Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stephen Gately made it into the top 10? Wow.
    Was he involved with some charities or anything like that?
    Surely he didn't get into the top 10 just for being in Boyzone, did he?

This is off topic? Ok, Rooney is a knob.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

that greatest Irishman poll sounds like a load of bullplop to me... wonder how many times Flah voted for Ger C?

Someone asked about Broadwalk Empire, well ive watched all episodes so far and imo its just getting better and better in a similar way to how the wire did for me way back when i first watched it. At first I wasn't totally gripped by the characters but I continued watching cos it was so well made, then suddenly I'm hooked after a certain few episodes and think its great and only going to get better now that im more and more interested in ever strand of the story be it Nucky Thompsons story or that of Jimmy Darmity, Al Capone or even Ms Schroder.

Its got the cast, writters, producers and network to be a hit and you know what...it's a hit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Deffo on my hitlist. Heard lots of good about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

J. Marston wrote: »
    Stephen Gately made it into the top 10? Wow.
    Was he involved with some charities or anything like that?
    Surely he didn't get into the top 10 just for being in Boyzone, did he?

This is off topic? Ok, Rooney is a knob.

He got in the Top 10 for being dead tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Steven Gately is no Rafael Van der Vaart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

anyone watching "the event"?

CMpunked wrote: »
    anybody watching this new show the event?

Looks good. Kinda lost-ish.

God i miss lost. :(

ahhhh disregard my above comment.. Im just finished the first episode. Its pretty good so far. Has me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Good God you get some odd looks from bookies in Moate when you ask them for odds on tonights UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ahhhh disregard my above comment.. Im just finished the first episode. Its pretty good so far. Has me interested.

Yeah from reading peoples tweets that watched it last night, they couldn't resist and watched the episodes (3, I believe) that were behind on.

Supposedly it isn't just a one trick pony, they are even more hooked now.

Yeah from reading peoples tweets that watched it last night, they couldn't resist and watched the episodes (3, I believe) that were behind on.

Supposedly it isn't just a one trick pony, they are even more hooked now.

Hmmm... i think Im going to show some restraint for once and just watch it weekly on the telly! Besides, im convinved tvshack.cc is destroying my computer. Everytime I go onto that site or sites like it I get that antimalwaredoctor on my laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

quick question

bragging rights is on sky sports 4 but its ppv if i have sky sports 4 do i still have to pay for it?

Velasquez murdered our boy last night lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Tempted to see the reaction of the MMA forum, but i cant be bothered tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

quick question

bragging rights is on sky sports 4 but its ppv if i have sky sports 4 do i still have to pay for it?

No it's 'free' if you subscribe to Sky Sports.

I predicted Cain. Had a bit of money on him. His odds were amazing for a guy that most analysts were predicting to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm the same, had money on Cain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Disgusted Brock lost, but if this is the only way we get him and Mir 3 then so be it :) Let the **** talkin begin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He has to fight Taker first though.

I wonder what the beef is between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I wonder what the beef is between them?

Didn't Taker moan about putting over Brock so hard back in their WWE days.

This probably should be a seperate thread now.:o

Seems like the guy was so tempted to start marking out towards undy' at first. :o

I wonder if brock mouthed or gestured to taker just before he walked into the shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't know Bragging Rights was on SS4. I was convinced it was on Box Office.
    So convinced that I was gonna ring up and order it after the City/Arsenal match, this thread has saved me some embarassment. Thanks :o.

p.s Chicharitooooooo!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Have to say some of the Boards MMA posters are being incredibly ignorant. The man lost one fight to Cain. He lost to a good fighter a year after near death and after baytin Carwin. Hardly the end.

PSV beat Feyenoord 10-0 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Have to say some of the Boards MMA posters are being incredibly ignorant. The man lost one fight to Cain. He lost to a good fighter a year after near death and after baytin Carwin. Hardly the end.

The attitude of some of them is a bit much. Here if someone doesn't like MMA they usually just say 'I'm not a fan' and that's that. Over there some of them feel the need to ridicule.

Anyone doing the Marathon tomorrow? In the unlikely case of anyone doing it and being awake at 1am the morning before then good luck.

Heres a song my band wrote yesterday, this is us writing and playing at the same time, so its rough as fu*k! have an aul listen an tell me what u think:)

sounds awesome dude!

Its hard to put a pin on who it sounds like.

Kinda like staind, when they were good, but better and with more instruments.

What do you play?

sounds awesome dude!

Its hard to put a pin on who it sounds like.

Kinda like staind, when they were good, but better and with more instruments.

What do you play?

Jebus thanks for the kind words man:o I play guitar..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Decided to check if I share my birthday with any wrestler and found out that I share it with CM Punk...... coincidence????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Cork Guinness Jazz Festival is the best weekend in Ireland. I will fight anyone who disagrees. Seen some great bands, and had some great laughs.

Even found my wedding band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Howeryas

Can't believe the ppv was on sky sports 4 and I have sky sports 1-3 couldn't even buy it and was too locked by the time I got home last night to try and stream it last night.

WORST

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement