Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

To be fair, i dont think any party, given the same opportunities to spend money willy nilly would have passed it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CMpunked wrote: »
    To be fair, i dont think any party, given the same opportunities to spend money willy nilly would have passed it up.

Thats hardly the sum total of their crimes now CM and it certainly isn't what has the country in the state its in now.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thats hardly the sum total of their crimes now CM and it certainly isn't what has the country in the state its in now.

No i wasnt attributing everything wrong theyve done back to that, but it grinds my gears when people say "Oh they were so greedy, they used up money" yada yada yada.

A friend of mine on fb earlier on made a very good point that in this country to be taught anything decent about politics you would need to take a law degree.
    Its one of the biggest flaws in our education system, sort that out and we wouldnt have idiotic voting such as:
    http://www.boards.ie/vote/results.php?c_id=33

No i wasnt attributing everything wrong theyve done back to that, but it grinds my gears when people say "Oh they were so greedy, they used up money" yada yada yada.

A friend of mine on fb earlier on made a very good point that in this country to be thought anything decent about politics you would need to take a law degree.
    Its one of the biggest flaws in our education system, sort that out and we wouldnt have idiotic voting such as:
    http://www.boards.ie/vote/results.php?c_id=33

No its a good point. Its also worth remembering that Labour and FG both criticised the government during the Celtic Tiger years for not spending more in their annual Budgets. They'd have spent more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

So I spent this morning giving a manual handling and safety in the work place training course. Everything went fine and smooth. Then at the very end I tripped over the leg of my flipchart and cut my head and fecked up my ankle. Irony you are a cruel mistress.

• Advertisement

So I spent this morning giving a manual handling and safety in the work place training course. Everything went fine and smooth. Then at the very end I tripped over the leg of my flipchart and cut my head and fecked up my ankle. Irony you are a cruel mistress.

Did you look at everyone and shout: "Like we rehearsed! This is a test people!!"

Actually I more or less did! There was silence and i jsut went "And this folks is an example of what happens when you don't assess!" and there was laughter until I started hobbling to my chair :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jaysus our own Seán almost impaled himself teaching health and safety. There's a joke to be made in there but not by I :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Was it a business trip? :D

LisaLee wrote: »
    Was it a business trip? :D

Fantastic!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_MPkbMFUmx2JaHsCtacO6ILEvL9RsC_T2qbrQPEJ2jAfVQUDX

• Advertisement

Something to do with centripetal force. You have to get amazing rotation on the glass for it to work though, similar to a rollercoaster doing a loop the loop.

Its funny that someone made that video (real or not), a few weeks after this one was posted:

Still unsure who to vote for?

Check this handy helper out:
    Votomatic

I found out i support 15 of labours policies and 14(:eek:) of sinn feins!

Votomatic

I should vote Green apparently. Credibility ruined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I got "hardcore sinn fein fan"... gwan mick collins baaaiiiiii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Fine Gael myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Strong Labour for me :)

Are any of you's surprised by your results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Are any of you's surprised by your results?
    Got like -11 for the Greens, didn't think I was that harshly against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Votomatic

Labour and Sinn Fein for me

• Registered Users Posts: 86,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just seen Mickey Rourke in an ad for Bavaria :eek: I thought he had better taste :p

According to it I should be voting Sinn Fein or Labour...at least it got it half right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Said I am mostly labour but could easily go FG as well.

I will be given FG a 1 and 2 on Friday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My Internet is driving me nuts, coming and going for hours at a time the past few days, tis sad when i get better faster internet on the train home from work using my phone.

My Internet is driving me nuts, coming and going for hours at a time the past few days, tis sad when i get better faster internet on the train home from work using my phone.

Whos your isp BH?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Whos your isp BH?

I honestly dont know, all the cables and the box are in my mates room so we let him handle that stuff its sorted now though so it should be back to good times. Need one reccomended?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

feck sake. Trying to buy an xbox off adverts, some delay in responses. Whenever I have tried to sell anything, if someone made an offer, I would have almost bitten their hand off.

Also, that was weird, one of the first time I have had to venture into page 2 for the Off topic thread. A sign of two big raws and a decent ppv perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just seen Mickey Rourke in an ad for Bavaria :eek: I thought he had better taste :p

im really thinking of voting for him because of that add :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement