Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I suppose the other option I have is to actually do some work........:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

flahavaj wrote: »
    I suppose the other option I have is to actually do some work........:pac:

Jesus no!

4 day weekend starts tonight!!! And what better way to start it with, eh, washing and ironing.

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    4 day weekend starts tonight!!! And what better way to start it with, eh, washing and ironing.

At least you have something to do. Im on a FAS course at the moment, so we're not back til wednesday, and i've absolutely, 100% Nothing to do with my self for those days. Boring as f*ck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anyone watching the golf (I'm only watching bits to check te score)?

Rory McIlroy is good, put have you noticed his driver is almost as tall as him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is height important? How many lurkers do you think read this thread?

• Advertisement

Dunno, but as someone who posts in PW in general, i know i barely ever read it. It's usually just talking about other sports :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is height important? How many lurkers do you think read this thread?

SR should be able to answer this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

SR should be able to answer this.

I'm no expert, but i'll attempt this.
    Drivers in general are the longest type of club in a caddy. The shaft (oo'er Missus!) of the club is a good bit longer, to cater for faster swinging, like any wood (*splutter*) club. Wooden clubs, especially drivers tend to have massive heads (ah here now!), to knock the balls (alright, alright, that's enough!) a further distance.

But there's strictly no sex involved.
    natalie-gulbis.jpg

Although i wouldn't mind a couple of lessons from LPGA golfer, Natalie Gulbis, who by coincidence, I share a birthday with. :)
    Rory McIlroy uses a custom driver, and the fact that he's only 5'9 doesn't help his cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Wood, golf, sexy blonde female, Rory McIlroy..................................

We now have the script to the next spiderman movie :pac:

Wood, golf, sexy blonde female, Rory McIlroy..................................

We now have the script to the next Batman movie :pac:

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

*hic*

orestes wrote: »
    *hic*

God help the MMA forum when he brings the OTB over there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I'm no expert, but i'll attempt this.
    Drivers in general are the longest type of club in a caddy. The shaft (oo'er Missus!) of the club is a good bit longer, to cater for faster swinging, like any wood (*splutter*) club. Wooden clubs, especially drivers tend to have massive heads (ah here now!), to knock the balls (alright, alright, that's enough!) a further distance.

But there's strictly no sex involved.
    natalie-gulbis.jpg

Although i wouldn't mind a couple of lessons from LPGA golfer, Natalie Gulbis, who by coincidence, I share a birthday with. :)
    Rory McIlroy uses a custom driver, and the fact that he's only 5'9 doesn't help his cause.

I had no idea you took yur clubs in a caddy!:D

Degag wrote: »
    I had no idea you took yur clubs in a caddy!:D

Doh, in a bag even! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone else working today? Here til lunchtime at least, then I have the pleasure of doing garden work for the remainder of the day. Good friday eh? And the missus insists that no meat be eaten. Thats no good. At least I have a good stash of beer at home to make it all good at about 8pm this evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Not that I'm religious or care but anybody else notice that more people drink on good Friday than normal Fridays? Is it a kind of underage drinking "I'm not allowed" Buzz or something?

I worked in an off licence for a few years and the Thursday night before good Friday was always crazy busy with people stocking up for fear of not getting a drink the following day seems a bit odd if there not actually alcoholics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Not that I'm religious or care but anybody else notice that more people drink on good Friday than normal Fridays? Is it a kind of underage drinking "I'm not allowed" Buzz or something?

people stock up on thrusday just in case they want to go drinking and then because they've bought it they think they might as well get slashed

I worked in an off licence for a few years and the Thursday night before good Friday was always crazy busy with people stocking up for fear of not getting a drink the following day seems a bit odd if there not actually alcoholics.

Its the one day of the year you cannot drink, therefore you have to. You will also see various locals busy out by midday saturday morning, and not just becasue Liverpool are on telly.

gimmick wrote: »
    You will also see various locals busy out by midday saturday morning, and not just becasue Liverpool are on telly.

I know its madness IMO you'd swear they hadn't a drink in months even though its probably a cure there going for from the night before.

I myself am afraid of the gatt, haven't really enjoyed the drink since I gave up the cigs.

What, it made you drink more and black out more? Thats what happened me when I gave up the fags.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    What, it made you drink more and black out more? Thats what happened me when I gave up the fags.

Yep exactly that, those black outs of memory are scary stuff lad,

Right. Anybody who knows me will tell you that I'm generally useless is many, many ways. But . . . girlfriends birthday is coming up soon and I have zero ideas. Help . . .?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    Right. Anybody who knows me will tell you that I'm generally useless is many, many ways. But . . . girlfriends birthday is coming up soon and I have zero ideas. Help . . .?!

dick in a box

. . . . . nah

This one is gonna turn into a thorny issue for some, but i'm gonna shoot from the hip here.

Regarding religion, i found my faith just over a year ago. I don't shove it down anyone's throats or anything because i feel each to their own.

Despite all of this, the bible has so many contradictory statements in it that it's hard even for me to swallow. Jesus may have died for our sins, alright, i can honestly believe that part.

But drinking alcohol wasn't a sin, not the last time I checked. So no, i don't have a problem drinking on Good Friday, especially as i'm off to a 60th later tonight where alcohol will be served up and consumed.

(and no smartasses, it's not MY 60th either) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I know its madness IMO you'd swear they hadn't a drink in months even though its probably a cure there going for from the night before.

I myself am afraid of the gatt, haven't really enjoyed the drink since I gave up the cigs.

If the pubs were open most people probably wouldn't even go drinking Good Friday... Its just an anti-establishment thing really. If you're not allowed do something, you're going to do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its a typically Irish "society says I cant do something, must do it anyway!" attitude, people who wouldnt normally be bothered about drinking on a Friday anyway feel the need to stock up on booze, silly notion, same people go out and get hammered on Stephens night as my god we have to go a night without being able to to to a pub.

Got my hands on the last Danko Jones album, Never Too Loud yesterday. Been listening to it a lot since. Knocks spots off Sleep Is The Enemy, which was also a pretty good album too.

Aaah 2008 was such a good year for Rock & Metal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    This one is gonna turn into a thorny issue for some, but i'm gonna shoot from the hip here.

Regarding religion, i found my faith just over a year ago. I don't shove it down anyone's throats or anything because i feel each to their own.

Despite all of this, the bible has so many contradictory statements in it that it's hard even for me to swallow. Jesus may have died for our sins, alright, i can honestly believe that part.

Fair play SR.

Kinda the same thing happened myself, was raised by a religious mother and strayed away and then later on found it again and took it as my own.

But your right in the sense of what you say.

From studying bits of theology its just a present day reaction to something that over the last 2000 years has become somewhat lost.

Like the whole drinking thing, in those days if someone had a party, say a wedding, a birth or whatever, the determination about how long the party would last was by the amount of wine that was there.

Long story short, the party kept going as long as there was the wine was still flowing.

But in the last while society took it on and took it as something else.

Now its looked down on to be drinking where it regards the catholic church (of not being catholic i am only basing on this on what ive heard).
    They have put their mark on this day as being a no drink holiday.

Which is completely contradictory when you think that if this had have been jesus time drinking would have been allowed go on because essentially it would have been his wake.

But anyway...

Just my 2c. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am very anti-religious myself, I just cant accept its hypocrisy and contradictions, imo its mankinds worst achievement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement