Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Guys, i'm going to say this once and once only.
    This OTB thread is for off topic, and for a laugh. It's also somewhere where you can speak your mind to an extent. So if you're going to post stuff that some would find offensive or insensitive, don't go reporting posts that offend you in turn.

Because some of the reported posts are getting stupid!
    Use your heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Guys, i'm going to say this once and once only.
    This OTB thread is for off topic, and for a laugh. It's also somewhere where you can speak your mind to an extent. So if you're going to post stuff that some would find offensive or insensitive, don't go reporting posts that offend you in turn.

Because some of the reported posts are getting stupid!
    Use your heads

Sorry Everybody. I got a bit carried away. it won't happen again

I would have loved to have posted this in the video thread, but i reckon it would do here.

But here comes the motion picture of the century, and it's coming soon
    The Brian Cowen Story!
    Cheers to RebelRockChick for passing it on to me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

"You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll pay taxes...lots and lots of taxes" :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is that the one from the Bill Cullen Apprentice?

• Advertisement

"Are you smelling my hair again, Brian?!"
    Since when was Harney that hot anyway?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So far today the aprils fools attempts are as follows

Bernard Dunne to fight Paul O Connell in Thomond Park in an exhibition charity match (Newstalk)

Boards.ie and Facebooks new partnership (this site, try harder lads, thats rubbish)

Guanyin that female mod on soccer has been removed.

And the best one so far, which believe it or not is causing traffic jams in Blackpool in Cork

U2 are plaing on the roof of Blackpool shopping centre. There are Gardai, fire brigade and thousands of people down there. Even 3 wimminz from this office are gone donw "to make sure it is a joke" (:rolleyes:). The band on the roof are a U2 tribute band. To be fair, at least Red FM have gone to lengths to makes that one somewhat believable.

gimmick wrote: »
    Boards.ie and Facebooks new partnership (this site, try harder lads, thats rubbish)

Guanyin that female mod on soccer has been removed.

Both were hilarious, especially GuanYin's responses. I actually PM's EdK in the early hours of this morning to try and pulled something similar but i guess he wasn't impressed with me for warning him off for back seat modding earlier this morning and never responded back. :)

Score: my office just won loads of pizza from dominos, plus starters, plus deserts. Huzzah to red fm. Crap station which no one listens to, hence our winning

Score: my office just won loads of pizza from dominos, plus starters, plus deserts. Huzzah to red fm. Crap station which no one listens to, hence our winning

Sad thing is, people do listen to it. It's heard in every shop in Cark, like.
    Voluntarily listening to it is a whole other story, frankly I can't believe it's still on the go!

• Advertisement

96fm is played in alot more shops than Red that I know of. But agreed, Red is tripe apart from after 6pm at weekends, when musiccally it is excellent.

It is handy for winning stuff as well from time to time.

96fm is played in alot more shops than Red that I know of. But agreed, Red is tripe apart from after 6pm at weekends, when musiccally it is excellent.

It is handy for winning stuff as well from time to time.

Thankfully i'm not forced to listen to it all that often, not that the radio stations up here are any better. We have Phantom FM and that's about the only listenable station we have.

Thank christ for phones with big memory cards in them, is all i'll say. :D

Ya, given the choice I try not and listen to any of the music stations during the day. Newstalk is good, apart from Moncrief who is a bit of a jerk. More often than not, my ipod is plugged into the car radio.

Which brings me nicely along to The Prodigys latest album - Invaders Must Die. Anyone heard it? I am in two minds. Loved it on the first few listens, but after only about 10 I am sick of it. Some cracking tracks there though, but some very week stuff also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anybody else watch the Ellen show?

Best thing on in the afternoon :o

Anybody else watch the Ellen show?

Best thing on in the afternoon :o

I'd rather watch the Chyna sex tape, on repeat, while being anally raped by a Bosch drill, than watch her trying to be funny! :P

Is this Ellen "Yes I Am A Lesbian" Degeneres? I could think of few worse things to watch. One of which would be that awful bollocks Jeremy Kyle I wish him harm.

Is this Ellen "Yes I Am A Lesbian" Degeneres? I could think of few worse things to watch. One of which would be that awful bollocks Jeremy Kyle I wish him harm.

That's horrific :P ;)

Hate the way he always gets in peoples faces, gets to stick a little smart ass comment in, backs away and the audience goes mad.
    To which the receiver of the insult cannot defend themselves because of the stupid muppets in the studio going "WOOO". As if they have any right to be in the first place. :mad:

/rant

Well the people on stage and those of the audience probably have a combined IQ of about 2 anyway. These are the type of people who wear pyjamas and slippers going to the shop.

I could watch about 3 minutes of that show before having to change the channel in anger. Now I just steer clear.

Well the people on stage and those of the audience probably have a combined IQ of about 2 anyway. These are the type of people who wear pyjamas and slippers going to the shop.

I could watch about 3 minutes of that show before having to change the channel in anger. Now I just steer clear.

Hah, you wouldn't have lasted the 3 minutes living in my old estate in Finglas then! You've have gone postal, and than plead insanity to the judge and jury blaming it all on society's mishaps. :D...

... THEN we'd see you on Jeremy Kyle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Anyone watching the match? Bad enough that this shower are after messing up the Croke Park sod for the hurlers, now they can't even score against ten men.

Its a terribly depressing looking game.

I don't even like football, i was one of those guys in primary who if the ball would roll towards me i would kick it back with either the least amount of power or the strangest idea of accuracy.

So i would hate to actually be a fan of irish football right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think its been canceled to be fair. Ellen is a decent comedian who was class anytime I seen her on Larry Sanders. Her missus is immense by the way;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jeremy_Kyle_Show#Cancellation
    Cancellation

The show will come to an end in February 2010 with a plan to scale back to three episodes a week until then. This is because ITV are having to make budget cuts to a number of their shows as a result of the current financial recession, and the show has been deemed too expensive to continue past the next year.

Knowing ITV, they will have yet another carbon copy a few months after it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hate the way he always gets in peoples faces, gets to stick a little smart ass comment in, backs away and the audience goes mad.

SCUM! :pac:

Gotta say, my religion teacher in secondary school was smokin' hot. She definitely set the standard on what to go looking for on weekends. :D

We had this one who we used have when we had a double free economics (hypocondriac teacher) in 6th year. Tiny little skirts the whole time. Incredible. She turned up at our grads and pretty much stole the show from all the girls who were brought.

And I hear she is still at the same thing.

We had this one who we used have when we had a double free economics (hypocondriac teacher) in 6th year. Tiny little skirts the whole time. Incredible. She turned up at our grads and pretty much stole the show from all the girls who were brought.

And I hear she is still at the same thing.

Hrm, i think i'll be paying more visits to Cark soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jeremy_Kyle_Show#Cancellation

Knowing ITV, they will have yet another carbon copy a few months after it again.

Ten Euros for anybody who goes up to him after the show is finished and shouts at him louldy
    "KYLE WHY DONT YOU GET A ****ING JOB!":D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement