Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

gimmick wrote: »
    I am serious, I am just also semi retarded when it comes to these things.

Ok. All you have to do is go to the search bar in itunes store. If you know the name of the podcast (E.g Joe Rogan Experience) just type it in. The podcast should come up and you click on the podcast.

If you want one episode just click get episode, if you want all future episodes click subscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I am serious, I am just also semi retarded when it comes to these things.

Era, don't worry about it. Go to the iTunes store and type in the name of the podcast you want to get. From here, you can download 1 single episode or as many as you want. You can also "subscribe" to the podcast. "Subscribing" to a podcast will automatically download the latest edition of the podcast when its available. When episodes are downloaded, they go straight into the Podcast's part of your iTunes library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

evolvewrestling.com are doing the 5 shows for $55. Think shipping is $11. Not a bad price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Just out of interest, how many of you guys subscribe to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter? And do you get your editions sent by post or e-mail?

I've never been a subscriber, but I did recently win a copy in a competition, and although it was a thoroughly enjoyable read, for me it would be just too much text to consume on a weekly basis.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how many of you guys subscribe to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter? And do you get your editions sent by post or e-mail?

I've never been a subscriber, but I did recently win a copy in a competition, and although it was a thoroughly enjoyable read, for me it would be just too much text to consume on a weekly basis.
    I'm a subscriber to the website but never read it TBH. Too long and dull for me personally but everybody else raves about it. Also more MMA than I'd want from what used to be soley rasslin. I don't care about a 3rd rate MMA show in Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

F*ck your Mitsubishi I've a haaaarse outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If you sign up do you get access to the archive? Or do they dole out old editions like a stingey drug dealer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If you sign up do you get access to the archive? Or do they dole out old editions like a stingey drug dealer!

You get the Observer from mid 2008 I think and they put up a back issues working from about late 91 every week. Up to around 1993 now I think.

You also get access to the Figure Four Newsletter and its archives from 2000ish.

If audio is your thing then the site is well worth the money. Lots of good stuff on it.

jaykhunter wrote: »

The archive is by far the best part of the subscription IMO, love reading the old Observers from the early 90's.

The ice outside here is unreal. I live on a hill in an estate and there are cars abandoned everywhere. Its crazy, and it is below freezing again tonight.

Novelty is long gone.

• Advertisement

Snow from yesterday morning is all the snow we have here :(

You obviously do not drive then I trust DB?

The ice outside here is unreal. I live on a hill in an estate and there are cars abandoned everywhere. Its crazy, and it is below freezing again tonight.

Novelty is long gone.

I'm sick of people going on about how great the snow it is. It was nice to look at for a day maybe, but in the real world its affecting people's livelihoods, businesses are suffering for it, people can't get to work, its a nightmare for emergency services etc etc. We're getting away with it so far up in Dublin but it wasa nightmare a few weeks back.

F*ck off snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Still no snow in Dublin but it's almighty cold.

Have to head home to Donegal in the morning where a foot of snow awaits. I ordered lots of stuff of asos for christmas gifts and when I checked the tracking on Friday it had been signed for by some randomer I didn't know. Turns out the roads where so bad that the delivery guy just left them in at the pharmacy ten minutes away cause they couldn't get anywhere near the house.

Novelty is long gone.

Tried to take the dog for a walk there (I'm up by the UCC), big mistake. It's so icy and we're meant to get more snow tonight/tomorrow

I walked our fella alright earlier, but we are lucky that we have a field close to the house where I can just leave him off the lead and let him run amok.

Whereabouts you live D2D? Glasheen I am guessing?

I walked our fella alright earlier, but we are lucky that we have a field close to the house where I can just leave him off the lead and let him run amok.

Whereabouts you live D2D? Glasheen I am guessing?

Close enough, I'm up by the Magazine Road

Id class that as Glasheen tbh. Sure Im only up the hill overlooking you.

Id class that as Glasheen tbh. Sure Im only up the hill overlooking you.

Up by the Lough??

Other way. I grew up in Togher though. Shanakiel now. Crossing the river is unforgiveable, but needs must and all that.

• Advertisement

Well done Tony Mc Coy on winning the BBC Sports Personality, consistently brilliant f0r so many years, good to see him get the credit he deserves.

Apprentice Final now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

flahavaj wrote: »
    Well done Tony Mc Coy on winning the BBC Sports Personality, consistently brilliant f0r so many years, good to see him get the credit he deserves.

Apprentice Final now.

Ap deserved it, second choice for me was yer wan Amy, anyone crazy enough to do the Skeleton deserved to win.

Who will win Apprentice?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Ap deserved it, second choice for me was yer wan Amy, anyone crazy enough to do the Skeleton deserved to win.

Who will win Apprentice?

I think Stella deserves it.

The funny thing is just how far ahead the UK candidtaes are ahead of the morons they got on Bill Cullen's version.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think Stella deserves it.

The funny thing is just how far ahead the UK candidates are ahead of the morons they got on Bill Cullen's version.

BBC1 v TV3 probably explains the difference!

You obviously do not drive then I trust DB?
    Have only me provisional license yet (although I only took the test a few months ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Apprentice Final now.
    I'm surprised Russia weren't announced winners TBH :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

that snow/ice is unreal.

Took me an hour or so to get home about 8km.

A few years ago i had the chance to buy a snowboard for €50. Ive been snowboarding a few times but didnt see the need to get one, thought "where am i going to go, in the muck?"

Regretting that decision now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

5000-posts-layout.jpg
    5000pbadge.png&t=1
    5000.PNG

And so on and so forth.
    :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was just having a look at the soccer boards awards nominations thread and noticed Kess73's post below:
    A toss up between FLAHAVAJ, SlickRic, LZ5by5, Helix and Bounty Hunter. It was tough even to bring it down to five as there are some great posters on here.

As I showed by him getting a vote from me in the same catagory I respect the guys opinion in general and love how according to him 4/5 best posters on the soccer forum are PW regulars (the other being a Villa fan so he must be alright :pac:)

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Also Flah seems a cert to take home the most improve poster award in that thing. gowan the PW :pac:

wonder am i over using Pacman... +1 post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement