Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Me like

Erdinger_Hefeweizen_lage.jpg

I have decided too stop drinking flavorless muck like Bud.

What other good foreign drinks should I be consuming lads?:)

I like this as well, but Paulaner Kristall is the bestest German beer imo. I also dig Becks.

Though at the moment, I am mostly drinking Budvar. Awesome stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

i was born on the same day as R-Truth,Pat Patterson & Dolly Parton :pac:

I meant literally same day, same year included!

R-Truth is 38 and Pat Patterson is 69 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Available in all good and bad off licenses?
    Hey man go to the Porterhouse and start going through the forign beers there. Also, McHughes off licences are a sure bet for many beers, and the staff are glad to help. :D

Also, Leffe Blonde is a Belgian beer that I really like, I've drank many beers from many different lands... don't just narrow it to Germany would be my main advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

Charisteas wrote: »
    I meant literally same day, same year included!

R-Truth is 38 and Pat Patterson is 69 :D

ah right :D

sorry,but still even tho i wasn't born in the same year etc still share a birthday with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=17+august+1988&go=Go

How peculiar, a load of people associated with athletics (no one of any importance) were born on my date of birth, and loads of army generals died on my birth-day.
    :confused:

Guess that could say a lot about me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

The only interesting person that I share the same birthday with is Dave Meltzer. I don't consider Wayne Rooney interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I share mine with the lead singer of The Killers, Juliette Lewis but most impressively, future king of England, PRINCE WILLIAM:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I share mine with Miroslav Klose, Wesley Sneijder, Natalie Portman, Johnny Depp and, best of all, Donald Duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I share mine with Barbra Streisand.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

CMpunked wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=17+august+1988&go=Go

How peculiar, a load of people associated with athletics (no one of any importance) were born on my date of birth, and loads of army generals died on my birth-day.
    :confused:

Guess that could say a lot about me. :pac:

One truly great thing did happen on the day of your birth. A lil nipper by the name of Jolt celebrated his first anniversary on Earth. Why Wiki doesn't mention that is just weird :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

So much for that storm

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    One truly great thing did happen on the day of your birth. A lil nipper by the name of Jolt celebrated his first anniversary on Earth. Why Wiki doesn't mention that is just weird :confused:

If i was a little more enthusiastic and energtic right now i would make an article for both those beautiful days in early autumn when we came to make it a little brighter.

Jolt, did you know that other famous people born on the date are:
    Robert DeNiro, Rodney Mullen and the infamous theiry henry?

Any of ye Dubliners fancy helping me with directions?

I want to go to that protest on Wednesday;

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139824556067366

But I'm no good with Dublin. I can get a Matthews coach from Drogheda. I can find the spire from this bus (which leaves me on Parnell St.), and I can also get to St. Stephens Green (have navigated my way towards Wrestling Mania in the past) but unsure of landmarks or where the hell the Dept. of Finance building would be.

Anyone want to offer some assistance?

Being held at;

WOLFE TONE STATUE, Stephens Green (Opposite Dept. Of Finance)By Stephens Green Park
    Dublin, Ireland

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

chordtype wrote: »
    The only interesting person that I share the same birthday with is Dave Meltzer. I don't consider Wayne Rooney interesting.

You share the same bday as my daughter, she was born two weeks ago.

I share mine with Samuel L Jackson and Kiefer Sutherland.

@KKV I think the Wolfe Tone statue is at the other end of the green. If you get to the top of graton st then turn left you should find it.

Dancor wrote: »
    You share the same bday as my daughter, she was born two weeks ago.

I share mine with Samuel L Jackson and Kiefer Sutherland.

@KKV I think the Wolfe Tone statue is at the other end of the green. If you get to the top of graton st then turn left you should find it.
    Congrats Dancor!

Google maps is very good for directions, and have all major landmarks and bus routes listed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

saw this and thought of the PW off topic thread.

Local hero gets served by big TV star on his own turf but seeks revenge and gets it with a 3 count pin. The two shake hands and make amends then only for the Local hero to get a big pop from the crowd by performing a swerve on that big prehistoric jerk and taking him out... The WWE could learn a lot from the San Diego (means a whales vagina in german) Chicken and Barney the dinosaur imo in terms of storyline development :pac:

that embodies this whole thread alright.

saw this and thought of the PW off topic thread.

Local hero gets served by big TV star on his own turf but seeks revenge and gets it with a 3 count pin. The two shake hands and make amends then only for the Local hero to get a big pop from the crowd by performing a swerve on that big prehistoric jerk and taking him out... The WWE could learn a lot from the San Diego (means a whales vagina in german) Chicken and Barney the dinosaur imo in terms of storyline development :pac:
    NO build for it. They sped through the angle.

Guy in Wheelchair Nearly Submits Convenience-Store Psycho

http://www.cagepotato.com/wtf-day-guy-wheelchair-nearly-submits-convenience-store-psycho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

‎1.Go to Google Maps. 2. Go to Get Directions. 3. Type Japan as the start
    location. 4. Type China as the end location. 5. Read Step 43 of the
    directions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Voltwad wrote: »
    ‎1.Go to Google Maps. 2. Go to Get Directions. 3. Type Japan as the start
    location. 4. Type China as the end location. 5. Read Step 43 of the
    directions

ahahahahahaha! no problemo

I'm surprised it doesn't just say jetpack-your way across japan too!
    Very funny.:)

Anyone watching the Haye fight tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

glenjamin wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Haye fight tonight?

Just saw it,
    first 2 rounds were dire and Haye just destroyed him in Rnd 3. Harrison clearly wanted the fight to go into the later rounds but in the fight, he prob connected with just 1 punch

Just saw it,
    first 2 rounds were dire and Haye just destroyed him in Rnd 3. Harrison clearly wanted the fight to go into the later rounds but in the fight, he prob connected with just 1 punch
    It was shockingly bad. Think Harrison connected with one jab, that was it. Glad Haye destroyed him in the 3rd. I couldn't sit through 12 rounds of that. I'd hate to have spent €21 on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Brilliance (just click on the glasses): http://dizzy.pestermom.com/instantCSI/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Brilliance (just click on the glasses): http://dizzy.pestermom.com/instantCSI/
    Time to rewatch this :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Delighted for Sligo. Tough titty shams.

• Advertisement

Forget Avatar, Jackass 3D? greatest 3D movie ever. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement