Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The vote is a nice idea, not sure how representative it will actually be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

The vote is a nice idea, not sure how representative it will actually be though.

Outside of 18-30 (maybe 35) year olds not very I'm guessing.

I think Boards attracts very strong view too, the middle ground views tend to win or lose elections

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I know 3 of them. One is Adams, one got put on the eu commission or something like that (could have been senate, I'm not sure.) so he was all over the paper. And the other lad is from the town and always seems to be doing something.

Their policies or even what they have done, I have no idea about.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm very disappointed with the choices available in this election. I want the current crowd out but I'm not enamoured with any of the parties really. Reminds me of the South Park episode...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

You can get the older microkorg for around 400 new or cheaper second hand. Some of the bands that you mentioned use them. You can use it as a midi controller also. Ableton live is great for making loops that you can trigger live from your macbook and you can get a lighter version of it for sub 200.

From the music production forum. Geek talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Whoever can't see the positives from this move really is negative.Who wanted to see Wexford get hammered by Killkenny again.

Antrim will be a good introduction also.

This was when Galway were let into the Leinster Hurling Championship. I was overjoyed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I ordered tickets for the Dundalk show, but I was just wondering; will the same line up of people be there and will they do a similar meet and greet system? Most of their adds are about the Basketball arena Anyone go to one of their smaller shows last time round able to answer?

About the AWR show.

Hey I'm in that class too, working on thesis (allegedly!!) at the minute too. I would agree with all of the above, just take it easy as it's not that hard really. It's more of a stamina test than anything. The amount of assignments was a pain but remember that the majority of it is very doable. If I was to do it again I wouldn't leave so much until the last minute but we always say that!! Some people got very wound up because of the lecturers making it more difficult than it actually was but just keep a cool head and don't freak out.

In the UCD thread, saw somebody asking about the masters I was doing. Such innocent times!

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    None of the above, WWE Vintage Collection destroys anything on that list :D
    VR!
    CMpunked wrote: »
    True that!

My first post, not as interesting as the rest of you's. :o

My first post, not as interesting as the rest of you's. :o

True That.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Poor auld Man U finally lost there today. Fairly poor performance by them. They'd want to sort out that right back position fairly quick

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

FFPWTraining School Information

Facilities

Main Hall
    • 600 squared feet matted area
    • 16 foot by 16 foot wrestling ring
    • Sixteen 8 foot by 4 foot deluxe foam mats.
    • One heavy duty crash mat.
    • Four heavy punching bags
    • One light punching bag
    • Numerous item of sparing equipment (gloves, head gear, kick pads & strike pads)
    • Ample space for audience during trainee shows (held approximately once a month).
    Weights Room
    • Two benches
    • Two incline ab boards
    • 300kg plus of free weight plates
    • Multi-purpose station for pull ups, dips and roman chairs.
    • One 7kg medicine ball
    Changing Room/Recreation Lounge
    • 345 square foot of space
    • Five sofas
    • Two TVs
    • One Fridge
    • Promo area for on camera practice
    One bathroom

Trainer information
    • Trainers include, Phil Boyd, David Loughman, Sean Brennan, and Peter Farrell
    • All trainers have a black grade in submission ring wresting (Budo) recognised by MMA, IBF and NWA worldwide.
    • One NCHS certified personal trainer qualified in First Aid.
    • Past trainers include Fergal Devitt (New Japan Pro Wrestling) Paul Tracey (American Wrestling Rampage plus various Indies worldwide).
    • Past guest trainers include Andre Baker (UK), Rocky Romero (USA), Karl Anderson (New Japan Pro Wrestling), Jon Ryan (UK), Dru Onyx (USA, Canada), Johnny Moss (UK) and Dan ‘The Beast’ Severn (WWE, NWA, UFC)
    Training information

Training caters for all categories from novice to advanced. Trainees must be aged 14 or over to participate. Sessions will provide training in all aspects of Professional Wresting i.e. bumps, chain, in ring work, high spots, promos and character development, ring psychology and tag team psychology. Individuals seeking training in out of ring aspects i.e. referee, valet, manager, interviewer and ring announcer, will also be catered for.
    FFPW also offers training in submission “shoot wresting” where trainees have the chance to learn a legitimate Martial Art; this however, is completely optional. Our fitness instructor also gives advice in weight training, diet and exercise.
    FFPW does not restrict trainees from participating in any other training school. In-fact we encourage trainees to experience as many different styles of Professional Wrestling as they are willing to learn.

Training takes place at the follow times:
    • Wednesday nights from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at a cost of €5.
    • Sundays from 12pm to 6pm at a cost of €15 to over 16s and €8 to under 16s.
    • Private classes are available upon request at a cost of €10 per hour.
    Two and three day training camps take place on a regular basis. Occasionally these will include guest trainers. Prices for these camps may vary. During these camps limited overnight accommodation is available in the facility for ages 16years and above. A list of local hotels and B&BS is available on request.

Our Training Facility is located at (the rear of) 10 Dublin Rd. Bray. Co. Wicklow
    This in on the 45 and 84 bus route from Dublin city centre.
    For further information please contact us:
    E-Mail: ffpw@hotmail.com
    Ph: 085-7356972

FFPW is solely a training facility and not a wrestling promotion. Wrestlers that have graduated from the training school have gone on to wrestle for various promoters world wide and are not limited in any way to any one promotion. FFPW will, however, provide trainee shows to give individuals a chance to learn about wrestling in front of a live audience.
    Fight Factory Pro Wrestling

Producing Irelands top wrestling talent

That was my first post. Great chance to re-advertise sound.

Officially never supporting FFPW after that post. No need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Boycott'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Officially never supporting FFPW after that post. No need.

What can I say Im shamless.

What can I say Im shamless.

I respect you for your devotion to plugs nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

SUPER BOWL TIME!!!!

Lets go packers! Clap-clap-clap-clapclap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

cmon packers i dont know anything about american football but im gravatating towards them

More like Snoozer Bowl. AMIRITE????????????????

More like Snoozer Bowl. AMIRITE????????????????

Yeah it hasnt got the same tension as last years. With green bay
    14 up now
    hopefully that lights a fire under steelers asses.

Started watching the fox stream. Gave up after 10 minutes though. All very YAY AMERICA. The ad's weren't all that either.

chordtype wrote: »
    Started watching the fox stream. Gave up after 10 minutes though. All very YAY AMERICA. The ad's weren't all that either.

its on bbc1

I guess hurling is truly the greatest sport on Earth

its on bbc1

I'm in bed trying to get an english essay started and finished so I just threw the fox stream on in the background.

On a related note anybody here study Treasure Island at college. I've only seen the Muppets version.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Black Eyed Peas were once a reasonably solid Hip Hop act, now I just want them to **** right off. *****. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Oh Slash your lack of musical integrity continues to annoy me:(:mad:

That version of Sweet Child Of Mine was epic!
    Oh its Usher **** sake, I think if they wheeled out Gary Glitter I would not be as annoyed...:(:(

• Advertisement

They said when they were promoting the end that it was meant to be an album for the clubs and that. One that they wont be able to play live.
    But it became mad successful so they had to play it live.

That i gotta feeling song is incredibly catchy. I dont blame them for writing it. But i blame every single DJ who overplays it to the extent i want to walk out of whatever function im in. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement