Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

He'll always overshadow Scholesy though which I find sad
    Poor Scholes just can't tackle Giggs' popularity ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

He'll always overshadow Scholesy though which I find sad

Imagine how Gary Neville feels!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Voltwad wrote: »
    Poor Scholes just can't tackle Giggs' popularity ;)

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Imagine how Gary Neville feels!

I actually prefer Neville to any United player ever. He was an excellent ****. Everybody hated him.

I actually prefer Neville to any United player ever. He was an excellent ****. Everybody hated him.

What about King Eric? Neville might have gotten rowdy at a few City games but he never Kung-Foo kicked anyone.

• Advertisement

Cantona was a gentleman compared to Neville.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY0Lf08ni9ED-xz-fGGb2jJLok5q-86wIVKl6T1UunpNmg1S76fA

Gary-Neville-Liverpool-500x337.jpg

Anyone watching the Boxing? Felt so bad for McCloskey, his gameplan was obvious, he was going to expose Khan for the over-rated cúnt he is. Taken away from him then by a horrible Doctor and Ref's decision. No rematch either I suppose because of what a few pieces of paper say. Disgraceful night for Boxing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Nah missed that fight, but I did watch the McBride/Adamek fight last week. Adamek won on points but McBride did well to go 12 rounds with him.

Adamek will now go on to fight WBC champ Vitali Klitschko in September.

Galway vs Waterford

Diabhal vs Fla

Canning vs The World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Galway vs Waterford

Diabhal vs Fla

Canning vs The World

Phew, one point win for the Deise!

• Advertisement

We weren't deserving of a Final this year. Dubs deserve it more than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Insane final few minutes at the Arse game. :pac:

Heartbreaking for an Arsenal fan.:(

Amusing if not though.:o

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Insane final few minutes at the Arse game. :pac:

Heartbreaking for an Arsenal fan.:(

Amusing if not though.:o

They were both penalties though, ref got it spot on, Eboue is just so clumsy.

Arsenal cost themselves the match. Gave away a stupid free-kick and then when they jumped over that hurdle they gave away a stupid penalty.

2e50588.jpg

Please don't include mascots in minute silences again lads. :pac:

Talk about inapporpriate:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Haha, thought the same.

To hell with Arsenal. The amount of silly points they drop means they deserve everything they get. I used like them, but they just annoy me now, and Wengers attitude is plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Dirk Kuyt:):D

In all fairness though, it's amazing to think Arsenal can blow the title race (again) by letting go of a lead after getting a penalty in the 97th min.

Carragher injury looked nasty out, great to hear he's alright.

King Kenny telling Arsene to piss off was 1 of the highlights though

Loved seeing Liverpool equalize though. You'll always hear ****e about "never give up attitudes" etc but this proved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Loved seeing Liverpool equalize though. You'll always hear ****e about "never give up attitudes" etc but this proved it.

wwe-john-cena-t-shirt-7723-1008-26-moresales@1.jpg

Cena is a Spurs man..

SpursCenaREX_468x386.jpg

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    2e50588.jpg

Please don't include mascots in minute silences again lads. :pac:

Talk about inapporpriate:pac::pac:

I know from out outsider point of view it looks ridiculous that a guy in a big green costume is included at a time of paying respects, but Gunnersaurus Rex and Danny Fiszman were both with Arsenal for the past 20 years, both were part of the furniture at the club, there's really nothing inappropriate with GR being included in the one minute silence.

It's the way they do things at Arsenal, everyone respects each other no matter their social status, from the highest payed player all the way down to the part-time old tea-lady.

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ Haha, thought the same.

To hell with Arsenal. The amount of silly points they drop means they deserve everything they get. I used like them, but they just annoy me now, and Wengers attitude is plain wrong.

Your right about one thing, Arsenal deserve f*ck all this season for the amount of points dropped, notably the 4-4 against Newcastle and draws in the last few weeks against pi$$ poor teams such as Sunderland, West Brom and Blackburn, but it's hard to question Wengers attitude.

He has an amazing attitude and work-ethic for Arsenal, and the game of football in general. This guy practically works 16 hours a day for Arsenal, has nurtured dozens of amazing young talent, playing very attractive style of football, and kept Arsenal in the green financially, whilst teams like Man United are riddled with debt.

Fair enough, Arsenal have bottled it more often than not in the big games this year, but the players attitude is to blame more than Wengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

*hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Charisteas wrote: »
    Fair enough, Arsenal have bottled it more often than not in the big games this year, but the players attitude is to blame more than Wengers.

Don't Blame it on Wenger
    Don't Blame it on Tranfers
    Don't Blame it on Supporters
    Blame it on Eboue!!

By Wengers attitude I mean his absolute ineptitude, or unwillingness, in the trabnsfer market. He ahs never replaced Keown/Adams adequately. He started this season without a professional goalkeeper on his books. He never replaced Viera. He insists on insisting that Bendtnar is not complete shíte, despite the fact that he is probably the worst striker to ever play regularly for a top 4 club.

Add the fact that he genuinely seems to think that the world is aginst him makes him extremely unpopular in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I thought Wengers whole deal is that to hell with winning anything, let's just make a lot of profit - buy smart, youth system, sell 'em off for a lot more.....Great manager for a shareholder.....the opposite for a supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Charisteas wrote: »
    Your right about one thing, Arsenal deserve f*ck all this season for the amount of points dropped, notably the 4-4 against Newcastle and draws in the last few weeks against pi$$ poor teams such as Sunderland, West Brom and Blackburn, but it's hard to question Wengers attitude.

The same West Brom that beat them at the Emirates?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I thought Wengers whole deal is that to hell with winning anything, let's just make a lot of profit - buy smart, youth system, sell 'em off for a lot more.....Great manager for a shareholder.....the opposite for a supporter.

I think he thinks that winning is an obnoxious show of wealth.

He is like these anti fashion people. People who deliberately wear awful clothes, because wearing nice stuff is too conformist.

He's too afraid to admit when he's wrong. In every sense. He could have got better cover for Vermaelan than Squillachi but he didn't. He could have gotten a proper keeper but he didn't.

He is likely to never win anything ever again aside from the FA Cup or the Carling Cup. He doesn't even have a team that plays attractive football anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

thread title changed, Ger C who (sorry Flah) it's Voltwad's day apparently :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement