Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Anyone watch the Inbetweeners?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Missed it tonight, oul lad wouldnt hand over the tele. I'll 40D it during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

glenjamin wrote: »

First two seasons were great fun. This season not so much. Its nastier and not as funny sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Rjd2 wrote: »
    First two seasons were great fun. This season not so much. Its nastier and not as funny sadly.

Its definitely crude for the sake of it now, before it had some charm to it too..

Its definitely crude for the sake of it now, before it had some charm to it too..
    Still the funniest show on TV at the moment though. Repeats on E4+1 now Voltwad if you can rob the remote the back.

• Advertisement

Not likely at this stage unless I do it by force. Last time me and the oul lad had a scuffle I couldn't piss right for a week :pac:

Still the funniest show on TV at the moment though. Repeats on E4+1 in half hour Voltwad if you can rob the remote the back.

Before this year it was the funniest British show on TV hands down, possibly even funnier than both Peep Show and The IT Crowd, but unfortunately its no longer that funny, hopefully the last few episodes salvage the series tbh..

Voltwad wrote: »
    Not likely at this stage unless I do it by force. Last time me and the oul lad had a scuffle I couldn't piss right for a week :pac:
    What a charming father/son story :pac:

Before this year it was the funniest British show on TV hands down, possibly even funnier than both Peep Show and The IT Crowd, but unfortunately its no longer that funny, hopefully the last few episodes salvage the series tbh..
    There's a film to look forward to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Yet another awesome episode.

• Advertisement

What a charming father/son story :pac:
    It was unintentional to be fair but the old man has a few tricks up his sleeve yet!

chordtype wrote: »
    Yet another awesome episode.
    I was in stitches when Neil pissed the bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

it really seems like im the only person to have never watched the inbetweeners at all everyone else seem to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

sky88 wrote: »
    it really seems like im the only person to have never watched the inbetweeners at all everyone else seem to watch it

i watched a few episodes, literally like 2, maybe 3, and not sure if i liked it.
    Still dont.

Everytime i walk into HMV i see the box set of series' one and two and for 14.99 and i just cant bring myself to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CMpunked wrote: »
    i watched a few episodes, literally like 2, maybe 3, and not sure if i liked it.
    Still dont.

Everytime i walk into HMV i see the box set of series' one and two and for 14.99 and i just cant bring myself to buy it.

kinda the same keep saying im going to watch it but never get around too beacuse i think after all the hype ive heard i think ill be let down with it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Still dont.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-inbetweeners/4od

Watch it free and legally if you want to save some money their.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

sky88 wrote: »
    No interest in channel 4 "comedy"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

No interest in channel 4 "comedy"

Not even Peep Show? I'll agree that some of their shows have been a bit meh but they do come out with a few gems now and again.

chordtype wrote: »
    Not even Peep Show? I'll agree that some of their shows have been a bit meh but they do come out with a few gems now and again.

Or even Father Ted?

Or even Father Ted?

To be honest, father ted was an irish inception, just spearheaded by channel 4.
    That said, IT crowd is probably the only channel 4 comedy i like.(excluding father ted)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Father Ted is great but that was from years ago.

I HATE THE ****ING I.T CROWD!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, father ted was an irish inception, just spearheaded by channel 4.
    That said, IT crowd is probably the only channel 4 comedy i like.(excluding father ted)

Not really,it was spearheaded and paid for by Channel 4.. By that logic then you can say the same thing about the IT Crowd is Irish too, Irish writer, producer, director but yet not funded by an Irish Channel..

Not really,it was spearheaded and paid for by Channel 4.. By that logic then you can say the same thing about the IT Crowd is Irish too, Irish writer, producer, director but yet not funded by an Irish Channel..

Ok spearheaded was the wrong terminology to use, but i mean that father ted was written for an irish audience and presented to rte, who rejected it and they then went to channel four.
    The IT crowd is as you said written, produced etc by irish lads but its quite obviously not aimed at us as much as father ted was.

Look what you've done Diabhal.. You have two people arguing over Father Ted.. You bastard...:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yeah I dont think despite it being produced by C4 when RTE passed on it due to religious concerns (i.e afraid to all out poke fun at the main religion in the country) Father Ted can be considerd anything but Irish. Written, produced and acted out by Irish people using Irish isms while set in Ireland and about Irish topics means it is/was Irish.

C4 are good imo though and ive been a fan of ^ and more recently Peep Show, The It Crowd, Skins and The Inbetweeners, not to say that they dont make their own far share of garbage but who doesent really. having said that my favourite company for making shows is HBO, if its made by HBO im always willing to give a show a chance and usually have high expectations for it. True blood for example I probably wouldent have given the time of day otherwise as a series about Vampires etc doesent really appeal to me but that show is made so well I'm a big fan

yeah I dont think despite it being produced by C4 when RTE passed on it due to religious concerns (i.e afraid to all out poke fun at the main religion in the country) Father Ted can be considerd anything but Irish. Written, produced and acted out by Irish people using Irish isms while set in Ireland and about Irish topics means it is/was Irish.

C4 are good imo though and ive been a fan of ^ and more recently Peep Show, The It Crowd, Skins and The Inbetweeners, not to say that they dont make their own far share of garbage but who doesent really. having said that my favourite company for making shows is HBO, if its made by HBO im always willing to give a show a chance and usually have high expectations for it. True blood for example I probably wouldent have given the time of day otherwise as a series about Vampires etc doesent really appeal to me but that show is made so well I'm a big fan

HBO are certainly in a league of their own in the States and have pushed the envelope with their show for sure..

Channel 4 comedys are hit and Miss no doubt about it.. But imho Black Books,IT Crowd, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and Peep Show are proof that they can indeed produce insanely funny and original comedies..

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Misfits is quite good also it is another Channel 4/E4 show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Misfits is quite good also it is another Channel 4/E4 show

Yes. Yes. YES!
    I fell in love with that show. Brilliant series.

It really played to the whole "you shouldn't like these kids, but you will" shtick.
    But, the final episode really disappointed me.

Heard theyre making a second series which I would be very excited about. :)

Walt, I wasn't arguing at all brother, (if that was directed to me) :o

Has anyone that's on here ever worked with/for/etc rte,tv3 or anyone like them before?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yes. Yes. YES!

It really played to the whole "you shouldn't like these kids, but you will" shtick.

Has anyone that's on here ever worked with/for/etc rte,tv3 or anyone like them before?

not really but i used to work for Transworldsport (I still dont get why we always were told to write that as 1 word) but since my time there it has become just a sky sports filler in the UK and isnt aired on channel 4 anymore iirc unless it retained its crazy early morning repeat slot but i dont think it did. Was made by IMG though and meant we worked with the other sports media magazine shows such as Futbol Mundial.

• Advertisement

Yes. Yes. YES!

I know dude, i was only kiddin:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement