Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think ive asked this before but,

Anyone have any idea who we Should vote when the time comes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    Agree with all this. The only problem I have with the greens being decimated is that the Shinners will do very well.

I wonder will Cowan even go for re election? The whole golf gate, be it as innocent as he says or not, is the latest black eye from which he can never recover.

Yeah they're going to do very well, probably their best ever run. Polling at 14% at the moment. Not bad for a party with no real policies of substance on anything at all really.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ The thing about that is they do not have enough candidates to actually mirror that come election time. The Shinner in my constituency is expected to romp home. I know the guy and he is a decent fella, but he is a pot hole filler. Good for the local community as a councillor, but no way could he do a job at a national level.
    CMpunked wrote: »
    I think ive asked this before but,

Anyone have any idea who we Should vote when the time comes?
    Silly question as no one should dictate to you who you should vote for, nor should you allow someone dictate to you. You need to see who you think can do the best job for you at a national level.

Silly question as no one should dictate to you who you should vote for, nor should you allow someone dictate to you. You need to see who you think can do the best job for you at a national level.

Thats fair enough but i didnt mean to sound like i was asking who should i vote for. I was just curious to know who people think are worthy enough to get their vote.

Im not asking for anyone to convince me. :)

I am not too much into party politics, but one thing I would hope everyone does is make sure they do not vote for anyone who has been involved in the current regime, be it a quiet FF back bencher, a Green or an Independent who tows the Governemt line like Healy Rae and his ilk.

• Advertisement

like Healy Rae and his ilk.

00030-rargle.jpg

Just realised i managed to get post of the day.
    Awesome. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'd be inclined to vote for whoever will just let Anglo fail. **** that like. Theres been enough suffering for the common man the last few years, I wouldnt mind seeing the rich get a bit of a sting instead for a change.

I am not too much into party politics, but one thing I would hope everyone does is make sure they do not vote for anyone who has been involved in the current regime, be it a quiet FF back bencher, a Green or an Independent who tows the Governemt line like Healy Rae and his ilk.

I hate to put down a good culchie, but his involvement in Irish politics sums up verything thats wrong with the Irish political system in the laste few years. I don't blame him for doing the best for his local people and for holding the government to do so, I blame the system for allowing it to happen. As gimmick said, people elected to the Dail should be there tomserve the whole country. Healy Rae has done nothing for anyone outside the Kerry border in his life. Thats not the way things should be. It took us getting a minister in Waterford before we got a second bridge over the Suir and a decent road to Dublin - again, thats not the way things should be.

The whole system needs to be reformed. For a start, abolish the Seanad, secondly cut the number of TD's in half.

I also think the Minister for Finance should be someone with a backgroud in economics. How in the name of God an we have people making the decisions on the economy we hae had without a good groundingt in the topic. Similarly the Minister for Health should have some background in the Health Service, in particular in Public Health. Simple basic stuff that would make a difference IMO.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I also think the Minister for Finance should be someone with a backgroud in economics. How in the name of God an we have people making the decisions on the economy we hae had without a good groundingt in the topic. Similarly the Minister for Health should have some background in the Health Service, in particular in Public Health. Simple basic stuff that would make a difference IMO.

Could not agree more!

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to vote for whoever will just let Anglo fail. **** that like. Theres been enough suffering for the common man the last few years, I wouldnt mind seeing the rich get a bit of a sting instead for a change.

That boat has sailed though? The toxicity of Anglo has crept in now and it cannot be reversed. Or am I wrong here? If I am, I agree entirely.
    The whole system needs to be reformed. For a start, abolish the Seanad, secondly cut the number of TD's in half.

Abolish the Seanad by all means. Not sure what purpose it serves. Enda has said he will reduce the number of TDs, but I cannot see that many turkeys voting for Christmas. The amount of TDs we have is scandalous, and their pensions are a frigging joke as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I can't think about it anymore. Its just reached such a shameful level of ineptitude and incompetence that I actually get too anxious thinking about it. Being in any way part of the same nation as those complete gob****es makes me feel ill.

As far as who I'm voting for. I won't be. No one deserves my vote. I think we should start again. Let professionals in certain fields make the national decisions in those fields. Completely agree with flahavaj on that.

Not once have I said, yeah, i could support that guy. They all just seem so useless and uninspired. Happy to collect their cheques and expenses.

Well if you are not going to vote, you can really not have an opinion on anything one way or other. And dont give me this "the right to vote is the right not to vote", because that is frankly a load of crap.

That's not true though is it. My opinion forms my decision not to vote. As soon as I am presented with a viable alternative to the shower of chancers in the dail then I will vote.

Im not going to vote for someone I dont support, simply so I can have the right to an opinion in some peoples eyes.

There are plenty viable alternatives out there. This conception that they are all gangsters and clueless idiots is plain wrong. What if everyone took the same view as you, what would happen then? The sitting government remains. I know that is a ridiculous hypothetical, but the point remains. Stand still and the staus quo remains, move and you have a far better chance of something changing.

There are pelnty prgamatic, intelligent and proactive people ready to stand for the dail. I am sure one of them deserve a tick in the box by you come the electyion.

Remember, dont hate the players, hate the game.

That boat has sailed though? The toxicity of Anglo has crept in now and it cannot be reversed. Or am I wrong here? If I am, I agree entirely.

To be honest I'm not even sure myself. I gave up following the whole yoke before Xmas. I'm already emigrating cos of them *****, the last thing I wanted was Cowens fat thick head in my face for my last `few months in my beloved little isle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

To be honest I'm not even sure myself. I gave up following the whole yoke before Xmas. I'm already emigrating cos of them *****, the last thing I wanted was Cowens fat thick head in my face for my last `few months in my beloved little isle

where you off to? not following myself and Bubs are ya?

You are leaving? Where ya headed?

where you off to? not following myself and Bubs are ya?

Bangkok, heading off in early April. Seems all the best Irishmen are off to Asia! I cant wait to feck off now, tis wicked miserable here. Was supposed to be joining yourself in Taiwan but we had a change of plan. Bangkok it is. Off to all the half-n-halfs over there :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bangkok, heading off in early April. Seems all the best Irishmen are off to Asia! I cant wait to feck off now, tis wicked miserable here. Was supposed to be joining yourself in Taiwan but we had a change of plan. Bangkok it is. Off to all the half-n-halfs over there :pac:

cool havent actually been there yet myself but I'm sure youll have a blast. teaching English?

feel bad saying this but it brought a smile to my face seing Bubs say he cant see youtube in China... I can in Taiwan, and they think its part of china :pac:

• Advertisement

cool havent actually been there yet myself but I'm sure youll have a blast. teaching English?

feel bad saying this but it brought a smile to my face seing Bubs say he cant see youtube in China... I can in Taiwan, and they think its part of china :pac:

Yup, a friend of mine is over there already and he says its a doddle. Apparantly a well groomed white man will go very far teaching 4/5 years olds. Not jokin sayin that, he literally said its a case of presenting yourself well and it doesnt really matter how good a teacher you are after that. My aunt has been all over teachin and she was givin me tips over the xmas, it sounds like some fun. She was sayin that Thai kids love colloquialisms, that in itself was enough to get me over. The word "hello" wont exist in my version of the english language, I cant wait to for 20 thai kids to great my with "well boy" :pac:

have an absolute monster hangover today.

Charisteas wrote: »
    I highly recommend buying and Blu-Ray or DVD player with a USB port. Much more quicker and convenient than using blank DVD's.
    Job, so it is worth buying then?
    CMpunked wrote: »
    At that price, absolutely.
    :D

Bought it. I like the streaming option from the laptop.

Bought it. I like the streaming option from the laptop.

When I was reading the spec that was a feature which I didn't know if it was capable of doing or you would've had to but something extra to make it work.

Glad your happy with it.

I actually seen that model in xtravision yesterday for 220 so you know you got a good deal.

Cool to hear you've something going Ger, hope it all works well for you. :)
    Loads of Irish seem to be heading to Asia these days haha.
    My best mate has left after being back for Christmas since being in hong kong since last year.
    Says it's mad crack.

http://www.samsung.com/us/system/consumer/product/2010/02/20/bd_c5500xaa/6008_BD_C5500_V1.pdf

The delivery from this crowd is €17 less that pixmania, so went for it here. Woop. I think it has all those things anyway. I am crap with technology, so will prob need a buddy to come up and install it.

45678_thumbzoom.jpg

Anyone hear about Tipp's new corner forward? Heard he's a bit nippy. Eoin Kelly would want to lay off the pies.

Yup, a friend of mine is over there already and he says its a doddle. Apparantly a well groomed white man will go very far teaching 4/5 years olds. Not jokin sayin that, he literally said its a case of presenting yourself well and it doesnt really matter how good a teacher you are after that. My aunt has been all over teachin and she was givin me tips over the xmas, it sounds like some fun. She was sayin that Thai kids love colloquialisms, that in itself was enough to get me over. The word "hello" wont exist in my version of the english language, I cant wait to for 20 thai kids to great my with "well boy" :pac:

My heart is broken. The country will be f*cked without you.:(

45678_thumbzoom.jpg

Anyone hear about Tipp's new corner forward? Heard he's a bit nippy. Eoin Kelly would want to lay off the pies.

"What are usain boy?"

My heart is broken. The country will be f*cked without you.:(

You can thank FF for that now. Never mind the banks, they've caused Gerard.C to have to move abroad. They're no better than the tans

• Advertisement

Does anyone else have little brothers? Around 12-13?
    Spends alllll day on xbox live on call of duty?
    Has people he talks to online and then ends up speaking in their dialect?

WRECKING MY HEAD!!

I have no problem with english people, im going out with one of them ffs.
    But every now and again his voice will go into this little impromptu southern england twang.
    :mad::mad::mad:

[/rant]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement