Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    FF are still an extremely important part in Irish politics come what may.

Despite his FF ism, I like Martin, if for no other reason, his introduction of the smoking ban. because he's from Cork baaaaaaaiiiiii

That said, a polished shít is still a shít.

Fixed.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Fair play to Martin.
    He is going to have one hell of an uphill struggle. Wonder what way he is going to handle everything that came before him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well, not being from Cork should be considered a disability.
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Fair play to Martin.
    He is going to have one hell of an uphill struggle. Wonder what way he is going to handle everything that came before him.

He arguably has a clean slate. He cannot do worse than the previous two.

Well, not being from Cork should be considered a disability.

He arguably has a clean slate. He cannot do worse than the previous two.

I think he's tainted from the outset by the fact that he couldn't even oust Cowen, the worst leader his party has ever had in a secret ballot. Doesn't say much for him tbh.

That said, as gimmick said, his passion for pushing through the smoking ban, in the face of serious opposition is to his credit. We led the way for the rest of the world in making that decision.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I think he's tainted from the outset by the fact that he couldn't even oust Cowen, the worst leader his party has ever had in a secret ballot. Doesn't say much for him tbh.

It was a tainted secret ballot though. Had Cowen not made promises he could not keep, Martin would in all likelihood have won last weeks challenge. It would ahve also spared us the indignity of the farce that the last week in politics became.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

this is awesome, my misses just said she was thinking of buying this for me some random day in the future.

I was having a sugar rush just watching that!!
    My teeth were aching at the same time mind.

Eating one of those with a knife and fork looks really wrong too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I was having a sugar rush just watching that!!
    My teeth were aching at the same time mind.

Eating one of those with a knife and fork looks really wrong too.

it all looks so wrong, so wrong it's right and I wouldnt mind putting myself through that even though i know i shouldent i def would :D

It'd look more appetising if it was one of those sugar coated sour ones tbh.

If there is anything nicer than a twix, it is a bag of mini twix. Simple pleasures.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If there is anything nicer than a twix, it is a bag of mini twix. Simple pleasures.

That is all.

Also a fan of the bags of mini-sweets. Especially those dairy milk caramels.

May I also go on record again of my utter and complete hatred for Real Madrid. I never thought I could hate a team more than I do Manyoo, but those fascists from Madrid are doing their best to take the mantle of the most despisable shower ever assembled. I hate everything about them and the fact they have the worlds most hateable player and manager is just by the way.

Typical.
    Here they bring out smaller variations of food stuffs as we are such an on-the-go and health concious. Whereas in America? Totally the other way around :P

May I also go on record again of my utter and complete hatred for Real Madrid. I never thought I could hate a team more than I do Manyoo, but those fascists from Madrid are doing their best to take the mantle of the most despisable shower ever assembled. I hate everything about them and the fact they have the worlds most hateable player and manager is just by the way.

Real play great football along with Barca every match. United, Liverpool and Chelsea haven't consistently done that all year.

BTW for the benefit of the doubt I'm a neutral fan.

I love Ronaldo and Jose tbh. Such a great pair of heels.

Real play great football every match.

No they do not. They play a really slow horrible counter attacking style which is almost impossible to watch.

And they just got a major rub of the green there against Sevilla. Never have I seen a side get so many decisions their way.

No they do not. They play a really slow horrible counter attacking style which is almost impossible to watch.

And they just got a major rub of the green there against Sevilla. Never have I seen a side get so many decisions their way.
    What? Are you watching the same team as I am? Madrid are bad at the back which always give the opposition a good chance of a win but their class always wins out. They play some of the best counter-attacking football of any team in the last 5 years.

Would rather watch Real/Barca than 90% of all European teams.

I very much am. They play a typical Jose style, a style which is a war of attrition. They have the players to be so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I love Jose and I really hope he replaces Fergie at Man U. They would be some combo. Like Flah said he is a heel. He's some craic to watch. I cant wait for fans to explode when The Special One becomes a Red Devil!

I very much am. They play a typical Jose style, a style which is a war of attrition. They have the players to be so much better.
    You could really say that about every Real team since they last won the Champion's League. Its a team that buckles under the strength of the best team ever IMO.

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I love Jose and I really hope he replaces Fergie at Man U. They would be some combo. Like Flah said he is a heel. He's some craic to watch. I cant wait for fans to explode when The Special One becomes a Red Devil!

Oh God I hope this happens. Imagine all the ABU's punching their mickies in anger.:pac:

I wouldn't be too worried about Real anyway gimmick bah, Barca are gonna do the treble again, no question.

Might be trite to say, but the only team who can stop Barca from doing so is Real. I hope someone else knocks them out of the CL, as I would hate for Barca to come up against a Jose side again. He wont take the same thumping ver again in his career. And as the CDR final is almost certainly a Clasico, I think Jose would have his boys built up something massive. What better way for them to end their drought, and get Jose his first trophy than beat Barca.

No doubt the final will be at the Bernabeu :rolleyes:

Might be trite to say, but the only team who can stop Barca from doing so is Real. I hope someone else knocks them out of the CL, as I would hate for Barca to come up against a Jose side again. He wont take the same thumping ver again in his career. And as the CDR final is almost certainly a Clasico, I think Jose would have his boys built up something massive. What better way for them to end their drought, and get Jose his first trophy than beat Barca.

No doubt the final will be at the Bernabeu :rolleyes:

Ye are much much better than them, their back four is cat, I don't care what their stats say. They haven't the players yet to compete agaisnt ye, it took him two summers to assemble a team good enough to win the CL at Inter. He'll reconstruct that back four in the Summer, all 4 of them are in danger as it stands. Ye'll eat them alive anytime ye play them again and a team with a good attack will do them in the CL.

I hope you are right, and maybe I am just being a touch pessimistic.

On a seperate note, finished series 1 of Boardwalk Empire last night. Great great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I hope you are right, and maybe I am just being a touch pessimistic.

On a seperate note, finished series 1 of Boardwalk Empire last night. Great great stuff.

I'm really looking forward to watching it in Sky Atlantic next week

Is that the one with steve buscemi?

Yes, Steve Buscemi and Kelly McDonald.

Some dude Michael Shannon, who plays the FBI prohibition officer steals the show for me though. An absolutely amazing character. He even looks like Rex Banner.

That looks amazing. Cant wait to see it.
    Steve buscemi is such an underrated actor imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

That looks amazing. Cant wait to see it.
    Steve buscemi is such an underrated actor imo!

ol crazy eyes is the man.

His stint in the Sopranos (Which is also starting next wednesday,thank you, thank you, thank you sky atlantic) is class as well.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    ol crazy eyes is the man.

His stint in the Sopranos (Which is also starting next wednesday,thank you, thank you, thank you sky atlantic) is class as well.

Apart from those two, and ignoring Entourage, is there anything else of note thats coming with sky atlantic?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement