Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Dancor wrote: »
    : And im not even moved into the poxy place because of poxy slow tradesmen :mad:

Are they Irish? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I usually love payday but its the first mortgage repayment for me tomorrow :eek: And im not even moved into the poxy place because of poxy slow tradesmen :mad:

Payday for me has been bitter sweet for sometime. I get into work, see Ive been paid, pay out to the joint account, pay something off the CU loan and credit card, and am almost broke again straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Are they Irish? :o

Most are. Family and friends have been great. I know lots trades men and most of the work is off the book or ''nixers'' so I cant complain really.
    gimmick wrote: »
    Payday for me has been bitter sweet for sometime. I get into work, see Ive been paid, pay out to the joint account, pay something off the CU loan and credit card, and am almost broke again straight away.

I feel like giving my GF complete control of my account, take an allowance of 20 yoyo at the start of the week and see how I get on. Im crap with money where as she is great with it, always saving and still getting to treat herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I am no longer signed on the live register!:D:D
    Although..
    I am on a Fas course..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I love snow!!!:D:D:D I hate ice!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Any of you ever buy anything online adn have it handed over to customs? What usually happens next?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Any of you ever buy anything online adn have it handed over to customs? What usually happens next?
    I bought my bass guitar via America from eBay. Was meant to be 700 dollars, they got it and put an extra 50 quid onto it. An post delivered it to the post office and I had to pay the customs there.

Get the seller/sender to say its a gift and that no money was exchanged for the item.
    If you can like.

It has already been "handed over to customs" on 29/11. Worried that I have not been contacted yet.

It has already been "handed over to customs" on 29/11. Worried that I have not been contacted yet.

You will get it.(assuming it's nothing.. dodgy ;)) The least will be that it takes its time to get to you.
    The worst they could do is that they will ask for vat based on what it is.

• Advertisement

Its nothing illegal, but its actual authenticity is open to question :p

Russia 2018
    Qatar 2022

Qatar is crazy business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Russia 2018
    Qatar 2022

Qatar is crazy business.

That's really good for world football that the World Cup will be hosted in two countries that have never hosted it before. Good luck to them.

http://www.27bslash6.com/massanutten.html

Folks, read that. It is long winded, but extremely worth it

http://www.27bslash6.com/massanutten.html

Folks, read that. It is long winded, but extremely worth it

"It involved a camping trip and a bear, I don't like to talk about it" :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Charisteas wrote: »
    That's really good for world football that the World Cup will be hosted in two countries that have never hosted it before. Good luck to them.

Both are shocking decisions, Qatar especially. It has no history when it comes to football, matches will be played in 40c (Bet the players can't wait!), and a country whose morals are in the gutter, oh and the terror threat as well.

Russia have rubbish infrastructure and wonderful hooligan racist fans. :(

Seriously its a joke that England, Spain/ Portugal and to a lesser extend The Yanks and Australia missed out today.

I hate FIFA.:mad:

Oh and people are campaigning for Colombia to get it in 2026, wonderful. Why not let North Korea or Iraq have a go, they never hosted a World Cup before!

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Both are shocking decisions, Qatar especially. It has no history when it comes to football, matches will be played in 40c (Bet the players can't wait!), and a country whose morals are in the gutter, oh and the terror threat as well.

Russia have rubbish infrastructure and wonderful hooligan racist fans. :(

Seriously its a joke that England, Spain/ Portugal and to a lesser extend The Yanks and Australia missed out today.

I hate FIFA.:mad:

Era, all FIFA are about is this
    stacks-of-money.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It was fun watching Sky Sports News.

Georgie at 3pm: England must be favourites to win

Georgie at 3.15pm: WTF?????????????

It was fun watching Sky Sports News.

Georgie at 3pm: England must be favourites to win

Georgie at 3.15pm: WTF?????????????

"Now, we stress that these are Unconfirmed Reports". Must have said that at least 20 times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

"Now, we stress that these are Unconfirmed Reports". Must have said that at least 20 times

I hate that guy's Scottish accent

• Advertisement

I can understand the reasoning for them to go to the places not immediately associated with football, to try and spread the word of football and all that.
    But what reasons were given for Qatar?
    Did I hear someone say on tv3 that they didn't want to have two back to back competitions back to back in Europe?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Did I hear someone say on tv3 that they didn't want to have two back to back competitions back to back in Europe?

Yep, there's a rotation policy and the same continent cannot host it back to back.

2018 was contested by European nations (England, Russia, Spain/Portugal, and Holland/Belgium), and 2022 contested by non-Europe nations (Qatar, USA and Australia).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yep, there's a rotation policy and the same continent cannot host it back to back.

2018 was contested by European nations (England, Russia, Spain/Portugal, and Holland/Belgium), and 2022 contested by non-Europe nations (Qatar, USA and Australia).

They have done away wih that system now. South America in 2014 is the last one picke dusing that decision afaik.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Quatar does stand out as being very odd but money talks. Have to imagine the English will be back to try again next time but after a line of S.Africa, Brazil, Russia, Quatar who knows where is next. I'd guess they will go back to formula but who knows (or indeed i guess cares its so far off

Japan/Korea - bringing the showpiece attraction to the fast growing fanatical far east fans
    Germany - Return to a european powerhouse of the game with infastructure to boot.
    South Africa - first ever African hosts
    Brazil - Brazil is football, if it works itl be a real carnival of football or atleast thats the idea
    Russia 2018 - The Russians have never held it before, its kinda a return to europe too
    Quatar 2022- $$$$, can even mention the $$$ as a bonus saying itl provide a purpose built tournament while we ignore their lack of footballing history and the size of the country.

next few

England 2026 - 60 years after the last time the held it (they got Euro 96 after 30 :Pac: )
    Uruguay 2030 - 100 years after the first one
    Australia/USA 2034 - A Major market with top infastructure ready to go which will have gone untapped for too long (40 years for America)

Check out this dudes photos. Seems he has met everybody.

Some funny photos of fellas looking very young indeed.

Wonder who he is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Check out this dudes photos. Seems he has met everybody.

Some funny photos of fellas looking very young indeed.

Wonder who he is?

Can't see his page as I refuse to partake in that confounded site. But a google search shows that he appears to be a prominent Japanese pro-wrestling journalist who's been in the game for years.

This site is pretty cool.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Athlete-Sparta/1163/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

They have done away wih that system now. South America in 2014 is the last one picke dusing that decision afaik.

Afaik, I don't think that they have completely done away with that system, but they have changed the rules so that it can only be hosted in one continent every 12 years. The rule used to be stage it in Europe every 8 years. So Germany 2006, Russia 2018, and then back in Europe in 2030. That's why European nations were competing to host in 2018.

England 2026 - 60 years after the last time the held it (they got Euro 96 after 30 :Pac: )
    Uruguay 2030 - 100 years after the first one
    Australia/USA 2034 - A Major market with top infastructure ready to go which will have gone untapped for too long (40 years for America)

England 2026 wont be possible as it cant be in Europe that year, neither will 2026 be allowed in Asia or Australia. It would be hard to see another African country going for 2026, so it's likely to be in North or South America. Rumour has it that Colombia are considering a bid for 2026.

Gerard.C wrote: »

When's the Late Late Toy Show, or have I missed it?

• Advertisement

^ last week. It pisses me off actually. Loads of over privileged kids showing off toys while there are hundreds of thousadns of kids in Ireland who know no such luck.
    Gerard.C wrote: »

I absoltely despise D'unbelievables.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement