Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

We all would but Killkenny are far too strong this year. They really don't have a weak team do they?

What county are you from if ya don't mind me asking? You have a great knowledge of sport.

Porto didn't pussy away from United. They deserved the draw at the very least.

Waterford! Still smarting after September I'm afraid.:(

United deserved nothing from that game tonight. Poor passing and serious lack of a good holding player in midfield. I've been saying that since they lost Keane that they've been missing that type of player. With Hargreaves so injury prone, they shoud ditch Ronaldo in the Summer and break the bank for a top-notch defensive midfielder.

Thanks for the compliment btw, I've enjoyed the aul chat. I could talk GAA all night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Waterford could do well this year. Ye put the skids on Killkenny this year already. Dan the man could have another great year.

Have a good Easter flahavaj

Waterford could do well this year. Ye put the skids on Killkenny this year already. Dan the man could have another great year.

Have a good Easter flahavaj

Dan the Man needs to get back to his hurling and forget the big notions he's gotten about himself the last few years!

Same to you lad.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Brrrr, absolutely freezing out tonight and the rain didn't help. Always seems to be the way when I go to a match, ah well, another win anyway :)

What was the score RRC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

What was the score RRC?

Cork City 1-0 Drogheda :)

Fair play. Galway lost to Bohs 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Cork City 1-0 Drogheda :)

The drogheda team sucks major ass.

I know im from the town, but im not a football fan, so its a double negative :p

CBG I don't recommend going to the Soccer forum because the slightest mention of Eircom League sends the place into a frenzy.

CBG I don't recommend going to the Soccer forum because the slightest mention of Eircom League sends the place into a frenzy.

Really?

What should i do? I'm in the mood to stir up a riot tonight :pac:

• Advertisement

Edit the Biki ?

Edit the Biki ?

Good call!

But then i have SR on my ass and the bold letters come out and then i wont be able to post in the draft.... :o

Biki isn't part of boards.ie

I had to register to use it so you should be OK

Have a fun time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Right. So earlier, I was called into a meeting with you OP (operations manager for the southern districts, despite the fact we're in the midlands, duuuuh). We're not hitting our targets. The thing is, our company was bought out by some assholes in 2006. Now, they're cutting corners everywhere. Long story short, I am no longer wearing a suit to work as ive demoted myself. No more taking reponsibility for other peoples f**k up's.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... anyways, how's the weather back home? We've had a cloudy day today but the past week has been nothing but sunshine. Glorious for some but I f**king hate warm weather.

Its ****ing Ireland. Rainy, cloudy and windy as ****

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    Right. So earlier, I was called into a meeting with you OP (operations manager for the southern districts, despite the fact we're in the midlands, duuuuh). We're not hitting our targets. The thing is, our company was bought out by some assholes in 2006. Now, they're cutting corners everywhere. Long story short, I am no longer wearing a suit to work as ive demoted myself. No more taking reponsibility for other peoples f**k up's.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... anyways, how's the weather back home? We've had a cloudy day today but the past week has been nothing but sunshine. Glorious for some but I f**king hate warm weather.

What company do you work for?
    Or at least what line of work is the company in?

Weather is pretty all over the place, niceish day yesterday but right now its very very windy and wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Stock taking company. When i finished secondary school in 2004, I took up this job in inventory (stock taking in places like Dunnes Stores, Heatons etc). Started at the bottom. In late 2007, I was offered a place in the district in Nottingham. Thinking of looking for another job now, Sainsbury's is a place that springs to mind, made a lot of contacts there.

So how's things at home? Not been there since Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    Stock taking company. When i finished secondary school in 2004, I took up this job in inventory (stock taking in places like Dunnes Stores, Heatons etc). Started at the bottom. In late 2007, I was offered a place in the district in Nottingham. Thinking of looking for another job now, Sainsbury's is a place that springs to mind, made a lot of contacts there.

So how's things at home? Not been there since Christmas.

Country hit sour times as Fianna Failure anally raped us with another budget yesterday (with another on the way in december) on tax. Basically most of us are going to be paying double on tax. If you're a smoker, best of luck to ya, another 25 cents per pack. Drink and petrol didn't get touched, Diesel up 5c.

Oh and if you're under 20, your dole is getting cut by half.

D-FENS wrote: »
    I wasn’t looking for sympathy at all, I know there's a lot worse than me, only said what I said to justify why I find these times hard. And I’m sorry, I’m not a typical whiner on this subject, I d usually just get on with it, but I do find them hard, I’m a young dad, I worry about making ends meet for my kids more than anything else, and, I am somewhat in debt and have been since before the “recession”. Not sure how you can't call times hard when you're unemployed for 7 months with a mortgage, but tbh, that's your business, if you're managing, your managing, fair play to you and I’m not taking the pi$$ when I say that. I'm managing too, just about, wasn’t trying to imply that if I ordered 'mania I’d have to hang this week's used tea bags out on the clothesline for future use :), just that I’ve much more important things to spend money on at the moment than a cr*p wrestling ppv, that was it.

I do agree though there are better things to be spending money on that are more important. What i mean by times being hard is, if you think we're struggling now, then we'd be well underwater in 1984 when banks weren't so hesitant to take the keys from your door, when prices were still being hiked left right and centre, when mothers were given benefits by the state, only to be taken out of the fathers wage. We're in a bad way, but we've had it so much worse, and this really is nothing by comparison. Don't believe me, the rich really got hit in the budget yesterday, a move that I genuinely believe was the correct one, because they tried hitting on the sick/helpless last year, and it backfired on them. I don't call my current situation hard times because as i said earlier, i prepared for it because I didn't laugh at the ones studying the economy two years ago who saw the black cloud coming and buying stupidly priced oversized cars and property left right and centre before the bottom fell out of that jar.
    Also, you're right, no one needs luxuries, but I did say little luxuries, like a book, cd, 6 pack of beer, or a wrestling ppv (If it's actually going to entertain you and be worth getting), and everyone including people with responsibilities to others like me, deserve to treat themselves now and then, that’s all. And personally, I’ve never bought anything to keep up with the Jones, I buy things that I know I’ll enjoy, for me or for my family, I’ve never been in the least bit materialistic. I also don’t relay on these things to stay sane, I meant that in general terms, wasn’t applying that comment to myself personally at all. As you say, family is what keeps me going too, and I spend as much quality time with them as I can, I’m off work all next week for the school’s Easter holidays to do so, but thanks for the tip! (And i love the park, go down to the one in Lucan most weekends, just a pity i'm usaully worn out from running around quicker than you can say larda$$ :D )

I've no problem with anyone treating themselves, i give myself a break once a month by getting something (as opposed to the almost once a day when we really had it good), but the fact of the matter is, we're not in the worst shape we've been in. Ok so we're not going to have the life of reilly for the next couple of years, we're going to feel the pinch. This sh*t will get worse before it gets better...

But at the end of the day the bigger picture is there. You have kids, on top of that you were one. People think we had it great in the 90s too, we didn't! The first half of the 90s were as about as pleasant as we've had it now (just that a lot of people who complain about it are too young to remember it), the country has depended on globalisation though, so as a result, when everywhere else gets hit, so do we. But it will turn around, it did it before and it will do it again.

A JOINT PRODUCTION OF MNG AND SHAWNRAVEN PRESENTS:

Kentonbomb: The Ultimate Anthology!
    MNG took time out about two years to compile this list for a thread that fell flat on it's ass and subsequently died. I stumbled across thus by mistake and figured i'd dump it in there, every funny post by the man himself is right here.

Yup, it's times like this i'm glad we have MNG back.
    Enjoy

This is So Unfair
    Kentonbomb's Classic Match-Ups
    Kentonbomb on Flair
    What Kentonbomb thinks WWE needs
    Kentonbomb at Raw
    Sign Ideas
    Kentonbomb vs grammar
    Kentonbomb vs grammar II
    Kentonbomb vs grammar III
    Kentonbomb vs the world
    Kentonbomb wants respect
    Kentonbomb keeps the forum fresh
    Kentonbomb applies for the mod job
    Kentonbomb wants mod job
    Kentonbomb bored by Bret Hart
    Kentonbomb on why Lashley gets pushed

• Advertisement

The helpdesk one liner is fantastic :D
    mossy monk can suck my dick because he is one little bitch

The helpdesk one liner is fantastic :D

Kentonbomb wants respect! is the best one out of the lot.
    I now understand why MNG was so defensive when i came back 2 years ago, lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fairly certain KB was a pro wum who suceeded something massive. That was always the impression I got of him anyway

gimmick wrote: »
    Fairly certain KB was a pro wum who suceeded something massive. That was always the impression I got of him anyway

Oy there! We're not all from Cark like, speak english! :)

Professional Wind Up Merchant

Professional Wind Up Merchant

Ah ok, due to bad grammar, i thought that was just some word you guys use down there. :)

Anyone here play online scrabble rather than actually do some work at work?

This site is the job

Anyone here play online scrabble rather than actually do some work at work?

This site is the job

*finds gimmick's work place and requests both that, and boards.ie be blocked from their workplace*

MWAHAHAHAHAH :D

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    *finds gimmick's work place and requests both that, and boards.ie be blocked from their workplace*

MWAHAHAHAHAH :D

It got blocked from mine yesterday! ****ing nerves are shot all day wondering about the draft, its taken over my life!:pac:

• Advertisement

Just eating some ice cream, and it tastes like someone opened it before me and sprayed some Lynx or something on it. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement