Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ridley wrote: »
    Haven't seen any of Season 22 but 21 was a step back in the right direction and finally had another, for example, good Sideshow Bob episode ("The Bob Next Door") after They should have stopped at "Brother From Another Series".

Oh yeah i missed the end of that episode.
    Bart was paranoid that it was bob that had moved in next door (To a house that was never seen before. Lol) and it was some really nice guy?
    What happened after that?

Have to say i got a laugh out of the "You sound like kelsey grammer and frasier from cheers and then later, frasier from fraiser!" line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

CMpunked wrote: »
    Oh yeah i missed the end of that episode.
    Bart was paranoid that it was bob that had moved in next door (To a house that was never seen before. Lol) and it was some really nice guy?
    What happened after that?

Have to say i got a laugh out of the "You sound like kelsey grammer and frasier from cheers and then later, frasier from fraiser!" line.

Bob had performed a Face/Off with the other guy while in prison and as the neighbour/Bob took Bart to what should have been a baseball game he instead took him to Five Corners where five state lines meet.

By shooting a bullet from one state through another and into Bart in a third no act in and of itself would be considered a crime so he'd get away with murder but tied-up Bart kept hopping around until police from all five states arrive to arrest Bob. Ends with Flanders' cousin moving in and doing that joke they already did with the Flanders' family reunion.

"And now I am free to sing all the Gilbert and Sullivan I damn well please!! #Behold the Lord High Ex-e-cu-tion-errrrr!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Who saw the leaders debate? I thought Martin was very obviously digging at Adams for the whole thing. Wanted to put my boot through the telly when he brought up Adams issues up North, or whatever way he phrased it. Because Fianna Fail have done no wrong have they Micheál? Gowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Who saw the leaders debate? I thought Martin was very obviously digging at Adams for the whole thing. Wanted to put my boot through the telly when he brought up Adams issues up North, or whatever way he phrased it. Because Fianna Fail have done no wrong have they Micheál? Gowl.

Hate them all so much. I have to vote though so its looking like Kenny's *****.

frontline.jpg

There was a lot of bitching on it. i had to turn it off myself.

• Advertisement

I cant exactly put my finger on why, but I really hate Eamon Gilmore. He just comes across as such an prat imo

John Gormless is also annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I cant exactly put my finger on why, but I really hate Eamon Gilmore. He just comes across as such an prat imo
    In comparison with the other 4? :pac:

Gilmore's the best of a bad bunch IMO

Voltwad wrote: »
    In comparison with the other 4? :pac:

Gilmore's the best of a bad bunch IMO

On a personal level like, nothing political. Theres just something about him. I dont think I would be able to stop myself bullying him if I was in the room with him for a while. Just childish stuff like throwing balls of paper at him and flicking his ears. Maybe push him down and run away if I had a few friends with me.

^ is mature enough to vote. Imagine it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Because Gerry "Im whiter than white and have never been involved in the IRA" Adams is firmly linked with the north for the terror the army wing of his "political" party. Just because he is running in Louth, a fúcking RA county if ever there was one, does not mean his past indiscretions can be looked past. He is a hopeless politician, but will walk into a seat. Is that due to his past or his present?
    John Gormless is also annoying

He has the most punchable face I have ever seen. Smug git.

I think Enda wants to get "Ireland back to work". He may have said that once or twice.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Just because he is running in Louth, a fúcking RA county if ever there was one, does not mean his past indiscretions can be looked past. He is a hopeless politician, but will walk into a seat. Is that due to his past or his present?

Being from the county i can back that up!
    I know people that know people...
    If you know what i mean. I think most people do.
    I think Enda wants to get "Ireland back to work". He may have said that once or twice.

On his campaign posters is "Lets get ireland working". Not sure if theyre 5 point plan is going to do that to be honest.
    1. Growth and Jobs:
    NewERA: A €7 Billion Investment in our Future.
    Every Job Counts: Beyond the Smart Economy.
    Race to the Top: An Education System for the 21st Century.
    2. Fair Deficit Reduction
    Protecting Jobs – Protecting the Taxpayer.
    Sharing the Burden: A Fair and Effective Banking Solution.
    3. Smaller Better Government
    Smaller Government: €5 Billion of Savings.
    Better Government: An End to Command and Control.
    4. A New Politics
    Abolishing the Seanad – Reforming the Dail.
    Empowering the Citizen: Real Power to the People.
    5. Healthcare for All
    Radical Reform of the Current Health System (2011–2015).
    Universal Health Insurance (2016–2020).
    Making the Current Health System More Efficient

On his campaign posters is "Lets get ireland working".

Sorry, thats what I meant

Tis a bit of a weird campaign slogan to have i think

• Registered Users Posts: 86,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tis a bit of a weird campaign slogan to have i think

No matter their slogan it is looking likely that Kenny and his party are going in whether alone or with Labour

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No matter their slogan it is looking likely that Kenny and his party are going in whether alone or with Labour

Oh absolutely.
    They could have even come out with a "Hey, at least were not Finna Fail!". :pac:

Because Gerry "Im whiter than white and have never been involved in the IRA" Adams is firmly linked with the north for the terror the army wing of his "political" party. Just because he is running in Louth, a fúcking RA county if ever there was one, does not mean his past indiscretions can be looked past. He is a hopeless politician, but will walk into a seat. Is that due to his past or his present?

That was my point, it was rich to hear such a statement from the leader of Fianna Fail. Martin has done nothing but sicken me since he became leader.

On a side note, what does Martin know about the North anyway? What buisness does he have bringing it up? The Soldiers Of Destiny stop marching at the border!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Happy Valentines day guys ( looking in your direction Mr. Walter ;) )

I love you too, ya bollix:pac:

That was my point, it was rich to hear such a statement from the leader of Fianna Fail. Martin has done nothing but sicken me since he became leader.

On a side note, what does Martin know about the North anyway? What buisness does he have bringing it up? The Soldiers Of Destiny stop marching at the border!

I am sure as foreign minister his remit involved being extremely clued up on the goings on of the north.

Do not get me wrong, I am nor an FF or Martin fan, but having a scourge like Adams in our parliament cannot be good for our country. The more seats SF get, the more chance they have of being king makers/at very least having a casting vote. Ireland does not need to seen from outside to be allowing terrorist sympathisers holding any bit of sway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

FF made political mistakes. Some were entirely their own fault, others were the fault of the terrible political system we have which supports short-term populist decisions. These poor decisions, whilst awful, pale in comparison with what Gerry Adams has done in his past. Give me a guy playing golf with a banker any day over the IRA.

I am sure as foreign minister his remit involved being extremely clued up on the goings on of the north.

Do not get me wrong, I am nor an FF or Martin fan, but having a scourge like Adams in our parliament cannot be good for our country. The more seats SF get, the more chance they have of being king makers/at very least having a casting vote. Ireland does not need to seen from outside to be allowing terrorist sympathisers holding any bit of sway.

Well I have to leave the country for work, degree in the bag with me, parents at home while their only son is on the other side of the planet. I will never in my life vote for Fianna Fail, I would gladly look at all other options before them. I would draw a big willy on the ballot page before I'd give them a number. While Adams mightnt be the best for our country, I will never ever consider giving FF a number in my life.

• Advertisement

On a lighter note, go on Clonmel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just watched Tron 2, it's sh!t. that is all

Well I have to leave the country for work, degree in the bag with me, parents at home while their only son is on the other side of the planet. I will never in my life vote for Fianna Fail, I would gladly look at all other options before them. I would draw a big willy on the ballot page before I'd give them a number. While Adams mightnt be the best for our country, I will never ever consider giving FF a number in my life.

And that is 100% understandable. It sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

yeowza. Some match tonight. Love Arsenal to get a win here.

*hic*

Jealous ^ :(

Barca really dropped the tempo in the second half.

*hic*

Wait now whats goin on here??? You're hardly locked are ya?

Dam legitimate hiccups.
    :pac:

Really?
    Really?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmiXB1lCQ_3fwMZnAM23gv1NVDyRtgk5gCVEA2DFCtHwUMXh-_

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The fact that a great man like Gerard has to leave this country is the worst crime of all the crimes that Fianna Fail have committed. F*ckin scandal.:mad:

I have no time or respect for Sinn Fein, but they've never f*cked each and every one of us so thoroughly and painfully uo the hole like that shower in Fianna Fail have. The amount of parents that won't see their children this or next Christmas or for God knows how long due to emigration because of what they've done is a modern day crime of epic proportions. They're scum pure and simple and yet you'll still have people that'll blindly vote for them. At least the Black and Tans were upfront about what they did to us, FF are still trying to deny it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement