Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just eating some ice cream, and it tastes like someone opened it before me and sprayed some Lynx or something on it. :(

Old sp-ice cream!?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

flahavaj wrote: »

You deserve to be hanged for that, but so do I cos I chuckled! :)

Minto wrote: »
    You deserve to be hanged for that, but so do I cos I chuckled! :)

I kill me.:)

Jesus Scousers getting eaten alive here. Unbelievable considering the start they got.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

To Comic-Book-Guy, i apologise for saying your comedy sucked.

I kill me.:)

Jesus Scousers getting eaten alive here. Unbelievable considering the start they got.:eek:

Yea, muhahahaha!!! Thank f*ck, I was just playing soccer with a loada pool fans who where all mouth about the match. Can't wait to text em all later!

• Advertisement

Yea, muhahahaha!!! Thank f*ck, I was just playing soccer with a loada pool fans who where all mouth about the match. Can't wait to text em all later!

Haha they've been bauld as brass lately, no harm to keep 'em down for a bit.:pac:

Haha they've been bauld as brass lately, no harm to keep 'em down for a bit.:pac:

It's the only resons I want the scum united to win the league! Can't be arsed listening to the scousers go on about finally winning the league!

I gotta admit, I laughed. :o:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pool fans, all mouth? I've been there.

Barca had some game tonight. Poor ol Hans Jorge Butt - looks like he doesn't know his Butt from his hans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It got blocked from mine yesterday! ****ing nerves are shot all day wondering about the draft, its taken over my life!:pac:

Hidemyass.com is always helpful in those kinda situations. ;)

• Advertisement

Hidemyass.com is always helpful in those kinda situations. ;)

That'll help me gat around work filters?

Only thing is if the work filter blocks that website I'm still f*cked!

what about faceboards.ie?

Two fantastic looking films out this week and next week for all the action fans we have here:

First is on Friday:
    Fast and Furious.

Not much to be said about it as everyone has seen at least one!
    Basically its the original cast, including Vin Diesel.

"New model, Original parts" ha, nice.

Out next week:
    Crank 2

Basic plot:
    Jason statham again in an over the top high energy action film.

If you have seen the first one you know what to expect, Chev is back where the first one finished and the bad guys have stolen his heart..
    Thats right, his heart, so now he is on a wizard of oz style quest to find it, while trying to keep the artificial one charged up.

If you Havent seen the first one then i expect you watch it before this one, because most would expect a half plausible story with a typical hero role.
    But no, far from it:

what about faceboards.ie?

Think I tried that and all the other versions of boards designed for this type of thing, but I'll certainly give it a lash agai, thanks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Anyone else seen the trailer for Sasha Baron Cohen's new film coming out in the Summer, 'Bruno'? Not sure I should link it, as it is a bit rude :pac:. Looks funny though.

That'll help me gat around work filters?

Only thing is if the work filter blocks that website I'm still f*cked!

Any one out of these lists should work.

Basically they get around your blocking filter.
    When you type in "Boards.ie" then the server is automatically detecting the name and blocking you.

Use one of these sites and what it does is goes to the sites thats blocked but uses substitute characterisation that the server wont recognise as a blocked site.

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Proxying_and_Filtering/Hosted_Proxy_Services/Free/Proxy_Lists/

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Proxying_and_Filtering/Hosted_Proxy_Services/Free/CGI_Proxy/

Chances are that these pages will be blocked,
    Because they have the words "Filter" or "Proxy" or anything like that.

So best thing to do is find one that doesnt look too suspicious when you put it in your address bar.

Examples:
    https://www.vtunnel.com/

http://www.bot24.info/

Any one out of these lists should work.

Basically they get around your blocking filter.
    When you type in "Boards.ie" then the server is automatically detecting the name and blocking you.

Use one of these sites and what it does is goes to the sites thats blocked but uses substitute characterisation that the server wont recognise as a blocked site.

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Proxying_and_Filtering/Hosted_Proxy_Services/Free/Proxy_Lists/

http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Proxying_and_Filtering/Hosted_Proxy_Services/Free/CGI_Proxy/

Chances are that these pages will be blocked,
    Because they have the words "Filter" or "Proxy" or anything like that.

So best thing to do is find one that doesnt look too suspicious when you put it in your address bar.

Examples:
    https://www.vtunnel.com/

http://www.bot24.info/

Thats unreal, thank you so much.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Anyone else seen the trailer for Sasha Baron Cohen's new film coming out in the Summer, 'Bruno'? Not sure I should link it, as it is a bit rude :pac:. Looks funny though.

Bruno always had my favourite skit of all of Sasha's stuff.

"Now say high to Austrian Gay TV"

:D

Bubs101 wrote: »

"You're SO good looking and don't you know it!":pac:

Should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Bubs101 wrote: »

lol, very funny character! This film is bound to cause controversy, just like Borat.

The clip in the trailer where he picks up the box from the luggage belt in the airport and there is a real baby inside, the look on the womans face :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

One of my favorite clips ever.

Pm me, Pm me now!
    Been trying to find a decent bruno trailer that isnt just part of the show.

See he will be introducing Borat on Ch4 next week :)

Sasha is a genius, taking two characters who appeared on ali g and were quite boring at the time and gave them more and more attention until it got this far.

Anyone else would probably just give up on the other characters who the public find boring and concentrate on squeezing everything out of the main character.

And if that was the case we would still be walking around going "Boyakasha!" :rolleyes:

Not at all a problem Flav, I know how frustrating these buggers can be.

I spent months in college working around the filters in college before.
    I knew the guy who maintained the college server and network and i remember him saying his job had become bland and boring.

So when they ended up blocking bebo after the introduction of hairdressing (i expect a connection), i made his life hell being able to get around everything he put up! :D

Best thing is..
    He never knew it was me!

Omg, Brúno looks quite brilliant!

Less overly offensive and more just more brilliant comedy.

Obviously after Borat he didnt want to get as sued as he did with this one.

And the big deal of making a point that Borat is a fictional character is kinda weird too.

All in all, thanks RRC for the link. :D
    I guess i was forgetting the accent over the U.

I really don't wanna sound like a bollocks here but at the same time, but at the sametime, we got waaaaay back to IWW forum days, so here goes.

This is a friendly reminder to let you know that your job has filters set up for a reason. Therefore by visiting a site they don't want you to see through a proxy server will actually violate the terms and conditions of your employers internet policy.

Translation - You stand a pretty good chance of getting sacked if they catch you.

Food for thought.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I really don't wanna sound like a bollocks here but at the same time, but at the sametime, we got waaaaay back to IWW forum days, so here goes.

This is a friendly reminder to let you know that your job has filters set up for a reason. Therefore by visiting a site they don't want you to see through a proxy server will actually violate the terms and conditions of your employers internet policy.

Translation - You stand a pretty good chance of getting sacked if they catch you.

Food for thought.

Extremely good point there.
    And one that totally passed me. ( i was going to say bypassed me but then i know i wouldve gotten this: :rolleyes:)

Anywayyyy...
    Flahavaj, what is it that comes up when you try and access boards?

Just when the MMA board thought they had enough Pro Wrestling related stuff in there, with the likes of Brock and Bobby Lashley appearing up in occasional threads.

Have a peekski in there and see who just got made a new mod. :D
    Congrats m'man, i expect a few more *hic* posts soon.

Ha ha, I was expecting rovert to be the new MMA mod, but his response to the news of orestes being made mod was priceless. I've posted it below.
    rovert wrote: »
    *Hides*

I'm gonna say this only once folks, do not turn this into a rovert bashing event! You've no idea the heat i've taken so far over the biki entry alone, and i'd like to enjoy my long weekend!

ShawnRaven wrote: »

Food for thought.
    Cheers for the advice, man. I had every intention of treading very carefully with those websites anyway. Last thing I need is the P45 in the current climate!:D

And thanks again to CBG for helping anyway. At the end of the day all I need do is bring my laptop to work if I'm THAT anxious to surf the net.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the advice, man. I had every intention of treading very carefully with those websites anyway. Last thing I need is the P45 in the current climate!:D

Especially when employers are LOOKING for excuses to sack people.
    And thanks again to CBG for helping anyway. At the end of the day all I need do is bring my laptop to work if I'm THAT anxious to surf the net.

Dont even have to go that far, if you have one of those vodafone/o2 wireless connections, only only need to plug that into your work PC and use a seperate browser with the default settings (try Portable Firefox that runs off a USB stick), that way it wont get traced back to the company's IT department.

Oh dear, i've said too much already, haven't I? :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement