Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Doing exams at the minute so I was proper happy when I got an email saying I got tickets to Dave's One Night Stand gig at the Olympia.

Not so happy when I realised it was Jason Byrne who was headlining.
    Milton Jones supporting so it's not that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The dog has pissed on the wii (no pun intended), the controllers and a few DVDs. I had to restain myself from throwing the fúcker into the washing machine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wouldn't throw the Wii in the washing Machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    The dog has pissed on the wii (no pun intended), the controllers and a few DVDs. I had to restain myself from throwing the fúcker into the washing machine.

A wee on the Wii.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

You might say it was a WEE on the ...

Wait flah got there ahead of me.
    Nicely done. :)

What dvds were they? Anything of any major importance?

• Advertisement

Sopranos season 1, have not gone through the rest. The discs are ok, but the cover is destroyed. I would not mind so much only it is a borrow from a buddy.

And I said no pun intended :(

Sopranos season 1 is the second best season IMO.

Anybody watch or hear anything about ESPN's 30 for 30 series of documentaries? Downloaded all of them in a torrent last night and once my exams are done I plan to get through them all. Some of them look savage interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_for_30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

any of ye ever jailbreak an ipod touch? thoughts?

D.Q wrote: »

Personally, i dont think its worth it.

Havent done it yet, dont think I will be, although the idea of emulators is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

chordtype wrote: »

Anybody watch or hear anything about ESPN's 30 for 30 series of documentaries? Downloaded all of them in a torrent last night and once my exams are done I plan to get through them all. Some of them look savage interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_for_30

Watched around 10 of them, they're excellent to watch. My fav is between Without Bias, June 17 1994 and Small Potatoes.

I have no idea what that even means.:o

flahavaj wrote: »
    I have no idea what that even means.:o

Feel privileged so.

DQ, jailbreaking used to be great when everyone used to have the whole argument of "Oh apple is just holding back all the great stuff"..
    But now everything is possible.
    Emulators are cool but run down the battery something shocking.

Get past this man first.

3385920_5865c1a0-919f-4a64-9d06-c670bd09eeb7-alexander-mahone.jpg

Watched around 10 of them, they're excellent to watch. My fav is between Without Bias, June 17 1994 and Small Potatoes.

June 17 sounds like it's phenomenal. Amazed that so much stuff happened on the same day.

Get past this man first.

Get these 2 to help and you'll be fine

2009110616175344.jpg
    June 17 sounds like it's phenomenal. Amazed that so much stuff happened on the same day.

The best thing about that is that it's just footage taken from all American TV networks, no narration

But you can always shake him off with this guy:
    ricky_bobby-1.jpg

God i hope someone gets that joke!

CMpunked wrote: »
    ricky_bobby-1.jpg

Shake'n'Bake:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Get past this man first.

Just for the record, and cause i'm bored, there was also a WWF house show on this day.

WWF @ Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Arena - June 17, 1994 (4,000)
    The 1-2-3 Kid defeated Kwang
    WWF Women's Champion Alundra Blayze defeated Luna Vachon
    Jeff Jarrett defeated Doink the Clown
    Lex Luger defeated Crush
    IRS defeated Tatanka via disqualification
    Yokozuna defeated Typhoon
    WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Owen Hart

Shake'n'Bake:pac:

I have a tee shirt lying around that has this printed on it:
    shake%20n%20bake%20shirt%20zoom%20copy.jpg&t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Whole week of new Shameless on Channel 4 :cool: Frank and Mrs Doyle getting hitched bet they will have a paaaaaaaaaaaaaarty

• Advertisement

I saw Mrs Doyle's boobies tonight... not bad either... I think... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

CMpunked wrote: »
    ricky_bobby-1.jpg

I actually took that as a blades of glory reference (he played jon heders dad)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sounds like FF want Cowen out as leader could happen today at 3pm if radio reports are true now who take over Michael Martin perhaps :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sounds like FF want Cowen out as leader could happen today at 3pm if radio reports are true now who take over Michael Martin perhaps :rolleyes:

Out of interest, why :rolleyes:? Who in that party would be a more suitable leader? Whoever it will be take over as a lamb to the slaughter regardless. But I would have that that Martin is one of the best possible candidates to take over. Himself or Hannafin.

Is this all over him and that game of golf?

They would be silly to oust him now. They're gonna be slaughtered at the next election regardless of who's in charge. Why bring in a new leader now who'll then have to endure a massive defeat as their first act as leader. They should keep him in, fight the election and get rid of him afterwards, and put the defeat doen to him. then the new incumbant at least can make a fresh start and not have to bear responsibility for what will be an inevitable meltdown at the polls either way.

What I can't wait for is the inevitable decimation of the Greens. What a bunch of snivelling cowards.

Well i for one would rather him outed before any election.

Last thing i want is seeing his big ogre like mug hanging off telephone poles for weeks! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

They would be silly to oust him now. They're gonna be slaughtered at the next election regardless of who's in charge. Why bring in a new leader now who'll then have to endure a massive defeat as their first act as leader. They should keep him in, fight the election and get rid of him afterwards, and put the defeat doen to him. then the new incumbant at least can make a fresh start and not have to bear responsibility for what will be an inevitable meltdown at the polls either way.

What I can't wait for is the inevitable decimation of the Greens. What a bunch of snivelling cowards.
    They could take a leaf out of Raw's book and deploy a Mystery Taoiseach :pac:

• Advertisement

Agree with all this. The only problem I have with the greens being decimated is that the Shinners will do very well.

I wonder will Cowan even go for re election? The whole golf gate, be it as innocent as he says or not, is the latest black eye from which he can never recover.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement