Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

There were not celebrations, people just watched it and looked at the photos, clips etc. Much like they would any glamorous event like the inauguration of an American president.

There is a difference in having a mild interest in a big world event and actively celebrating it. The anti-Royal stuff I'm seeing doesn't see that difference.

All the other guff about the state of Ireland is pretty irrelevant. Enjoying a glamorous event is not against the law if the country is in a recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

There were not celebrations, people just watched it and looked at the photos, clips etc. Much like they would any glamorous event like the inauguration of an American president.

There is a difference in having a mild interest in a big world event and actively celebrating it. The anti-Royal stuff I'm seeing doesn't see that difference.

All the other guff about the state of Ireland is pretty irrelevant. Enjoying a glamorous event is not against the law if the country is in a recession.

I cant fathom the pro-royal stuff to be honest with you but whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The brits do a hell of a lot for us more so than any other country tbf.

CMpunked wrote: »
    The brits do a hell of a lot for us more so than any other country tbf.

And rightly so. But that has nothing to do with the monarchy. They're just horrible.

I already said earlier, I'm not being pro-royal. There is a pretty massive difference in being pro-royal and with being anti-royal to the point of complaining about other people enjoying an elaborate wedding. It's not every day that there is something like that, people like seeing the pomp and ceremony. I can see why they do. People enjoying watching a bit of glamour, pageantry and nice clothes has nothing in the world to do with Ireland being in a recession.

That is not me waving a Union Jack and being pro-royalty. I'm not fussed either way, but getting rid of them wouldn't make much of a difference. The money saved in paying their various expenses would be lost through tourism and other revenue.

• Advertisement

Ya but what kind of a man likes, as you put it, "watching a bit of glamour, pageantry and nice clothes". Jesus like. Its not even the whole Brits Out thing, like did they take our bollix off us in the budget or what? Go out and kick a ball off a wall for a while or something instead of watching that brain dead nonsense. My god what way is the world gone at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

jmolloy wrote: »

Who'll be new main heel now? Gaddafi has got a strong push recently. Obama finally deserving his role as top face now.

But seriously, there is now one less demented, evil bastard in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Who'll be new main heel now?

will_i_am-4.jpg

Biggest heel in the world for me right now...

jmolloy wrote: »

Nice one, actual news!

He should show up on Raw tonight with R-Truth, imagine the heat

• Advertisement

Hitler announced as dead on may 1st 1945, Bin Laden announced dead on may 1st, 2011.

Coincidence?
    Yes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Supposidly this be leaked pics of his body from a Pakistani tv station m.lockers.com/s/97973333

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Waiting until Obama gets re-elected. Pulls off a mask to reveal he's actually Osama Bin Laden.

"IT WAS MEEE! IT WAS ME AAALL ALONG AUSTIN!!"

It really says something about me when I woke up this morning the first thing I done was heard about bin ladens death while reading the results of extreme rules.
    Did I stop reading the results and go to sky news or something? Hell no!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

CMpunked wrote: »
    It really says something about me when I woke up this morning the first thing I done was heard about bin ladens death while reading the results of extreme rules.
    Did I stop reading the results and go to sky news or something? Hell no!

That's commitment for ya

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My mother came into my bedroom this morning saying "Obama is dead! They got Obama!"

I was shocked for the few moments it took her to realise her mistake <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The great boxer Sir Henry Cooper also died yesterday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/13256051.stm

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Ya but what kind of a man likes, as you put it, "watching a bit of glamour, pageantry and nice clothes". Jesus like. Its not even the whole Brits Out thing, like did they take our bollix off us in the budget or what? Go out and kick a ball off a wall for a while or something instead of watching that brain dead nonsense. My god what way is the world gone at all

Forgot there was a strict "man code". Anyway, there are more than men in the world.

The budget comment is not exactly correct either. It is not as if everything was rosy in the garden and then those dam Brits sneakily came along and screwed us. A bit of reason wouldn't go amiss is discussions.

He was right. That mad bastärd was right!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Great Opening week for Fast 5 in US

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3152&p=.htm
    Smoking Fast and Furious's April opening record, Fast Five made off with a redline-busting estimated $83.6 million at 3,644 locations over the weekend. The action sequel shot past Fast and Furious's $71 million start for a new franchise high.
    Fast Five more than doubled fellow Rio de Janeiro adventure, Rio ($39.2 million), to claim the biggest opening of 2011. It was also the third highest-grossing opening weekend outside of the summer and holiday seasons, behind Alice in Wonderland (2010)'s $116.1 million and The Passion of the Christ's $83.8 million.

• Advertisement

Forgot there was a strict "man code". Anyway, there are more than men in the world.

The budget comment is not exactly correct either. It is not as if everything was rosy in the garden and then those dam Brits sneakily came along and screwed us. A bit of reason wouldn't go amiss is discussions.

Talking to the wall it would appear. We'll agree to disagree, too much time given to something I wouldnt consider important anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

feckin internet went out for a day and a half missed ER & Raw but found out about Osama anyway. tis weird when the internet goes though as you realise how dependant you can be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else hear that Richie Kavanagh is dead, is it true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Donated blood for the first time there.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone else hear that Richie Kavanagh is dead, is it true?

Jesus that would be a travesty if it was true, what a legend. He never codded no one no time in his life

Lads I dont know too much in the way of the internet and technology, and i dont know if asking this is against the rules so if it is will the mods please edit this, but I've been told that I can watch RTE player abroad if I have an Irish Proxy or something along those lines. Would a kind hearted soul send a misfortunate Emmagint a PM with the details of such a thing if they know what I'm on about.

If not, no hassle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Donated blood for the first time there.

Fair play DB! I am a regular donor - Given full blood three times and donating blood platelets for the third time tomorrow! Its a great thing to do, doesn't take effort and does save lives! Will you donate again do you think?

I encourage everyone to donate if and when they can! Visit the website or ask me if you have any questions www.giveblood.ie

To the world you may be one person - but to one person you may be the world!

(ps i know all this may seen very hallmarkey but i am adamantly behind blood donation - its vitally important!)

i have a question about blood donating;
    How much do they take? How long does it take?
    Its something which i have always thought of doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

straight up full blood? they take about a pint.
    start to finish it takes about an hour but thats just because you have to fill out forms and talk to a nurse - the actual donating process can take between 5 and 20 minutes. It gets quicker the more you donate. (if you go to one of the moving blood drives itll take longer than if you poip into D'olier st - but thats just down to the volume of people there!)

Anything else just shout! Fair play for considering it! :)

• Advertisement

straight up full blood? they take about a pint.

A pint?
    Holy Cow!

I had blood tests once and nearly passed out, nearly. So im not sure how i would do for 15 minutes! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement