Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Any Flight of the Conchords fans on here?

Utter sh*te, someone forgot to tell them that just because they're funny looking, doesn't make them funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Harsh SR :(

Kentonbomb was a seriously under-rated poster IMO

Harsh SR :(

Maybe so, but fair. Hear one of their tunes, hear them all.
    Kentonbomb was a seriously under-rated poster IMO

Long lastingness wasn't his strong point though. I'll have a few more shots of Jack Daniels in a few and may post up a volume 2. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Utter sh*te, someone forgot to tell them that just because they're funny looking, doesn't make them funny.

Thank you. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

amacachi wrote: »
    Thank you. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Never got into them, Dre tried to introduce me to their stuff a couple of years back, hated em then, hate em now.

• Advertisement

Never got into them, Dre tried to introduce me to their stuff a couple of years back, hated em then, hate em now.

Suppose you like the Mighty Boosh tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I stopped reading this thread after I saw Carlsberg. Get some taste for ***** sake.

Any Flight of the Conchords fans on here?

I liked the first series lots, but I dont really think any episode hs much rewatachable quality. The manager and the cute stalker were massive favourites of mine. I have heard mixed reviews regarding the second series so I will steer clear for now.
    Business time

I ****ing hate those two ****ers, horrible horrible show with full of irritating wackiness and zilch sign of humour. Its the ****ing goodies for this generation. :mad:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I ****ing hate those two ****ers, horrible horrible show with full of irritating wackiness and zilch sign of humour. Its the ****ing goodies for this generation. :mad:

Ah come on, the Goodies were no-where near as bad as the Boosh *****!

Ah come on, the Goodies were no-where near as bad as the Boosh *****!

Yeah to be fair The Goodies were properly surreal, the Boosh is a glorified children’s show masquerading as cutting edge comedy.

• Advertisement

Nope, didn't care for those guys either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

My name is earl and the Big Bang Theory: I've found myself watching them on thursdays. Anyone else watch them?

I don't do the whole "sit in on a certain day for a TV show" thing. Life is too spontainous! That said, i do get the DVD sets when the prices drop. Series 1 and 2 of My Name Is Earl is hilarious though. Love it. :)

I don't do the whole "sit in on a certain day for a TV show" thing. Life is too spontainous! That said, i do get the DVD sets when the prices drop. Series 1 and 2 of My Name Is Earl is hilarious though. Love it. :)

Well i am almost that sad, i normally have it on sky plus and if i'm there (Which i usually am ;)) i watch it.

My name is earl is on every weekday. On an average day (Okay most days i'm that predictable) i have it on when i'm cooking or eating the dinner. I've nearly choked a few times.

Hi Earl, Hey Crab Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

What series is my name is earl on at the mintue, watch it on thursdays when i get the chance. funny stuff...along with the inbetweeners and big bang theory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

DM-ICE wrote: »
    My name is earl and the Big Bang Theory: I've found myself watching them on thursdays. Anyone else watch them?

Tis quite funny yes

What series is my name is earl on at the mintue, watch it on thursdays when i get the chance. funny stuff...along with the inbetweeners and big bang theory :)

Series 4

Should i be staying tuned for the inbetweeners?

Series 4

Cool, cheers. Well it is funny, if you like the awkward teen humour i suppose lol. Worth giving one episode a shot and if ya don't like it, don't watch it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What the F*** is with the mighty boosh?

I really dont get it at all.
    Usually i do, i mean, sometimes i can tell why a certain type of person would find something funny that i dont particularly get.

But that crap?
    Seriously? Why?!

What the F*** is with the mighty boosh?

I really dont get it at all.
    Usually i do, i mean, sometimes i can tell why a certain type of person would find something funny that i dont particularly get.

But that crap?
    Seriously? Why?!

Watched a few episodes of it and i just don't find it all that funny. Noel Fielding can be funny, like on never mind the buzzcocks or the weird guy in the IT crowd, but just never got into watching the boosh.

• Advertisement

Cool, cheers. Well it is funny, if you like the awkward teen humour i suppose lol. Worth giving one episode a shot and if ya don't like it, don't watch it :)

Seen ads for it and it looked funny, so i'll try the one episode.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tis quite funny yes

Dunno if youve seen this years xmas episode but they build up to the last scene brilliantly. Well worth a look.

Series 4

I can see the inbetweeners getting quite stale and fast.

Its a good show, its quite original-ish, well it is for british tv.
    But the writers and producers seem to be just going for the obvious scenarios in the last few episodes.

Dunno if youve seen this years xmas episode but they build up to the last scene brilliantly. Well worth a look.

Was that the one with the lenord nemoy napkin?

Bloody hillarious episode. (if that is the one your referring :P)

Was that the one with the lenord nemoy napkin?

Bloody hillarious episode. (if that is the one your referring :P)

and about 10 gift baskets for Penny in return :pac: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Only comedy worth a hoot these days imo is Outnumbered. Those kids are amazing, especially the little girl.

and about 10 gift baskets for Penny in return :pac: lol

I'm quite happy to think that my 2000th post is in reply to one of my favorite tv shows.
    What i love about Big Bang Theory is the same reason to why i loved Frasier too.
    The dialogue is very intelligent but its still understandable, so you can laugh because you think you know exactly what they are on about.

I'm quite happy to think that my 2000th post is in reply to one of my favorite tv shows.
    What i love about Big Bang Theory is the same reason to why i loved Frasier too.
    The dialogue is very intelligent but its still understandable, so you can laugh because you think you know exactly what they are on about.

I am so tempted to delete a really old post, just to make you look silly ;)

Wasn't a huge fan of Frasier, but I get what your saying. Wolowitz reminds me of Quagmire though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Frasier is probably the best sit com that ever there was. Love it. However, I do think people say it is intelligent comedy a tad too freely. For me, Frasier is a farce. The storyline, while more often than not very funny, are utterly stupid and are a parody of themselves.

I don't know. Its late

Best ever Frasier scene is Niles' silent effort. Great stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement