Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its just a nasty festival to go really. The line up is always solid its just the rather unpleasant people that go is the problem.

Electric Picnic is much more chilled and prices out the more unlikable element.:)
    Ya but Electric Picnic normally has a worse line-up IMO. Would rather see a band I love and put up with drunks than go to a meh festival with a more relaxed atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'm always pretty meh about the Oxegen line up. And the atmosphere would crucify me! Electric Picnic would be more my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I would rather be slapped with a dead fish than go to Oxegen!

HYAH!

fish-slap.png

:pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    HYAH!

fish-slap.png

:pac:

I didn't say TWO dead fish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ya but Electric Picnic normally has a worse line-up IMO. Would rather see a band I love and put up with drunks than go to a meh festival with a more relaxed atmosphere.

True but the thing about a festival you only ever see about five acts as you spend the rest of your time **** drinking and having a good time with your mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

HAHA!
    Im going to HAVE to use this for the draft!
    Its just a nasty festival to go really. The line up is always solid its just the rather unpleasant people that go is the problem.
    )

The line up is balls this year.

I just checked the line up, Crystal Castles who I like are playing, apart from that nobody interests me except Leftfield.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

I just checked the line up, Crystal Castles who I like are playing, apart from that nobody interests me except Leftfield.:(

Really just Leftfield for me and I saw them at EP last year. Wouldn't mind seeing The Strokes, Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys but I ain't gonna go to the hassle of actually buying a ticket and going to see them.

I'll hold out to see what EP has on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

CC are ****e live, and I was disapointed with Leftfield at EP. But if they are indoors it might be a change!

Weezer are the only act I really want to see, might buy a day ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

CC are ****e live, and I was disapointed with Leftfield at EP. But if they are indoors it might be a change!

I loved Leftfield at EP. One of the highlights of my weekend.

But I would agree that they'd be better indoors.

• Advertisement

Same. I'll get a day ticket for Foos.

If Foos, weezer and jimmy eat world all play the same day i might head on down to check them out.

Delighted blink might not be playing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Script are shíte. Guitar music for people who do not particularly like, or get, music.

gimmick wrote: »
    The Script are shíte. Guitar music for people who do not particularly like, or get, music.
    Wouldn't go that far. I'd say they are proper modern pop. People enjoy the music.

Question. Is R.E.M's latest as bad as Accelerate was?

Wouldn't go that far. I'd say they are proper modern pop. People enjoy the music.

They were done with me when the middle aged woman who used work here liked them because she felt they were the "in thing". Soured with me from that moment.

They were done with me when the middle aged woman who used work here liked them because she felt they were the "in thing". Soured with me from that moment.
    I agree with you that they aren't great. I liked two songs off the 1st album. Hated everything else they did. Very much the new Snow Patrol AKA the biggest Irish band while U2 are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I dont "like" them myself but I would take them a million times before the Lady Gagas and Rihannas of the world. Theres a bit of decency in them like.

Lady Gaga > The Script. I was suprised at how much I enjoyed her at Oxegen!

Shamefully, I like Lady Gaga. She is funny and has good videos. Would not have her on my iPod mind you.

What's the most embarrassing song/artist ye have on your ipods? Have Michael Bublé on mine.

• Advertisement

Lady Gaga > The Script. I was suprised at how much I enjoyed her at Oxegen!

She along with Rihanna makes really catchy pop music, The Script like Take That are to boring for my liking.

What's the most embarrassing song/artist ye have on your ipods? Have Michael Bublé on mine.

I had that awful crowd who had a song in Scrubs (episode where one of them was in hospital and was missing his gig, so the evil blonde surgeon snuck the band in before the gig). Downloaded thr alum, and man was it awful crap.

Also had that Sam Sparro one. Brutal, awful terrible shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paolo Nutini is back again :)

Embarrassing music on my ipod?

album-5ive-greatest-hits.jpg
    :D

Ain't nothing to be ashamed of on my Ipod!

*Waits for the misses to point out half of the 90s dance music I have on the thing*

Ain't nothing to be ashamed of on my Ipod!

*Waits for the misses to point out half of the 90s dance music I have on the thing*

Haddaway?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Haddaway?

nothing to be ashamed of with that awesomness

*second time i've posted that in this thread iirc*

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

would love to see my chemical romance at oxegen, but I swore i'd never go back there!

SONIC2008 wrote: »
    would love to see my chemical romance at oxegen, but I swore i'd never go back there!

No you wouldnt.
    They dont do festivals very well unfortunately. :(

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I dont "like" them myself but I would take them a million times before the Lady Gagas and Rihannas of the world. Theres a bit of decency in them like.

Lady Gaga is actually a great, classically trained musician. She is way more talented than most moody, polo neck wearing indie bands! If you see her live, she is fantastic. I sound like a Lady Gaga mark, but is very talented.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement