Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Rangers won't get there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'd say they have just as much chance as most of the other remaining teams, and they got a good draw away tonight. They were in the final just three years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Did you watch the video I linked? Speechless is a very good song. She is clearly talented. She is a classically trained musician. Whether she uses that talent or not isn't important (and I think she does as her songs are above most pop music). She definitely has potential to create great music. She probably will at some stage is she gets enough power at her record label.

Ya, its better than her radio songs but I still hate her. She's just a nuisance. There could be so much better on the radio, etc... instead of Disco Stick earning her millions like. Absolute abortion of a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I feel terrible for doing this, but i have to ask..
    Click on this link and if you find it funny, thank it.(the post in the link, not this one)
    My post..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Thanks whore
    D.Q wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll be the returning SR.

He is banned.

So, suffice to say, the 10000th post was a major major letdown. But this thread has pretty much had it all. We have had 166 different posters, probably more different topics discussed, we have had formations of various factions, we have had tantrums and love ins, we have had embargoes on certain topics, we have had numerous trolls, we have discussed politics of all kinds, local, European and national, we have had folks getting engaged, we have had volcanoes, we have had holidays, we have had weddings canceled due to force mujour, we have arranged meet ups, we have had resignations, we have revelled in the departure of users, we have mourned the loss of users, we have almost made certain celebs saints, we are a bedrock of the GAA Championships, we have serious issues with our musical tastes, we have accidentally spoiled stuff for others, we have annoyed each other, we have made each other laugh, some may even have cried, we will strive to 20000, we will try and make it quicker than the first 10000.

All in all we have had fun. May the fun continue and may the boards be with you.

with love and tears in my eyes,
    your hero (and mine)
    gimmick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

CMpunked wrote: »
    I feel terrible for doing this, but i have to ask..
    Click on this link and if you find it funny, thank it.(the post in the link, not this one)
    My post..

You ruined it by asking tbh.

gimmick wrote: »
    So, suffice to say, the 10000th post was a major major letdown. But this thread has pretty much had it all. We have had 166 different posters, probably more different topics discussed, we have had formations of various factions, we have had tantrums and love ins, we have had embargoes on certain topics, we have had numerous trolls, we have discussed politics of all kinds, local, European and national, we have had folks getting engaged, we have had volcanoes, we have had holidays, we have had weddings canceled due to force mujour, we have arranged meet ups, we have had resignations, we have revelled in the departure of users, we have mourned the loss of users, we have almost made certain celebs saints, we are a bedrock of the GAA Championships, we have serious issues with our musical tastes, we have accidentally spoiled stuff for others, we have annoyed each other, we have made each other laugh, some may even have cried, we will strive to 20000, we will try and make it quicker than the first 10000.

All in all we have had fun. May the fun continue and may the boards be with you.

with love and tears in my eyes,
    your hero (and mine)
    gimmick

Here here gimmick.
    Its amazing to think this is just supposed to be a pokey wrestling forum. :pac:

As for the thanks thing, im 6 behind a friend of mine who said he could stop me from getting more thanks than him.
    I probably wont hear the end of it if he beats me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I f'n love this place:)

10,000 posts. Not enough Flahavaj though. Jesus what an inspiration of a man. A Saint, a Scholar, a Scoundral and a Mighty Man. If you wake up in the morning and try to be a little more like Flahavaj you will do yourself the world of good. An maith, a Fhlahavaj mo chara, ta sé mar onóir a ghlaonn tu mo chara.

10,000 posts. Not enough Flahavaj Gerseen though. Jesus what an inspiration of a man. A Saint, a Scholar, a Scoundral and a Mighty Man. If you wake up in the morning and try to be a little more like Flahavaj Gerseen you will do yourself the world of good. An maith, a Fhlahavaj Gherseen mo chara, ta sé mar onóir a ghlaonn tu mo chara.

Ye see that little "h" I bolded lads. Watch and learn when this man speaks. Its little details like that that make Gersie one of the finest young men in the land. Eireann's loss is Asia's gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Flah is to Ger what Christian is to Liz;)

flahavaj wrote: »
    10,000 posts. Not enough Flahavaj Gerseen though. Jesus what an inspiration of a man. A Saint, a Scholar, a Scoundral and a Mighty Man. If you wake up in the morning and try to be a little more like Flahavaj Gerseen you will do yourself the world of good. An maith, a Fhlahavaj Gherseen mo chara, ta sé mar onóir a ghlaonn tu mo chara.

Ye see that little "h" I bolded lads. Watch and learn when this man speaks. Its little details like that that make Gersie one of the finest young men in the land. Eireann's loss is Asia's gain.

If ever a man deserved an uru tis the captain of the three ships himself!

Its a deeper and more meaningful love that I have for Ger. I have a chance with him.:pac:

He's more than that. You wouldnt find Christian bringing Liz for a bar of chocolate at half 3 in the morning after a barrel of Porter so you wouldnt

Gerard.C wrote: »
    He's more than that. You wouldnt find Christian bringing Liz for a bar of chocolate at half 3 in the morning after a barrel of Porter so you wouldnt

A small bar of shocklate and a box of matches bai

Flah and Ger, this ones for you guys:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,453 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LIVE AT THE MARQUEE CORK 2011

THE FRAMES 11-June '11 on sale now €35.00
    ERASURE 15-June '11 on sale now €44.20, 35.00
    BOB DYLAN 16-June '11 on sale Monday 14th March €65, 76.25
    IMELDA MAY 17-June '11 on sale Thurs 10th March €30, €35
    KATHERINE LYNCH 18-June '11 on sale Thurs 10th March €30 fully seated
    TOM JONES 19-June '11 on sale Thurs 10th March €40, €54.80
    GRINDERMAN 20-June '11 on sale now €49.20
    PAUL SIMON 21-June '11 on sale Tues 15th March €60, 70.70
    BRYAN ADAMS 22-June '11 on sale now €59.80, 65.70, 70.70
    IMELDA MAY 23-June '11 Sold Out €30, €35
    ALEXANDRA BURKE 24-June '11 on sale now €30, €39.20
    CHRISTY MOORE with Declan Sinott 25-June '11 on sale now €35, 40, 45
    FLEET FOXES 26-June '11 on sale now €39.20
    ELTON JOHN 28-June '11 on sale now €69.50, 85, 95
    BELL X1 1-July '11 on sale now €33.60
    WESTLIFE 9-July '11 on sale Friday 11th March €45, €54.80

Some rumours on the radio suggest Bon Jovi could also be added to the line up but I think the venue is too small for them

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Some rumours on the radio suggest Bon Jovi could also be added to the line up but I think the venue is too small for them

That would be pretty dam amazing.
    Their shows are on the 30th so that leaves it about 2 weeks between that and cork.
    Could work i suppose.
    My sister (a serious die hard fan) has feelings that this is the last tour for them and apparently they said on an interview that they were considering some side gigs separate to the tour in different places that theyre used to.
    Of course this is where the rumors could have started from.

I'd say there'll be some fanny at the Tom Jones concert.

If Bon Jovi are playing in feckin Cork and I'm in Thailand I will be upset. I wouldnt mind seeing them at all this summer. And Bryan Adams either actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Sure you can always come up to civilisation in Dublin and see them at the RDS :pac:

• Advertisement

Sure you can always come up to civilisation in Dublin and see them at the RDS :pac:

I'm going to Bankok for a year in 3 weeks, tisnt that I dont want to go to Dublin at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,453 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just seen the images of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan :( god help them all

I've been watching all these tsunami videos on youtube for ages. Fascinating but horrible at the same time.

A friend of mine on facebook earlier on put up:
    "Feck sake, with that rain we'll be washed out of here with a flood."
    He got replies from loads of people on his course asking him what sort of an insensitive prick he was.
    Poor lad had only gotten up, didnt put on the telly or anything at that stage.
    Funny, but not funny at the same time.

Whats going on there is crazy mad. But something interesting is this is the first major disaster to happen where social media has actually been more of a source of information than the newscasters.

It just goes to show that we're just here on mother nature's terms. Earthquakes, volcanoes and mother****ing asteroids are good examples of that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My cousin had to spend the night at his place of work in japan as a result of it, there were also apparently warning for Taiwan but I'd not have even known therE was anything unusual going on had I not gotten an email from the folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It is snowing outside!!!! Its March ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

What's the most embarrassing song/artist ye have on your ipods? Have Michael Bublé on mine.
    James Blunt

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭SONIC2008

Gerard.C wrote: »
    anyone here know a decent website (besides lastminute.ie) to book flights to thailand on by any chance?
    I booked my flights from shannon to bangkok with Twohigs. They are based in Dublin. They were the cheapest we found online. The return flights were just under €700 for a trip in June.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    It is snowing outside!!!! Its March ffs.

Apparently t'will snow on Paddy's Day too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement