Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,457 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I don't mind Gaga to much and like most of her past efforts, the video is fun, however the dong is really boring.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

waterstones are having a sale on all those 'for dummies' books at the moment. Some really good buys.

I picked up a body language one for 12 quid. Seems like i know how to read body language fairly well when its being directed at me, but when it comes to showing confidence and that in an interview im well off.
    No wonder i missed out on all those jobs. :(

Gagas song is good, different good.
    But the whole egg thing at the grammys, am i the only one who kinda thought it was a bit "Oh get over yourself already, we know who you are, you dont need to do stupid shít anymore to get known.". :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone watching the cricket? Ireland only need 27 from 23 balls to beat England!

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone watching the cricket? Ireland only need 27 from 23 balls to beat England!

In relative speak what does that mean?

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    In relative speak what does that mean?
    I don't really understand the rules either but...... basically there are (now) 12 balls left to be thrown in the game and Ireland need to get 12 runs.

Degag wrote: »
    I don't really understand the rules either but...... basically there are (now) 12 balls left to be thrown in the game and Ireland need to get 12 runs.

So they need to play a perfect game from here on in?

I was off today so I watched it all.

INCREDIBLE.

Kevin O Brien, Alex Cusack, and John Mooney take a bow lads. :D

CMpunked wrote: »
    So they need to play a perfect game from here on in?
    They won.

Not really. If Ireland hit the ball over the boundary line without it hitting the ground, they'd get 6 points. If they hit it over the boundary line while hitting the ground, they'd get 4 points. So technically at that stage they could have won with only 2 balls.

So we bet India last year and now England?! F'n hell!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

*Hicadoola*

10,000th post after almost 10 years on boards Jaysus!. To think I was 15 when I started posting on here is mad, dont think my posting style ever had a massive change though. But I must say this forum has come a long way since those early days.

Draft threads, Rovert, Fozzy and Benoit
    Blue Woffle, Orestes and The BWE

Kentombomb, Gimmick, Bombidol, The Boston Crab
    Ger C and The Flah

Off topic, Kane threads, Conor Hurley sure is keen
    Dare 2 Defy, Superfly, Vince numbers, Munster Mafia

KKV, JP Liz, *Spoilers*, Wrestlemania
    Voltwad, Walter,trouble in a *hiccing place*

We didn't start the fire
    It was always burning
    Since the world's been turning
    We didn't start the fire
    No we didn't light it
    But we tried to fight it

so um yeah there is some random bull so i can pass my 10k without having to move my own post into the fail thread (a thread which would def get a mention if there was another verse as would all the folks i left out as i was giving a random splattoring of names to illustrate the past and... blah blah blah words in accordance with the higher power of Nexus which i will reveal as.... actually never mind.

So yeah Off topic eh? .... Cricket isnt a sport imo.

Okay i know it is, had to report and cut together a piece for a show on the thing before but its a farce in my eyes ever since I went to cricket for my gay ass secondary school on time. They actually (im not taking the piss here) stopped for tea and crumpets mid way through. I was like WTF! decided there and then getting out of study class wasnt worth feeling like such a tosser for and stuck with Rugby/football. Also ive known a lot of big cricket fans and by majority it seems to attract complete nob heads. Unfortunatley ive found the same sort of people are often Tennis and Rugby fans too although its much less Rugby especially outside England and certain areas in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Great win for the cricketers. Like London baytin Tipp in hurling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fastest Hundred in World Cup history.

That is some achievement for Kevin O'Brien.

Well done Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Greetings from Reston VA. States is am odd place but i think we may have stabilised their economy with the crazy spending we done.

Headed to see the Washington Capitals play had hockey later. Should be fun.

Jet lag is a killer tho. Think i have only beat it today and we only have 2 days left.

Lets go team.

gimmick wrote: »
    Greetings from Reston VA. States is am odd place but i think we may have stabilised their economy with the crazy spending we done.

Jet lag is a killer tho. Think i have only beat it today and we only have 2 days left.

Lets go team.

You see any crazy wrestling fans about the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Congrats on the 10,000th post BH!! you now have me singing billy joel in my head too so that is also a bonus!! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Congrats on the 10,000th post BH!! you now have me singing billy joel in my head too so that is also a bonus!! :D

no idea why that song was in my head when posting it. This thread might need a new title to celebrate it's passing the same milestone as I just did fairly soon. Hope your having a good time in the states Gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Oh yeah Seán what did you do in work today?

Oh nothing, just laminated 300 pages one by one by one by one...

Funny thing is my user name on loads of forums is Lamination :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Lets go team.

Enjoy the States:)

The Caps are playing St Louis tonight, yeah??

Lets go Caps. Won. 3-2. I had no clue what was going on. All those subs etc.

High fives for all.

I have also turned into a woman regarding shopping. Its a problem.

• Advertisement

tumblr_lhd5ykORrV1qfrwlpo1_400.jpg

2ff52ec3-acad-45de-9e5d-68b6f04054ff.jpg

tumblr_lfkopdgdrz1qfrwlpo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lh3rr0dJV41qfrwlpo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lfr0v7cR9I1qfrwlpo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lh41uikpxt1qfrwlpo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lhe98fFoYV1qao1dto1_500.jpg

tumblr_lhd5w1EVzA1qfrwlpo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lg8lwvEeGu1qfrwlpo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Y2J.jpg

Mankindvtakerragetred.JPG

Cenacan'twrestle.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

High fives for all.

I dunno what it is about the States but I only enjoy shopping over there. I hate it everywhere else. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

High fives for all.

They're the "lines" for the team. Each team has 4 lines of 5 player (3 offence, 2 defence). During the game, each line swaps around with each other. For Powerplays, each team has 2 special team lines to either kill the penalty off or to capitalize on it

Hmm. Thats what i figured alright.
    Makes lots of sense.

On a side note, when the opposition came out at the start it was to the Nexus theme and The Caps came out to The Game.

All over elaborate nonsense but great fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

flahavaj wrote: »
    I dunno what it is about the States but I only enjoy shopping over there. I hate it everywhere else. Strange.

Same here. I can't stand shopping for clothes here for more than five minutes, but I can quite easily spend hours shopping in America. So much better clothes at far better prices <_<

EDIT: OMG, this was my 999th post. I'll have to make my 1,000th special :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Better choice at far cheaper prices and usually no real crowds?

Jesus.

Come back Oliver Cromwell and The Black And Tans, all is forgiven:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

anyone here know a decent website (besides lastminute.ie) to book flights to thailand on by any chance?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement