Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gimmick wrote: »
    I thought the 2 man power trip was that guy who posted pictures of me on other forums and Orestes? I just wish the latter would post me back the book I loaned to him about 15 months ago :rolleyes:

think it was me & him, though tbh it probably would have suited them a bit better.

I call Carl if that is us now...seems a tad less gay
    wiki wrote:
    Lenny's hero worship of Carl has reached a mounting point. In "Half-Decent Proposal", it's shown he carved Carl's face on a mountain, and called it Mount Carlmore. He later leaves a burning oil field, only because Carl arrived.[34] On one occasion, the residents of Springfield see the stars, and see deep within their hearts and souls; Lenny sees Carl's face in the stars (Carl also sees himself there).[35] Lenny publishes a newspaper called The Lenny-Saver with the headline: "The Truth About Carl: He's Great." After displaying this, he sheds a tear and states that "it had to be told."

CMpunked wrote: »
    Sorry BH, if it makes you feel any better i can compare you two to the MCMG.
    I still cant tell them two apart!

tbh my mellowing out the past year and a half or so is pretty accurate. Im not old but id swear i rarelly go out, swear etc these days, im all nice and quiet now... it sucks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I call Carl if that is us now...seems a tad less gay

do you not find his bromance.. endearing? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

But I would never have considered you a "power trip mod". Read from that what you will.

Anyway, those of you who are booking time off work, check out the fact that Easter and May Bank Holiday weekends are consecutive. 11 days off for the price of 4.

do you not find his bromance.. endearing? :p

tis indearing but if its bromance im looking for id proably look towards the Scrubs pairing imo

• Advertisement

But I would never have considered you a "power trip mod". Read from that what you will.

Anyway, those of you who are booking time off work, check out the fact that Easter and May Bank Holiday weekends are consecutive. 11 days off for the price of 4.

think it mighta had something to do with Orestes and his banhammer planning a heel turn for me though tbh i cant remember at all.

hmmph im not happy, only now realise that Chinese new year is much shorter than usual this year, think i only get like 6 days off for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No, no, no, no, no, NO

Scrubs, while started out half decent, descended to crap. JD has to be one of the worst character progressions that ever happened. Seriously, a complete weener. So I defo bags not him.

No, no, no, no, no, NO

Scrubs, while started out half decent, descended to crap. JD has to be one of the worst character progressions that ever happened. Seriously, a complete weener. So I defo bags not him.

Your right.
    Scrubs started great, but overtime i couldnt help feel that the only reason Turk is likable is because he is best buds with the main character.
    But hey, that show was never for the characters emotional bonds and story arcs...

(nsfw) Scrubs appeal

No, no, no, no, no, NO

even though id kinda agree chocolate bear im one of those people who finds it very hard to stop watching a show i used to enjoy, I even watched the Interns season which was garbage and essentially had two JDs as one of the new characters was a female JD, narrating along in her head the innane thoughts she had etc.

hmmm how many duos are there:

Pinky and the brain? nah nobody will want to be Pinky. NARF!
    Batman & Robin? see above swap pinky for Robin. NARF!

hmm maybe stick to the wrestling theme, how about co-GMs SCSA & Bischoff? I call Austin since I was part of the power trip... you know without tripping on power and whatnot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

With all this talk on Mods, I've always wondered, who actually decides the successors, and is there any sort of job description outlined beforehand etc? How official is the title like.

• Advertisement

With all this talk on Mods, I've always wondered, who actually decides the successors, and is there any sort of job description outlined beforehand etc? How official is the title like.

well its a combined effort. Last time Orestes left me a very short list of names that he thought would be good replacements for him. However due to one not being interested in taking the position and one failing the next step, (Admin approval) I had to actually think of a suitable candidate myself. First man I thought of is my current co-mod.

so altyhough it aint always the case usually an outgoing mod might suggest his replacement. Before any offer of modship is made candidates are asked if they would consider the position. If the top choice is up for it, the admins are then asked to ok that person and after that to appoint them.

Although iirc I was the only person approached when I was made mod but then again im Awesome :cool::pac:

Kayfabe is broken at last.

Jesus..Just looking at my posts. Since I've been off facebook, 36 posts in 4 days. Boards is receiving virtually all of my internet attention. I'll be interested to see how many posts I'll make this year. I started with 1427.

Kayfabe is broken at last.

Jesus..Just looking at my posts. Since I've been off facebook, 36 posts in 4 days. Boards is receiving virtually all of my internet attention. I'll be interested to see how many posts I'll make this year. I started with 1427.

I'd say at least 2,000!

Just had a quick look at the PS top 50 and Devitt got number 4!
    Is it wrong I've never seen the lad? :(
    Someone post a vid in the vids thread for me (and anyone else) who hasn't seen him yet?
    Sheamus placed 41 also. Not bad. Not brilliant. Pretty meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Seeing as how we're talking about mods, what about Bombidol? Where does he be hiding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Voltwad wrote: »
    Seeing as how we're talking about mods, what about Bombidol? Where does he be hiding?

I'm convinced he's a ninja. He's too clever to be caught lurking.

Anyone with a decent knowledge of maths, help would be appreciated.

Bulmers + A VERY bad dose of Man Flu = ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Anyone with a decent knowledge of maths, help would be appreciated.

Bulmers + A VERY bad dose of Man Flu = ?

Well the Man Flu would normally be categorised at the constant, and the Bulmers will be classed as a variable, as it's possible to consume ridiculously high amounts of this delicious beverage on any given evening.

It's a tough one, maybe someone else can crunch the numbers and come to a better conclusion, but my solution is to spend 5 solid days here-

Knotch-Platform-Bed.jpg

Charisteas wrote: »
    Well the Man Flu would normally be categorised at the constant, and the Bulmers will be classed as a variable, as it's possible to consume ridiculously high amounts of this delicious beverage on any given evening.

It's a tough one, maybe someone else can crunch the numbers and come to a better conclusion, but my solution is to spend 5 solid days here-

Knotch-Platform-Bed.jpg

That bed looks incredible.

Yep, enough room for three people, another viable solution to your math problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I can imagine walking into the wooden parts in the dark and stubbing my toe around the bottom parts. I would refuse to own such a bed.

• Advertisement

I've wanted one of those low frame beds for a while now. They look way cooler than the standard bed.

Cant wait for the Arsenal City match tonight. Hope Arsenal hammer them.

I've wanted one of those low frame beds for a while now. They look way cooler than the standard bed.

Cant wait for the Arsenal City match tonight. Hope Arsenal hammer them.

Fancy Arsenal to win it 1-0, as long as Wenger starts with the same 11 that started against Birmingham. After tonight for Arsenal, it's cup games against Leeds and Ipswich, so no rotation required tonight.

City are missing Silva and Balotelli, Adebayor has disappeared, so I fancy city to play 4-5-1, pack the midfield, and play for a draw.

I have to work tonight though :mad: so im gonna try to avoid the score and watch it when i get home.

I hope for my fantasy football team's stake that Nasri gets an assist/goal combo. And chelsea hit form.

I scored a role in a student short where i play a westie/ira drug runner within a gang.
    I was told dress whatever way i think for the part but i have no idea other than a trenchcoat i have lying around and a pair of jeans.

Anyone able to suggest anything else? i tried looking for photos online but needless to say the only reference point i have is the sopranos. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I scored a role in a student short where i play a westie/ira drug runner within a gang.
    I was told dress whatever way i think for the part but i have no idea other than a trenchcoat i have lying around and a pair of jeans.

Anyone able to suggest anything else? i tried looking for photos online but needless to say the only reference point i have is the sopranos. :pac:

brits out sign with a celtic jersey is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I hope for my fantasy football team's stake that Nasri gets an assist/goal combo. And chelsea hit form.

yeah how'd that work out for ya?! ;)

it didnt.. thankfully young coleman put in a stellar performance. Cechs out now. Cole is going next week. Gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dominic Monaghan and Elijah Wood (LOTR) were in the Wash last night anyone see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dominic Monaghan and Elijah Wood (LOTR) were in the Wash last night anyone see them

In cork??

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dominic Monaghan

Charlie from lost? :eek:
    i'd love to meet him. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement