Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think Barca would eat Manyoo alive.

I maintain the only team who truly worry me inthe CL are Real.

Delighted with tonights result, it has been coming for quite a while. Wonder what Jose has said about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

flahavaj wrote: »
    I fear United will be eaten alive in Europe tbh.

Don't take that as an insult, but you are making yourself look silly by even suggesting that a team that has the magnificent DARRON SHOOT GIBSON at their disposal will fail in the Champions League. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    I think Barca would eat Manyoo alive.

There's no one they wouldn't eat alive tbh. They made mincemeat of Real before, I genuinely don't think that was a one off. If Real are playing as badly as you say they have for quite some time then you really need not fear them, over 180 minutes of football. That back four is begging to be murdered again and will be.

I fear Jose. I can never ever write off a team of his. The possibility of a month of Clasicos in April is very real.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Fooking spurs. What a digrace today. They;ll be taken apart by Milan if they dont shape up quick smart!

• Advertisement

I fear Jose. I can never ever write off a team of his. The possibility of a month of Clasicos in April is very real.

Not much even he can do with those defenders. If he gets another Summer he might be able to straighten them out. he probably won't though. No way that Real team is the type or has the mentality to pull off the masterclass Inter did last season, which is what it woud take to put Barca out over two legs.

April could be a bloodbath. 23-0.:pac:

I just do not understand Reals mentality. If Jose is pushed/ does jump, who can replace him? They are a basket case. I hate them so much that it makes every victory over them so much sweeter.

I just do not understand Reals mentality. If Jose is pushed/ does jump, who can replace him? They are a basket case. I hate them so much that it makes every victory over them so much sweeter.

Rafa.:pac:

Haha. I would love to see that as well. He wouldn't last a week.

Haha. I would love to see that as well. He wouldn't last a week.

He'd get another £5-6 mill in payouts though.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

CMpunked wrote: »
    Whats the best Rage album to legally acquire?

So far all i have is a few songs off other albums.
    Bulls on parade, Testify, Guerrilla radio, Killing in the name.

They have no *greatest hits*, do they?

Self titled album is basically a greatest hits. And the battle of los angeles(think thats what its called) is also pretty great.

D.Q wrote: »
    Self titled album is basically a greatest hits. And the battle of los angeles(think thats what its called) is also pretty great.

Thanks man.

Any recommendations of bands with a similar style?
    Mainly a similar bass sound over the other instruments.
    Playing bass again, its bloody fun but my fingers are back to feeling like i have no skin. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

If youre looking for bass as a lead instrument, Primus have that sorted. Don't know if you know Primus or not, but their bassist/singer, les claypool is regarded as one of THE best. They wouldnt be too like rage though... Dont really know any bands that are, obviously audioslave haha.

above song features a guest vocal from Tom Waits (the song is kind of a tribute to him)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Thanks man.

Any recommendations of bands with a similar style?
    Mainly a similar bass sound over the other instruments.
    Playing bass again, its bloody fun but my fingers are back to feeling like i have no skin. :(

I'm not really a music fan, but I always thought that the vocalist of RATM sounds a lot like Chris Warren, vocalist to the DX, X-Pac, Vince McMahon, and Jack Swagger entrance songs.

Charisteas wrote: »
    I'm not really a music fan, but I always thought that the vocalist of RATM sounds a lot like Chris Warren, vocalist to the DX, X-Pac, Vince McMahon, and Jack Swagger entrance songs.

Wait.. thats NOT him?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Martin has brought Willie O'Dea :eek: Hanafin is his deputy leader

I <3 transfer deadline day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

flahavaj wrote: »
    I <3 transfer deadline day.

transfer deadline day, The Rumble, First pay day in a few months and the start of chinese new year all today :cool:

Liverpool are fkn nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They are saving a dull day by their retarded dealings.

ANDY REID IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0131/cowenb.html

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out Brian!

Unconfirmed rumours he is on his way to RAW to be revealed as the anonymous GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fernando Torres having medical before completing heel tur..........excuse me, transfer to Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Always thought Torres was over-rated. When he was on form he was great but he was injury-prone and rarely consistent.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Martin has brought Willie O'Dea :eek: Hanafin is his deputy leader

Again, why :eek:

Hanafin is an excellent politician, and Willie O Dea is one of the most adept men in office who was careless last year. This is a good move my Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Again, why :eek:

Hanafin is an excellent politician, and Willie O Dea is one of the most adept men in office who was careless last year. This is a good move my Martin.

Come on Gimmick surely bringing Willie O'Dea back and putting him as "spokesperson" for Communications, Energy & Natural Resources is a major cock up by Martin. Hanafin might not even retain her seat in the election hopefully. Who is next back by Martin, Bertie :eek:. The sooner the Fianna Failers are out the better imo.

Willie O Dea is as smart as they come. He's a barrister and a qualified accountant. You don't get those qualifications without having something about you and being more than capable of being a spokesperson.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

And he has a cool tache

he has the rubberbandits to thank. they made him popular again.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Come on Gimmick surely bringing Willie O'Dea back and putting him as "spokesperson" for Communications, Energy & Natural Resources is a major cock up by Martin. Hanafin might not even retain her seat in the election hopefully. Who is next back by Martin, Bertie :eek:. The sooner the Fianna Failers are out the better imo.

Its actually a clever move. O Dea DOUBLED the quota and then some in Limerick last time. He will top the the poll by a long way again this time. Many agree he is one of FFs top men.

Re Hanafin possibly losing her seat - 95% of the incumbents who stand for FF are in danger of losing their seats. What is Martin to do? Wait until after the devastation of the election, and then appoint the scraps? By him naming his front bench, he is showing faith, whether misguided or not, in his party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

he has the rubberbandits to thank. they made him popular again.

they should run as well for limerick :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement