Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Have to get this off my chest:

ARGHHHHHH!!!

Some absolute pricks on adverts!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

**** son, what happened?

barura wrote: »
    **** son, what happened?

Basically, (I won't say what, who or when, I could get in trouble)
    I found a certain musical instrument I have been looking for for ages.
    Delighted with myself as I was going to order one new, but this was reasonably priced.

So let's just say the listed price is 350, I had a scroll though the comments and seen he said to someone that if a previous poster gave him 280 he would sell it to them.
    People were offering swaps but seller wanted money.

I put an offer in of the asking price but after I had a look at it. AND to make it even better I would travel to pick it up at earliest and sellers convienience.

Sooo, someone else jumps in and says "I'll give you 320"
    I'm like "Hold up, the asking price is 280?!"

The seller says "sorry lads, price is 350, that price was a weekend deal."

Weekend deal?! What weekend?!
    So I pasted in a copy of the rules that say about last price given is asking price.

Mod comes on board and says I was correct, 280 is the asking price.

Seller says "I'm not letting it leave my house for less than 350. That price was only for the weekend as I needed money."

My head has exploded at this point altogether.
    Mod removed the whole listing and I think the guy could be banned.
    I still really want the item and will pay 280 even after all that.
    But it's unfortunately not the first time I have been totally shafted by some idiot.

Anyway..

[/Rant]

Bummer son, best of luck with getting the instrument via other means though.

Good heavens more than 4 posts in a week? I'd better get back to lurking... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Yeah, that real $h*tty form from yer man CM

Ah no, hang around barura, it's cool that the forum is gaining newer members

• Advertisement

Ah its no hassle, i can order it off thomann for 400 and have it within 2 weeks so its no probs.
    But ive been putting it off for weeks and thought "Oh shít, i can get it, cheaper and i can go collect it soon!" i was fairly :eek:.

So yeah, pretty bummed.

Dont be a lurker!
    Theres no fun in that :p

Tell me about it bro.
    I had a look at a few other things he had up and he said he was only 17. So he was obviously not serious and was only taking a chance.
    The little bugger :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Those kids nowadays. What happened to our country?

I can be a bitter Galway man now.

Ah no, hang around barura, it's cool that the forum is gaining newer members
    Okay okay, twist me arm would ya?
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Ah its no hassle, i can order it off thomann for 400 and have it within 2 weeks so its no probs.
    But ive been putting it off for weeks and thought "Oh shít, i can get it, cheaper and i can go collect it soon!" i was fairly :eek:.

So yeah, pretty bummed.

Dont be a lurker!
    Theres no fun in that :p

Tell me about it bro.
    I had a look at a few other things he had up and he said he was only 17. So he was obviously not serious and was only taking a chance.
    The little bugger :P

Nertz to that!

Anyways rule of thumb I have for second hand readily available equipment is 5/8ths the original price. Unless it's sealed etc.

Ahhh back in the day I used to do sound engineering... /reminisces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Sorry about the bad luck on adverts CM.

Haven't had a bad experience on it yet. Actually picked up an audio interface on Thursday from some guy for a bargain price and the thing was practically in new condition.

Anyone for the International Rules tomorrow?

Australia for the win.

Volt we saved your League Title

• Advertisement

So there I was stacking all my weights up nice and neat in the corner... And get home today to see that my dog pissed on em. So now I'll be working out with dettol smelling weights for the next few days. Boourns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Australia for the win.

Volt we saved your League Title
    Still recovering from a great night. Tallaght was absolutely buzzing after the match. Saw a lot of the players outside level 4 absolutely twisted :pac: Hopefully they sober up in time for the cup final. Tickets are only a tenner for that by the way.

Awww. Use febreeze on them.

HALLOWEEN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Awww. Use febreeze on them.

HALLOWEEN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you dressin up as anyone? I'm going as Scott Hall and I'm goin gettin in the rats as part of my coustume

Schhhharface, king of Connamara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

So there I was stacking all my weights up nice and neat in the corner... And get home today to see that my dog pissed on em. So now I'll be working out with dettol smelling weights for the next few days. Boourns.

Tie a dumbell to his p*ssing leg so next time he tries to lift it and soil your things he'll thing the betterof it.

Also why does your dog's piss smell like Dettol? Should get that checked out.

International Rules was **** apart from the last quarter.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Tie a dumbell to his p*ssing leg so next time he tries to lift it and soil your things he'll thing the betterof it.

Also why does your dog's piss smell like Dettol? Should get that checked out.
    Nono, I threw dettol on it after. Good lord, that would be an amazing dog... Save some cash on disinfectant/cleaning up if he pissed dettol.

chordtype wrote: »
    International Rules was **** apart from the last quarter.

I had a bet on the Aussies to win and the second bit was Clarinbridge to win today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Compromise Rules is a loada boll*x IMO. As Mickey Harte said all it does is put our best players in the shop window to be poached by AFL clubs. And I don't buy this whole argument about every player's dream being to represent their country - my hole. You ask any lad raised in a GAA environment what his dream is and they'll all tell you its to win a county title with their club or an All Ireland for their county. Representing Ireland doesn't even come into it.

I'd rather they resurrected the Railway Cup and got the Croke park marketing machine behind that. I'd pay good money to see a Munster forward line made up of the likes of Corbett, the two E Kellys, Noel McGrath, Mullane, the O' Connor brothers take on a Leinster made up of mainly the KK lads. You'd easily fill Thurles or even Croker if you did a double header with football as well.

Compromise Rules me hole, its not even entertaining.

• Advertisement

LOLSUNDERLAND

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

LOLSUNDERLAND

Jaysus twas some match! Living here in Newcastle at the mo and the atmosphere is unbelievable, couple that with all the lovely ones out for halloween tonight and it's sure to be one to remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus, they dress like complete whores there on an ordinary night, so this weekend must be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

gimmick wrote: »
    Jesus, they dress like complete whores there on an ordinary night, so this weekend must be unreal.

It's not even going out time and already they're filing the streets, absolutely mental!

Halloween night and here I am getting ready to start typing a 2500 word essay which I haven't started and is due in on Tuesday morning. FML.

And CASPER is on. Mega Pain.

Second film I ever saw at the cinema after the Nanny with Hulk Hogan.

Not as bad as a dose of the scuts. Wanted to go out but when I woke up this morning was arse was telling me otherwise.

Feckin' kids, feckin' whores, feckin' bangers.
    I hate halloween. :mad:

Over 24 hours later and I'm still doing this bloody essay. Only a conclusion to do though. Plus I've got loads of crap to read over for a seminar with my absolute dick of a lecturer and an Oscar Wilde essay to take notes on before I can go to sleep.

The lesson I've taken away from all my time at college is don't study English and History if you hate reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Woo. No longer bottom of the fantasy premier league. Suck it D2D.

No wonder i was doing so bad. Had Rooney as my captain since the season started. Have Drogba into the breach now. Mid season surge begins this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

gimmick wrote: »
    Woo. No longer bottom of the fantasy premier league. Suck it D2D.

No wonder i was doing so bad. Had Rooney as my captain since the season started. Have Drogba into the breach now. Mid season surge begins this weekend.

Oh, it on now gimmick.

Made some fairly drastic changes to my side (no wonder I'm last, Torres is my captain:o). 7 transfers changes, let's see if we can change our ways.

Jesus, that's some result for Spurs tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement