Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

flahavaj wrote: »
    45678_thumbzoom.jpg

Anyone hear about Tipp's new corner forward? Heard he's a bit nippy. Eoin Kelly would want to lay off the pies.
    The new Aisake :pac:

Please don't leave us Ger C ( Unless you take the Mahers and Lar with ya :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

D.Q wrote: »
    have an absolute monster hangover today.

uggh. *Must learn from mistakes*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

uggh. *Must learn from mistakes*

No better place when your feeling woof, than in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Went to see the film "127 Hours" there last night, pretty good film, for anyone that doesn't know it its a true story about the climber that got trapped under a rock a few years ago and had to make the decision between cutting his arm off to escape or dying alone in the desert. Some pretty sick scenes in it, but definitely recommended.

goin to see that with the missus on thursday, wasn't too sure about it.

• Advertisement

goin to see that with the missus on thursday, wasn't too sure about it.

Well worth a look, ver well done. I thought I'd be bored but it flies by.

yeah that's exactly what I thought, didn't think it could hold my attention.

On another note, I had a dream that I was first up in the next round of the draft. Came on here all excited and found out that it was in fact, just a dream.

Liverpool have gotten so terrible in every way. They are the closest football club to being known as a jobber.

And Torres is over-rated ****e. Even modern day Michael Owen has the odd good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

He's a great finisher but he's got no service at Liverpool, the midfield is shocking. He would be banging in 25 a season at Arsenal, Chelsea or Man United.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

yeah that's exactly what I thought, didn't think it could hold my attention.

On another note, I had a dream that I was first up in the next round of the draft. Came on here all excited and found out that it was in fact, just a dream.

Ha I had the same kinda dream! The night I drew 12th I went to sleep and woke up after dreaming I had gotten last place. In my dream I was going over who would be left by the end of the round who would suit my roster.
    Woke up all miffed because I was last.
    Then seen I wasn't and felt like a tit.

I still feel like a tit cos someone said you know your going a bit draft mad when you start having dreams about the feckin yolk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

CMpunked wrote: »
    Ha I had the same kinda dream! The night I drew 12th I went to sleep and woke up after dreaming I had gotten last place. In my dream I was going over who would be left by the end of the round who would suit my roster.
    Woke up all miffed because I was last.

Then seen I wasn't and felt like a tit.

I still feel like a tit cos someone said you know your going a bit draft mad when you start having dreams about the feckin yolk.

That's my reality atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Watched 127 hours a couple of weeks ago. Great film. Didn't get boring once which was amazing for a 90 minute film with 95percent of the scenes with just one person and very little dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why are we paying motor tax - the roads are in an awful state some bloody huge potholes on them encountered loads driving over the weekend :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Is Vince Russo booking Irish Politics? Biffo is swerving left right and centre in the last couple of weeks.

And now his best friend is challenging him for the title leadership.
    :pac:

Garseys wrote: »
    Is Vince Russo booking Irish Politics, Biffo is swerving left right and centre the last couple of weeks.

And now his best friend is challenging him for the title leadership.
    :pac:

Loser leaves Raw, The party.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Loser leaves Raw, The party.

He never had the "look" to be the champion. I fully expect him to drop the belt next week and return to the midcard where he belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I wonder if a de-facto FF will appear on Smackdown with Biffo leading them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

finally Villa are showing ambition in the transfer market Makoun coming from a CL team and a record transfer on a striker who love em or hate him he scores goals. 5m bid in for Adam too, Villa's season can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I thought that Makoun is a defensive midfielder, which would be a decent signing for Villa because they never really replaced Milner and Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    I thought that Makoun is a defensive midfielder, which would be a decent signing for Villa because they never really replaced Milner and Barry.

well yeah he is a more defensive minded CM and yeah exactly what we have needed along with a goalscorer

Makoun is being vastly over-rated. He's pretty much Kleberson with a reputation from the clinical Lyon team of 2 years ago.

Adam would be a great signing.

Cowan survives. Good, they'll get even more of a hammering in the election now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    Cowan survives. Good, they'll get even more of a hammering in the election now.

They can hold off Mary Harney singing for another few weeks so. It'll be over then alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What was the margin? I actually do not understand why Martin stood up at this stage. It was literally lose lose.

gimmick wrote: »
    What was the margin? I actually do not understand why Martin stood up at this stage. It was literally lose lose.

Not sure, they just reported it it in the last few minutes of the 9 o' clock news as it happened.

gimmick wrote: »

They are not saying. The only people who know are the 'tellers'.
    And they arent allowed say who voted who.

Loada gay in my opinion.

Martin got out the better of this. If he jumps to a different party he will get the "Ah he tried to rid us of cowen, lets vote for him.."
    from all the older generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He will not jump party. That is a certainty. His seat is safe in Cork SC, but I cannot see him ever being in a position for leadership if he cannot oust such a lame duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I can see FF getting wiped off the Irish political map in the Election now. They'll keep their strongholds in Tipp and Cork but otherwise, I see the Shinners being a larger party than them!

• Advertisement

fierce quiet on here tonight anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement