Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

PEEP SHOW

What a night this is turning out to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Fu*k lads just started watching Breaking Bad.. The most insanely awesome TV show ive seen in a long long time..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I ****ing hate snow, its always horribly cold and going to work is a nightmare. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Fu*k lads just started watching Breaking Bad.. The most insanely awesome TV show ive seen in a long long time..

It is an incredible show. And it just keeps getting better as it goes on. Enjoy it man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Ahhh, the snow. Anyone ever driven in it? Some tips would be nice. :) Aside from driving slower, that's a given. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

barura wrote: »
    Ahhh, the snow. Anyone ever driven in it? Some tips would be nice. :) Aside from driving slower, that's a given. :D

Dont jam on the breaks. Try and drive in a low gear, 2 or 3rd.
    If you feel yourself slipping, change down a gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

barura wrote: »

Don't release the acceerator until it hits the floor, only use the handbrake for stopping and taking corners at speed and the only safe way to use roundabouts in the snow is to go backwards round them.

Did anyone go the march today, I didn't which I feel a bit about.

What was it like?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Did anyone go the march today, I didn't which I feel a bit about.

What was it like?

I couldnt make it myself but i hope that whoever made this made loads!

i39y6s.jpg

The view out back. It's currently snowing quite heavily and it doesn't look like given up. Time for the country to come to a standstill again me thinks.

156172_500211679975_639694975_7178934_6943412_n.jpg

• Advertisement

That's a really nice photo chordtype.
    Where do you live?

I'm in Dublin most of the time for college but I came home to Donegal this weekend. Looks like I'll be here for at least another day because no cars are going anywhere right now.

chordtype wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin most of the time for college but I came home to Donegal this weekend. Looks like I'll be here for at least another day because no cars are going anywhere right now.

Yeah I heard the west was/is getting a battering.

It's been pretty bad alright. Not up to the level of January but not much fun either. It hasn't snowed for an hour or so but instead the snow that has fallen has frozen even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Have any of you heard what colleges are gonna be closed tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I want snow:mad:

I'm sure this is of no help to anybody but St. Pat's in Drumcondra is open 'unless the situation changes dramatically.' I won't be there anyway.

Best place to try is probably the Facebook pages of Student Unions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I want snow:mad:

No you dont. Snow is the devils jip.

Dancor wrote: »
    No you dont. Snow is the devils jip.

Agreed, its crap sadly.

Its a pain to get anywhere, its horribly cold every night and I always feel a lot of sympathy for the elderly who struggle to pay for heating around this time every year.

Snow is rubbish really. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Agreed, its crap sadly.

Its a pain to get anywhere, its horribly cold every night and I always feel a lot of sympathy for the elderly who struggle to pay for heating around this time every year.

Snow is rubbish really. :mad:

Snow instantly becomes an annoyance when you get a car and start paying bills

• Advertisement

Snow instantly becomes an annoyance when you get a car and start paying bills

Aye, I don't even drive and I bloody hate it. :o

I loved it when I was a child and had no responsibilities in the world though. :)

This country cant deal with anything bad at all.

Remember the floods? Last years lack of grit on the roads? The R word.

It wouldnt be so bad if they sent out gritting lorries on the main roads.
    But in the words of a drogheda council worker i was speaking to, they wont pay the overtime for them to do it.
    Disgrace. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Aye, I don't even drive and I bloody hate it. :o

I loved it when I was a child and had no responsibilities in the world though. :)

Loved it as a child until I lost feeling in my hands and got a stone filled snowball around the ear :mad:

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Loved it as a child until I lost feeling in my hands and got a stone filled snowball around the ear :mad:

Nothing more annoying than skangers attacking people with snowballs.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 86,465 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I just seen that Leslie Nielsen (from the Naked Gun and Airplane films) has died - always laughed at his films :( RIP

Leslie Neilson, a man who always made me laugh because he played what i would consider to be perfect comedy.

Its a sad day alright, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Leslie Neilson actually spent some time on WWF television, doing comedy segments to promote Undertaker v Undertaker at Summerslam 1994

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Leslie, my celeb pick in this year's draft game. :(

Very funny man. Love Airplane! and the Naked Gun movies.

So lads what ye all done with your money in your bank account?:pac:

I have some cash in my AI.B account, seeing as they are not having the best of times (no **** Sherlock) I am wondering where else to invest it?

Credit Unions are struggling as well.:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

So lads what ye all done with your money in your bank account?:pac:

I usually love payday but its the first mortgage repayment for me tomorrow :eek: And im not even moved into the poxy place because of poxy slow tradesmen :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement