Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'd still rather poke my eyes out than go to Oxegen but the Foo Fighters are a great band live. Then there's a few decent bands, OK stuff and dross. Other than Florence and The Machine, last years seemed like my version of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Too many drunken knackers at Oxegen to make it any way enjoyable tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

nothing to be ashamed of with that awesomness

*second time i've posted that in this thread iirc*

Tune brings back memories..:o

The original is pure filth.:pac:

I liked Atlantic 252 when I was a young fella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Florence and The Machine

Must say, I fail to see the buzz with this one as well. If shouting stuff is believed to be good now, God help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

New Cabinet

Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade: Eamon Gilmore (LAB)
    Minister for Finance: Michael Noonan (FG)
    Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform: Brendan Howlin (LAB)
    Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence: Alan Shatter (FG)
    Minister for Enterprise, Jobs and Innovation: Richard Bruton (FG)
    Minister for Education and Skills: Ruairi Quinn (LAB)
    Minister for Social Protection: Joan Burton (LAB)
    Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources: Pat Rabbitte (LAB)
    Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government: Phil Hogan (FG)
    Minister for Arts, Heritage and Gaeltacht Affairs: Jimmy Deenihan (FG)
    Minister for Agriculture, Marine and Food: Simon Coveney (FG)
    Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport: Leo Varadkar (FG)
    Minister for Health: James Reilly (FG)
    Minister for Children: Francis Fitzgerald (FG)

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Must say, I fail to see the buzz with this one as well. If shouting stuff is believed to be good now, God help us.

She's OK, has a few good songs but is definitely overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Lady Gaga is actually a great, classically trained musician. She is way more talented than most moody, polo neck wearing indie bands! If you see her live, she is fantastic. I sound like a Lady Gaga mark, but is very talented.

Thats cos most of those Skinny Jeans bands are cack anyway!

Shes not what I'd call talented, I'd call her smart. She knows what people want and she delivers. Her songs are complete rubbish though, they're about nothing and only serve for people to dance to in rubbish nightclubs imo. Jesus like Pokerface. What in the name of god is she goin on about. She's a big publicity whore aswell. When i see things in the paper about the outrageous clothes she wore to some awards or whatever, I mean really like. I'm suprised more people cant see through her to be honest. No offence to anyone who likes her, but quite frankly I'd love to spit on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Gerard.C wrote: »
    No offence to anyone who likes her, but quite frankly I'd love to spit on her.

Be careful there Ger, that could be part of her next video.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

flahavaj wrote: »
    Too many drunken knackers at Oxegen to make it any way enjoyable tbh.

Too many sh!t acts at Oxegen to make it any way enjoyable tbh. The line up this year is woeful!

....oh AND the drunken knackers dont help matters either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

CMpunked wrote: »
    Be careful there Ger, that could be part of her next video.

She'd only love it the cow.

Oh ya I saw you're post there a page or two back, 5ive were deadly! Keep On Movin is some song to be listenin to on a sunny day

• Advertisement

Thats cos most of those Skinny Jeans bands are cack anyway!

Shes not what I'd call talented, I'd call her smart. She knows what people want and she delivers. Her songs are complete rubbish though, they're about nothing and only serve for people to dance to in rubbish nightclubs imo. Jesus like Pokerface. What in the name of god is she goin on about. She's a big publicity whore aswell. When i see things in the paper about the outrageous clothes she wore to some awards or whatever, I mean really like. I'm suprised more people cant see through her to be honest. No offence to anyone who likes her, but quite frankly I'd love to spit on her.

Did you watch the video I linked? Speechless is a very good song. She is clearly talented. She is a classically trained musician. Whether she uses that talent or not isn't important (and I think she does as her songs are above most pop music). She definitely has potential to create great music. She probably will at some stage is she gets enough power at her record label.

She'd only love it the cow.

Oh ya I saw you're post there a page or two back, 5ive were deadly! Keep On Movin is some song to be listenin to on a sunny day

5ive were real men! Not like pussys like bruno mars or the script!
    I like to see them rock as hard as 5ive did when they done everybody get up. :cool:

I like gaga, some of her music is catchy and musically sounds pretty listenable. For example that vid that was posted above, its actually a good song.
    But i have to say when i seen that she arrived at the grammys in an egg.. and then stayed in it until she performed. It actually really annoyed me.
    All i could think was she was just attention seeking. Its more like she just didnt want to have to interact with someone before the show.

Did you watch the video I linked? Speechless is a very good song. She is clearly talented. She is a classically trained musician. Whether she uses that talent or not isn't important (and I think she does as her songs are above most pop music). She definitely has potential to create great music. She probably will at some stage is she gets enough power at her record label.

I watched something on her on mtv a few months back. She taught herself piano by ear when she was like 4/5.

Too many sh!t acts at Oxegen to make it any way enjoyable tbh. The line up this year is woeful!

....oh AND the drunken knackers dont help matters either!

Do people actually prefer last years Eminem/Jay Z stuff? No wonder there are so many Thuganomics fans here! Foo Fighters would make me think about going for a one day ticket were there not so many drunken knackers.

Do people actually prefer last years Eminem/Jay Z stuff?

I like jay z and eminem. Well. I like jay z and would have liked to see him live (not at oxegen mind).
    I thought they went down the route of doing a few rap and hip hop artists and they backed it up by getting the best of the best at what they do.
    No one in the world are bigger stars in their genres than the aforementioned.

Apart from Feile 95, I have never been to an open air concert or festival. Have no interest in them either. I find music, be it alternative, rock or house, far far better in a smaller venue.

I watched something on her on mtv a few months back. She taught herself piano by ear when she was like 4/5.

Yeah she has a natural talent for music. But she went to New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, which is very prestigious. There's a lot more to her than pop music. She was on the rock scene in New York for a good while. She's just doing what she has to do to get fame and attention.

I like jay z and eminem. Well. I like jay z and would have liked to see him live (not at oxegen mind).
    I thought they went down the route of doing a few rap and hip hop artists and they backed it up by getting the best of the best at what they do.
    No one in the world are bigger stars in their genres than the aforementioned.

But as Curt Hennig said....rap is crap :pac:

I have always thought that gaga is pop music for adults.

I also get the impression that she is having a laugh with her career. Sure, she may be attention seeking, but show me a popstar who does not crave the limelight.

Plus she has poked fun at herself in the telephone video with regard to her rumoured appendage!

Apart from Feile 95, I have never been to an open air concert or festival. Have no interest in them either. I find music, be it alternative, rock or house, far far better in a smaller venue.

Small venues are great, but some artists need a big open, massive ground to play on.

Foo Fighters would be one, Bon Jovi, Metallica do amazing things in a field!

• Advertisement

I have always thought that gaga is pop music for adults.

I also get the impression that she is having a laugh with her career. Sure, she may be attention seeking, but show me a popstar who does not crave the limelight.

Plus she has poked fun at herself in the telephone video with regard to her rumoured appendage!

Oh yeah she is totally having a laugh.

So, who is going to get post number 10000?

If it is me, I will dwell on it while I do a worthy write up for it.

Of course it will be you, if someone else posts it you'll probably just delete some really old posts. :P

I'll kick us off and say february 1st. :cool:
    glenjamin wrote: »
    February 28th :D
    Feb 15th.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    January 20th 2011

I guess Glenjamin got it by only being 11 days out. :)

I'd say about 6 lads will all see it is at 9,999 and all post at once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Make it a good/great post lads please. Don't waste it.

People seem to be afriad to post since PKs post!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm not :pac:

Probs will stop at the 9990 mark

People seem to be afriad to post since PKs post!!

I forgot to mention the awkward silence before 9,999 when nobody posts at all!

• Advertisement

This could be a momentus moment for a troll to post :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement