Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Alex Ried is fighting for ufc now?
    Mma is good even for an irregular viewer because you don't particularly need to watch every event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

would've thought you'd support our boy Lesnar, scurge of the high seas and the low brows of MMA fanboys/wrestling haters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

CMpunked wrote: »
    Alex Ried is fighting for ufc now?
    Mma is good even for an irregular viewer because you don't particularly need to watch every event.

Nah it wasn't a UFC show (although there is one tonight). It was a BAMMA show on Bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Never much of a Lesnar fan, always thought he was an obnoxious swine..

Thats just cos he wanted to really fight.

Although now that he is, his obnoxious-ness is brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats just cos he wanted to really fight.

Although now that he is, his obnoxious-ness is brilliant.

Definitely. He was never content with the non-competitive nature of wrestling; didn't care for storylines, travel etc.....it's so weird seeing him spout lines in the WWE, seeing his awesome heel off-the-cuff promos in UFC. The dude is amazing. And would batter anyone in the world today. :pac::pac: Even though he wasn't with WWE long, he was labelled as such, and in turn has made people respect wrestlers a bit more, which is just awesome.

Do you reckon Grizzy bears would run away from Lesnar?

I was into MMA long before young Brock came on board but he was one of the first guys that I started to actually get behind and support. An odd man but a great one.

Considering brock (I still can't say that's name without thinking about the Pokemon character!) has a close friendship with Paul heyman, do you think he plays to the heel thing as a result?
    Like if Paul advised him that he could be noticed that little more than if he was just a normal fighter, who are usually quite respectful?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Just joined the Fantasy football league.

Haha, had to go dig out the number from many pages back!

Just joined the Fantasy football league.

Haha, had to go dig out the number from many pages back!

What is it?

• Advertisement

1244-1615

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You guys are at a big disadvantage though. You could be behind by 300 points in your 1st week in our league.

well ive been in a league since gameweek 1. Just not THIS league. Im assuming my points will carry over?

well ive been in a league since gameweek 1. Just not THIS league. Im assuming my points will carry over?
    I don't think so but I could be wrong

ah id say they will, it wouldnt make sense otherwise! ah sure, we'll see come october 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

They are carried over.
    Trust me I am a fantasy football veteran.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

His obnoxiousness is possibly the best thing about him.

Lesnar understands how to sell PPV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Lads, Do any of yiz use ryanair with any regularity? reason i ask is i'm a bit confused about the online check in, Do i just show up with my passport and the printout and go straight through to security without going to the check in desk?
    I'm flying to London for a gig and theres a 4 hour gap between getting to the airport and my flight and i'd much rather spend it in the departures area than the check in.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Lads, Do any of yiz use ryanair with any regularity? reason i ask is i'm a bit confused about the online check in, Do i just show up with my passport and the printout and go straight through to security without going to the check in desk?
    I'm flying to London for a gig and theres a 4 hour gap between getting to the airport and my flight and i'd much rather spend it in the departures area than the check in.

I think it's straight to security with the printout and passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Will someone whos on F4W post up the report of the bret hart show saturday night someplace here. Ta :)

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Will someone whos on F4W post up the report of the bret hart show saturday night someplace here. Ta :)

I'll put it up in the todays news section in a minute. It's already made it's way onto other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

chordtype wrote: »
    I'll put it up in the todays news section in a minute. It's already made it's way onto other sites.

Good man yourself. Looks like a good night. Hope there were cameras there so we'll see a bit monday

Straight in to the FF league at number 4.

Straight in to the FF league at number 4.
    Number 3 right here ;)

Awful week for me. Really Poor. Hoping Chelsea will bounce back against a shaken arsenal next week.

Awful week for me. Really Poor. Hoping Chelsea will bounce back against a shaken arsenal next week.
    Aye. Had Ashley Cole and Drogba as captain. Charlie Adam got the same points as Drogba.

Got rid of Tevez last week for Darren Bent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im begining to think of giving up on fantasy football its causeing me too much heartache

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm last:(:( oh well, it's fantasy championship for me next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The title race would be a lot more interesting if Arsenal beat Chelsea

Got rid of Tevez last week for Darren Bent :(

But Darren Bent scored twice, Tevez once, so surely it was a good transfer?

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    The title race would be a lot more interesting if Arsenal beat Chelsea

But Darren Bent scored twice, Tevez once, so surely it was a good transfer?
    I know but I kept Drogba :(

Things will improve though next week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement