Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Try expedia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

gimmick wrote: »
    Try expedia

sound as a pound

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

flahavaj wrote: »

Jesus.

Was just waiting for one of them to say 'You Can't See Me!'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I don't watch TV or listen to celebrity gossip; can someone explain to me what's happened to Charlie Sheen and his #winning hash tag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't watch TV or listen to celebrity gossip; can someone explain to me what's happened to Charlie Sheen and his #winning hash tag?

He got really drugged up and started giving out **** and boasting about his greatness.

Basically what Kanye wanted to be. Now everybody loves him but at the same time you have to feel really sorry for his kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

He got really drugged up and started giving out **** and boasting about his greatness.

Basically what Kanye wanted to be. Now everybody loves him but at the same time you have to feel really sorry for his kids.

Pretty much what DB said above, except I don't think people love him. I regard him with a mix of pity and disgust anyway. Also, the 'winning' is often being used ironically. He thinks he's the sh**, but he's actually screwing his entire life up spectacularly. eg:

Rock-bottom-Thats-a-fishing-term.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Charlie-Sheen

I-am-on-a-drug-Its-called-Charlie-Sheen.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Charlie-Sheen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

For further reading listening about the Charlie Sheen thing:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Just got the news that Sheen has officially been fired from 'Two and a Half Men'. (The present season was put on ice already, but now it seems that they're either cancelling the programme or going ahead without him.) Whenever Charlie Sheen sobers up, he's going to have the mother of all post-binge regret-fests.

He gets paid, or well, did get paid 1.25million per episode so unless it's been one crazy Michael Jackson of a binge, I'd say he'll be ok.

Never liked two and a half men, but it's saddening to see it end in such a fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I hate Two and a Half Men so much. Thrilled at all this. Hope that gowl's career is ruined and I never have to look at his stupid face on my telly again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,457 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone watch Republic of Telly

http://www.facebook.com/republicoftelly

^ Check out some of the lads from Hardy Bucks in a boxing sketch I swear I thought the fella was Sheamus for a minute :p

• Registered Users Posts: 86,457 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

given the recent topic of discussion

the strange thing is watching that im actually starting to like him again, and cant help but think he's starting to look like Richard Lewis (Curb).

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that you?
    Nah. Just some random fat guy from NUIG.

That's a pity that Two And A Half Men has ended so abruptly, and under these sad circumstances.

Hopefully Charlie Sheen will sober up and get re-hired.

Two And A Half Men and The Big Bang Theory are just about the only comedy/sitcoms on TV that I find entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ahahahaha, amazing. Drink is powerful stuff.:pac:

He actually got tasered

Can anyone see anything other than a Barcelona win tonight?

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Draw. Honest to God had a dream that Dani Alves scored a stunning own goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Charisteas wrote: »

Their centre backs being absent and their small squad meaning their left back and best DM having to be moved makes it at least interesting. I'd expect them to do it still at Camp Nou.

Yep Barcelona may have to shift a lot at the back, but that won't be a factor when they attack, and this Arsenal defense doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest.

I really hope Arsenal do them tonight. Van Persie and Fabregas are both starting, but I doubt either of them are 100% fit.

I can see 2-0 to Barcelona.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

was RVP not supposed to be out for like 6 weeks or something

was RVP not supposed to be out for like 6 weeks or something

Exactly, sounds like desperation from Wenger, but it's a risk that might just work though.

Oxegen line up?
    Meeeehhhh.

It's way too much of a pop/cool Indy festival these days.
    my second favourite band are playing it, a band who I would punch a granny to have the chance to see, but I still can't bring myself to wanting to go. :(

CMpunked wrote: »
    Oxegen line up?
    Meeeehhhh.

It's way too much of a pop/cool Indy festival these days.
    my second favourite band are playing it, a band who I would punch a granny to have the chance to see, but I still can't bring myself to wanting to go. :(
    Foos are gonna be there. Don't give a ****e about any other band really except the Strokes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I would rather be slapped with a dead fish than go to Oxegen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I would rather be slapped with a dead fish than go to Oxegen!

Its just a nasty festival to go really. The line up is always solid its just the rather unpleasant people that go is the problem.

Electric Picnic is much more chilled and prices out the more unlikable element.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement