor stuff and its tragic when you consider that masterpieces like 15 Storey's High are undervalued compared to that horribly smug show. His Simpson's episode was poor, but heh that's been in the comfort zone for so long. :mad:

• Advertisement

What's Brian cowen and this ^^^ got in common?

They're both shït jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ha. Tottenham LOLspur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Post of the day. I hate Ricky Gervais. Never found him funny especially his stand up. The Simpsons episode he did is up there with the worst episodes ever.

The only comedian I hate more than him is Russell Brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

gimmick wrote: »
    Ha. Tottenham LOLspur.

Wenger called Redknapp's bluff by picking a strong team, no complaints from me though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

To..um...Arthur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

To Diageo..

To Straight Edge!!!! sXe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Straight_edge_poster_by_tizar.jpg

• Advertisement

It's 17.59 so to CM Punk and to all members of the Straight Edge Society:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

What exactly is the meaning or purpose of straight edge? Is it just to solely become a better person? I read a basic article about it on Wikipedia, but it just goes into the history and progression, but not what it actually means to be straight edge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its like about a group who share values of not poisening themselves
    Straight Edge by Minor Threat, 1981 [3] I'm a person just like you But I've got better things to do Than sit around and **** my head Hang out with the living dead Snort white **** up my nose Pass out at the shows I don't even think about speed That's something I just don't need I've got the straight edge I'm a person just like you But I've got better things to do Than sit around and smoke dope 'Cause I know I can cope Laugh at the thought of eating ludes Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue Always gonna keep in touch Never want to use a crutch I've got the straight edge

Lol facebook is down.
    I was going to update my status informing everyone but realised I couldn't. :rolleyes:
    Could be good, get some kids out to play and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damn you Facebook, it's stopping me from updating The Boston Crabs Facebook to promote this weeks podcast!

To Flah-rthur!!!!

I'm locked. Nite

I'm locked. Nite

Ah stay up and be drunk on the board for a while. Tell us a story about junior football in Galway.

Hey diabhal, you should set up an impromptu podcast session now :P

• Advertisement

Ah stay up and be drunk on the board for a while. Tell us a story about junior football in Galway.
    Right let me tell you a tale. BTW we played Corofin in football (my fault) in the senior. We got bayten by 2 points.

Here's a tale. I played against people like Michael Meehan and Sean Armstrong. I can honestly say I kept Armstrong scoreless for a whole match.

Meehan is unstoppable (unless he's injured).

Hurling I'm fairly average at sadly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement