Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How am I only seeing this today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »
    Don't do it Ger. What am I going to do, who's posts am I going to thank now?

I'll be on for ya every now an agin flah bai. Theres some heat and smell of shít here lads. Its unreal here though. I met a man from Galway Diabhal, he was sound and I tore him apart for the hammerin we gave ye in the league last weekend. Then I bought him a pint for a euro. Great times. Lovely country, you wouldnt believe the positivity here. Its a welcome change from Anglo this, Bailout that. Lovely country and loads of jobs for any of ye with a piece of paper that says ye finished college.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I'll be on for ya every now an agin flah bai. Theres some heat and smell of shít here lads. Its unreal here though. I met a man from Galway Diabhal, he was sound and I tore him apart for the hammerin we gave ye in the league last weekend. Then I bought him a pint for a euro. Great times. Lovely country, you wouldnt believe the positivity here. Its a welcome change from Anglo this, Bailout that. Lovely country and loads of jobs for any of ye with a piece of paper that says ye finished college.

what I always say about Taiwan, the attitude of the general public and the opportunities make it (and other places like where you are) such an attractive possibility for Irish people especially atm. Doesent smell like Sh!t here though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »

Sure apart from the heat you'd be well used to the smlel of sh*t down in Tipp anyway boooooooooy!

Glad you're settling in well horse and enjoying it so far. If I was just out of college in the state the country is in now I'd be over there like a shot, I'd say its an amzing experience for a year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nice to know that even in the furthest reaches of our galaxy that there's always a Galwegian to chastise about previous hurling League matches :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Anyone else having fun filling in this Census Form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gave up on it. The missus is doing it instead. Do not have the pateience to answer stupid questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Heartbreaking what is happening young Rory here..;:(:(:(

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Heartbreaking what is happening young Rory here..;:(:(:(

Meltdown He'll be back though, To do what he did at his age this week is itself extraordinary.:(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thought I'd post this in here for you's...

6a00d83451b84f69e20147e3e2b081970b-600wi

Shane O Mac with Rory at the end of his round today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

gimmick wrote: »
    Gave up on it. The missus is doing it instead. Do not have the pateience to answer stupid questions.

Brother did ours. He loves doing them sort of things. There such stupid questions

cena wrote: »
    Brother did ours. He loves doing them sort of things. There such stupid questions

Like what? Its a bit of a pain in the hole filling it out but its pretty obvious why they want to know the things they do in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Like what? Its a bit of a pain in the hole filling it out but its pretty obvious why they want to know the things they do in all fairness.
    Form filling stuff etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I thought the question about 'what year was your property built' is a bit ridiculous, in that how many people would actually know when their accommodation was built? How are the thousands of foreigners living here going to have any idea about that.

I just left this question blank, the others were fairly straight-forward though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

*Hides his CSO work ID before commenting in thread for fear of Census questions*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Sure apart from the heat you'd be well used to the smlel of sh*t down in Tipp anyway boooooooooy!

Glad you're settling in well horse and enjoying it so far. If I was just out of college in the state the country is in now I'd be over there like a shot, I'd say its an amzing experience for a year or two.

We wouldnt be used to the heat in Tipp at all. Ye must be well used to gettin roasted in Waterford by now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Just filled out the census there, it took in all about 10 minutes. Some of the questions were strange but nothing unanswerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

CMpunked wrote: »
    Just filled out the census there, it took in all about 10 minutes. Some of the questions were strange but nothing unanswerable.
    Not enough wrestling orientated questions for my liking.

Yeah I was expecting:

[ ]Vince screwed Bret
    [ ]Bret screwed Bret

To be a question. :pac:

How wrong is punching a really really annoying woman in the face? Doubt I ever would but grrr she is literally doing everything she can to drive me fkn nuts atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I would say very wrong!

D.Q wrote: »
    I would say very wrong!

Well yeah I know hense id never do it but this one woman is frustrating me so much at work atm and I guess I just wanted to vent so off to PW off topic I went with my verbalisation of how i felt at that moment... like id love to punch her in the face.

She isnt too bad but she is just one of those woman who does not listen. Twice there has been personal discussions or problems between the two of us relating to our shared work that are nobody elses business, you know the kind of thing when one asks opinions of co-workers for example, and each time I have made a point of saying something like "obviously dont say this to anyone else" or that type of thing. However she immediatley then uses my words or acts on something that I mentioned or whatever despite me saying to her face not to do that. grrr

Obviously im just going to avoid discussions with her when i can, just do my job etc but when you work with someone who have to deal with them regularily and its best to act friendly etc if you want them not to make your work more of a hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I know a few people like that in work myself. Pain in the arse, best thing is to just avoid them altogether, once bitten twice shy sort of thing. Is she irish/english or local?

http://epicfunnys.com/wp-content/uploads/snooki/2009/12/snooki-FalconPunch.gif

option is always there!

D.Q wrote: »
    I know a few people like that in work myself. Pain in the arse, best thing is to just avoid them altogether, once bitten twice shy sort of thing. Is she irish/english or local?

http://epicfunnys.com/wp-content/uploads/snooki/2009/12/snooki-FalconPunch.gif

option is always there!

She's local, has good english though so its not a lost in translation kinda thing...

for example today the thing that set me off was that a co-worker, her superior (she thinks she is above me cos she worked in the office side of the school longer but technically if anything im above her but that aside for the moment) came to me and asked me quietly if what he heard from her was true. He said that she had said i was hitting on her (to put it lightly), at which point i laughed in his face which actually made him laugh as I apologised for laughing at what he said but no i did not and would not. He said he thought as much and hated the girly gossip in some offices etc, later when I had class she was there helping some of the slower kids between classes and I spoke to her.

I asked her discreetly if she had made any comments about me hitting on her or any form of thing like that. I said that I didnt like asking this but that I had done no such thing, I am in a relationship already and that I would consider spreading gossip like that to be very unprofessional. She said she hadnt but that maybe some joke was misconstrued or something simlar and asked who told me this saying she now felt bad and would like to talk to them. I then said something which i ended up repeating around 7 times that it didnt matter who said it to me, that I told them that, that was not the case, they believed me and that she shouldent feel bad as she didnt do anything and that I didnt feel bad towards her. I said that we should leave it at that and that speaking to anyone else would just make it a bigger issue than what it is and that I now considerd it a non issue as it wasnt true and she never said it.

Then on my way home on the train I get a call from the same guy who spoke to me earlier about her saying she had sent out some ambigious email to a few people (the people she thought she may have made a joke to) saying not to take jokes she says in the office seriously and that she wouldent want to offend people etc...

F'kn no need for any of this garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fúck all that. Is she hot?

gimmick wrote: »
    Fúck all that. Is she hot?

not at all, like she aint ugly but you wouldent even think about it tbh. Her emails are the worst, needs to be one line about how she is helping some kids and the might be ahead a few pages in some book or something and yet turns into a mini essay about how she came from a poor area of the countryside and can associate with kids considerd in a poorer group (the slower ones) and blah blah blah (its nice to know your a good person and Im not an asshole but...) more stuff that should just be kept in your head.

I dont even know how to respond to them, I'd swear every one is like an apology for doing what she supposed to do which explains why she does it.

Yep im still venting as I just got another email from her like the above ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

LEGEND.

2pzxuyo.jpg

Legend seems so inadequate a word.

I'm not a fan of football as I once was, but I'll always be a fan of giggs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He'll always overshadow Scholesy though which I find sad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement