Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

We can take some positives from that first half (we're playing much better than we have all season etc..) but that tackle from Gerrard was just stupid. You can't lunge in 2 footed. That was a dive from Berbatov to get the penalty, he could've easily stayed on his feet.

I really hate Beglin on commentary:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

CMpunked wrote: »
    Was all the responses the same?
    Like the amount of money the same in your mans wallet etc?

yup, all done to perfection......the vinegar stunt was sickening!!! pretty much played out the exact same as on tele, the tamborine and paper flying everywhere the whole shebang! only problem was the guy who done word disassociation in the grand canal was a mongoloid, and didnt have a clue wtf was going on, and kept stalling on answers!!

same gags as on tele too, so its a well drilled show alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So the guy in the crowd had the same amount of money in the gran canal as the guy on the telly?

Did you find yourself standing up? Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 the chief stands alone.

l'pool vs UTD

Stephen Kelly played out of his skin was everywhere on the pitch I was chuffed with his performance watching MC vs Leister now the difference in midfield is depressing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

His name isn't Stephen Kelly. He plays for Fulham. His name is Martin Kelly. Liverpool were very poor. Got the usual amount of chances an away team gets at Old Trafford. Torres has been so poor this year. Gerrard deserved the red card though.

Hoping Leyton Orient win the FA Cup at this stage.

• Advertisement

So the guy in the crowd had the same amount of money in the gran canal as the guy on the telly?

Did you find yourself standing up? Haha.

cant remember if it was the same amount, but it still worked a treat....

didnt find myself standing but defo felt a twitch in my legs while the sound was playing......all i can describe it being like was like a tremor in a earthquake.....and the ringing bell to clear your mind after is the most disgusting soudn you would ever hear.....try fire alarm x 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

He stuck me and my brother to our seats anyway! Remember that one?

yeah i remember it well....im sick, none of it works on me!!

maybe im not that responsive......well thats the excuse il use anyway!

He stuck me and my brother to our seats anyway! Remember that one?

that was one of the most surreal experiences i have ever felt. Sitting in my sitting room, home alone, just made a cup of tea.
    Sat down and done what he said to do and i could not pull myself forward to pick the cup off the table in front of me. I made the tea purposely to give me something to reach to.
    So weird!

jossnjuice, reason i ask is i am incredibly intrigued by everything he does. Got his books and everything.
    Some things i can piece together how he does it through knowing techniques etc.
    But some are baffling.
    So i was thinking, taking the money amount the guy had in his pockets/wallet, if that was the same amount of money as the televised show, would indicate that somehow that amount was planted on him and the number planted on the girl beforehand.

If it was a different amount then he must have known how much the guy had on him and then planted that amount in the girls mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

that was one of the most surreal experiences i have ever felt. Sitting in my sitting room, home alone, just made a cup of tea.
    Sat down and done what he said to do and i could not pull myself forward to pick the cup off the table in front of me. I made the tea purposely to give me something to reach to.
    So weird!

jossnjuice, reason i ask is i am incredibly intrigued by everything he does. Got his books and everything.
    But some are baffling.
    So i was thinking, taking the money amount the guy had in his pockets/wallet, if that was the same amount of money as the televised show, would indicate that somehow that amount was planted on him and the number planted on the girl beforehand.

If it was a different amount then he must have known how much the guy had on him and then planted that amount in the girls mind.

I like him as well, I find him fascinating. I like magic and card tricks in general, its good to see its having a bot of a revival on telly lately.

• Advertisement

So weird!

But some are baffling.

I was cracking up laughing! absolutely mad! What are his books like?

I was cracking up laughing! absolutely mad! What are his books like?

His books are quite quite heavy to read. Well maybe more so the first one.
    He teaches a few techniques that someone can use on a daily basis, stuff like remembering lists and how to read people and that, very cool stuff.
    But i found myself reading a few pages twice just so i was sure i didnt miss a point when some bits didnt work.
    Its been a while since i read his first, must break it out again.

The amount of stuff he knows is unreal. Like the psychology, the magic showman side, the ability to plant an idea in someones mind so when later down the line they think that this idea was their own and it isnt, all that stuff is so layered that you never know where it has come from when he actually does the trick.

One cool technique he teaches is a very simple way to "mind read" by telling someone to pick a number between one and ten but to say "Ok pick one of these numbers that i am about to say:
    "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10."
    Now you can influence a person to chose a particular number by leaving a larger gap of time (about half a breath extra) before that particular number.

For example: 1, 2, 3.. 4, 5, 6 and so on.
    Repeat and then ask the person do they have a number.
    They will say yes.
    Then ask them to repeat it back to you in the same fashion, 1 to 10 and then again. Tell them you will be able to read their mind when they say the number out loud.
    The first time round they should take a similar break in time before saying 4.
    When they say four the second time, stop them and tell them its 4.

A really cool follow up trick is if you say to them that they gave it away too easily and that you want to try again but this time think of a different number.
    go through the numbers one to ten again, leaving a gap before another number then tell them your going to turn around so you cant even see the person when they are saying the numbers back.

That second one is great for someone who might suggest that you have just been looking for them to blink, or squeeze their fists, nod their head etc

i got the book "tricks of the mind" and its a fairley heavy read alright....

should really try the memory techniques for college but just havent got around to it.......

i decide this less than 48 hours before my first exam in my masters.......good time planning skills i must say!!

love all his stuff, have all the dvds etc.......

definitely reccomend the next time he's touring.....theres just something about seeing it for yourself and before the reveal appears on tele.....

and heres the kicker, ladys and gents, the medallion worked here too....

cant figure that one for the life of me, without it being a plant.....but i beleive its not!!

jossnjuice wrote: »
    and heres the kicker, ladys and gents, the medallion worked here too....

cant figure that one for the life of me, without it being a plant.....but i beleive its not!!

It must have been a slight of hand trick.
    What makes me think so is that he asked the grandparents name before it was opened.

Heh, look at Post of the Day for today.

*Pats self on back.*:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »

Congrats son!
    But watch out, MT Cranium wont be happy!...

Is that just determined by thanks?

Aye I think so.

I think so.
    Im sure there are more conditions than just that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Wheres that now?

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Wheres that now?

Top left of the screen if you click on the little boards.ie dropdown menu it should be in there. Beside the little adverts.ie one.

The post by twinsen?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    The post by twinsen?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69971177&postcount=1

Not the wittiest thing ever, twas only yer mans pure stupidity more than anything.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69971177&postcount=1

Not the wittiest thing ever, twas only yer mans pure stupidity more than anything.

Ho ho the bauld flahavaj is too cute to be playin them games begorah

Wahey, name change went through. No more gender mix ups for me now...hopefully.

D.Q wrote: »
    Wahey, name change went through. No more gender mix ups for me now...hopefully.

You mean your not a chick?!
    :p

Think i might change my name sometime too.
    i miss being a subber.

Sick of PMs from people that I know wouldnt be half as friendly if it had of been diesel king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

I lurk other boards about wrasslin', as some of you know. Saw this thread: http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/res/1194750.php

Don't want to follow the link? This pic should tell all:

1294629534241.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone been watching Boardwalk Empire? It is HBOs latest ratings grabber? Top notch I have to say. Steve Buscemi is a great actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

gimmick wrote: »
    Anyone been watching Boardwalk Empire? It is HBOs latest ratings grabber? Top notch I have to say. Steve Buscemi is a great actor.

A lad in work has them downloaded and wont shut up about the show so im getting a copy of them off him. He showed me one scene with some cracking bird get dressed by that Irish house worker women. That was enough to persuade me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement