Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CMpunked wrote: »
    Yep. we have a fair chance.

We don't sadly.

We are in a group with the West Indies, India, South Africa, England, Bangladesh and Holland. 4 qualify to the 1.4 fianals.

We will get slaughtered by India and South Africa. The West Indies and England aren't great but sadly they will have to much for us. Bangladesh like us would be considered minnows but they are a better team and are in good form. They won't trash us, but they should have to much for us this time. We may beat Holland but they have a couple of dangerous players so thats not even a cert.:(:(:(

We can't slag the lads of to much, all the other teams apart from the Dutch play at a much higher level than us though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

But didn't we beat Pakistan that one time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

was that not cricket?

:EDIT:

Hang on.. is everyone on about the cricket world cup?...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAKOHayxjq2sdGeCRNjbJ1uyCTK5OC4b8uFwLT3MqwCJ1gpkR0&t=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    Imagine how I feel bai.:(

You can at least console yourself by looking out onto the pitch and reminding yourself of the fact that you can look and the mirror and not look like John Mullane :pac: We lost that ability when Redzer was dropped :(

Aye and that caused the Pakistan manager to have a heart attack:eek::eek::eek:

Seriously though we are good and apart from India and South Africa we should do reasonably well. England are patchy and while they should beat us, if they flop we could shock them. Its the same story with the West Indies.

If we win two games I will be very pleased. Thats not a knock on the lads really.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rjd2 wrote: »
    We don't sadly.

We are in a group with the West Indies, India, South Africa, England, Bangladesh and Holland. 4 qualify to the 1.4 fianals.

We will get slaughtered by India and South Africa. The West Indies and England aren't great but sadly they will have to much for us. Bangladesh like us would be considered minnows but they are a better team and are in good form. They won't trash us, but they should have to much for us this time. We may beat Holland but they have a couple of dangerous players so thats not even a cert.:(:(:(

We can't slag the lads of to much, all the other teams apart from the Dutch play at a much higher level than us though.

Yes but would a man like this get a game on a cricket team?

image001.jpg

image001.jpg

I HAVE.... THE POWER!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

image001.jpg

Shocking. Terrible altogether....he is clearly about to break that hurl :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Hey I'm from Galway. I know more than anybody else about GAA heartbreak.

Eh that's not a proper GAA hard luck story! I'm from one of the few counties to have never won a provincial or All Ireland title. Some people don't know how lucky they are :pac:

image001.jpg

YES!!!:D:D

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »

Ahahaha. What a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

29eqgs0.jpg

C'mere Liz :)

A match made in....

Sobriety!

mtchmk.png

The-Straight-Edge-Society-Logo.png

:cool::cool:

Mr.Nice Guy
    waltersobchak
    SlickRic
    Bounty Hunter
    Tom_Brady
    lordgoat
    baz2009
    gimmick
    Park Ji Sung
    LuckyLloyd

is my list. Ger has competition.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Mr.Nice Guy
    waltersobchak
    SlickRic
    Bounty Hunter
    Tom_Brady
    lordgoat
    baz2009
    gimmick
    Park Ji Sung
    LuckyLloyd

is my list. Ger has competition.:pac:

I like to think that that list is made up of posters on boards.ie, and the actual Park Ji Sung. You and him walkin down the quay in Waterford holding hands, him tryin to ate the blaa with chopsticks and you pure think that he isnt startin for De La Salle yet.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I like to think that that list is made up of posters on boards.ie, and the actual Park Ji Sung. You and him walkin down the quay in Waterford holding hands, him tryin to ate the blaa with chopsticks and you pure think that he isnt startin for De La Salle yet.

I'd have some job tryin to stop him eating everyone's dog.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads what's the worst injury you ever got playing sport?

Mine would be cutting my eyelid during a hurling match. Some arsehole put his hurl through the guard of my cooper helmet and it cut my eyelid. Needless to say it bled like a whore during that time of the month.
    Broke and fractured my leg, dislocated my ankle and tore a load of ligaments in one tackle. Alan Smith did the exact same injury for Manyoo against Liverpool a few weeks later.

Made me a man though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Don't know if it counts as I didn't get injured while playing but I played rugby for 2/3 months with a broken sternum before. Seriously the most retarded thing I ever did

Them chinese, they know how to make a firework!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,463 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Happy Valentines day guys ( looking in your direction Mr. Walter ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Seeing as the thread title has changed...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Happy Greg The Hammer Day

greg-the-hammer-valentine.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

a man id like to show some love to on this the most love filled day of the year and man who would def get a lord huggington like homer wanted, is Ronaldo (classic). The man/Legend retired today, a decision which tore him up inside but he knows his body cant do what his footballing mind sees anymore. here are some interesting facts from one of my more favoured posters on the soccer forum
    Tom Brady wrote:
    Some interesting stories about Ronaldo's childhood that I find fascinating. When his mother was a few weeks pregnant, she went to see a witch doctor, which is something a lot of pregnant women did in the slums of Brazil. There she was told that not only would her child be a boy, but that he would possess an exceptional talent that would help his family escape from Bento Ribeiro for good. He also shares two birthday celebrations - his actual date of birth on 18th September which he celebrates privately with his family - and another more public celebration on 22nd September, as his father could not afford to have his birth registered straight away, and it took him 4 days to gather the money to pay for it.

He started out playing football for a local tennis club (which, oddly enough, did not have a tennis court) in the Brazilian indoor leagues at 9 years old. The only position available was in goal, so yes, Ronaldo's first ever official match was as a goalkeeper. Eventually he was given his chance outfield, and scored 4 goals in one half of football against the state champions. A year later he would go on to join a bigger team, Social Ramos, where he shattered all previous saláo (indoor football) records with 166 goals in one season, including 11 in a game where his team scored 12 goals.

He earned trials with Flamengo at 13 years old, a team he first saw amid 100,000 spectators at the Maracana stadium as he went to see his hero Zico. He performed brilliantly at the trials. However, he never made the team as he could not afford the bus fare for the final trial. Flamengo refused to loan him the money, and failed him on account of non-attendance. The price Flamengo missed out on Ronaldo for? A mere 20p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Happy Valentines day guys ( looking in your direction Mr. Walter ;) )

There really is a Simpsons reference for every situation in life

None from season 13 onwards though.

Unless the reference is that you become stale and unimaginative just after a decade.

Well everything gets bad when you've run out of ideas (Sup Family Guy for the last 3 seasons)

Well everything gets bad when you've run out of ideas (Sup Family Guy for the last 3 seasons)

My only counter argument to that is that family guy seemed to have unavoidably develop the characters of the show and with it had to move slightly away from what made them so dam random.

The same can be said for The Simpsons, but in the way that they developed the characters, changed it, altered something else and so on and so forth.
    Nearly to the point that every episode the characters seem to lose whatever foundation they had in those early seasons.

I know this has to happen in tv series, but staying true to the earlier series should be no.1.
    I read about how in FOX there is a revolving door of sorts with writers, they will come in with ideas and will just churn them out to whatever show needs them. For example i could have a script, and fox will buy it but will use it for another show altogether.
    I know they have the right to do that once they buy it, but it happens a little too often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

CMpunked wrote: »
    None from season 13 onwards though.

Unless the reference is that you become stale and unimaginative just after a decade.

Haven't seen any of Season 22 but 21 was a step back in the right direction and finally had another, for example, good Sideshow Bob episode ("The Bob Next Door") after They should have stopped at "Brother From Another Series".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement