Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The better team is about to win...the bastards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

great viewing. so glad i perservered with a stream, I've missed rugby like this Gwan Munster!

the 10mins without Donnacha was massive, the double too much for Leinster fatigue is hitting them now and Munster are a wall of awesome frustration... lol could be a consolation try, nah penalty so game over

• Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roy Keane is on ITV's Champions League Final coverage as a pundit - oh that should be good :p

Barca completely outstanding worthy and deserving winners and it was a nice touch having Abidal lifting the CL trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Just absolute class from Barca tonight, completely outplayed United tonight. Nice touch leaving Abidal lift the trophy as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Always though Pedro was over-rated but he was great tonight. United were ****. One good goal and that was it.

Congrats gimmick and co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

UFC tonite was fair meh.On the Champ League final,it was predictable for me Barca killed them in the posession & ran them into the ground. Thought rte analysis was a bit stupid. Dunphy did so much backtracking despite being a supposed spanish football "expert" he hasn't yet discovered that Barca keep the ball for about 75% of a game to stop themselves from being attacked,United nor any one else would never get close to 50% posession against them.Barca are clearly the best team in europe but looking at the quality of the tournament this year besides them their wasn't a lot of genuine top class teams.

Mayo you lucky boys

Anyone here go to Slane? How was it?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone here go to Slane? How was it?
    Heard nothing but complaints about KOL all morning. Don't mind their music but would never pay money to see them live so the moaners only have themselves to blame.

• Advertisement

Heard nothing but complaints about KOL all morning. Don't mind their music but would never pay money to see them live so the moaners only have themselves to blame.

I like KOL but didnt think they would be big enough yet for Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Jaysus come on Reading.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like KOL but didnt think they would be big enough yet for Slane
    They're pretty big now. They're the new "band that it's cool to hate".

Why were they complaining,I have read that they can be going through the motions when on stage.I have never seen the appeal of Slane or Oxygen just a load of pidgeons paying €350 to get pist & stoned in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

KOL seemed to decrease in quality as they increased in popularity. I quite liked their first two albums and some of the third. After that, no thanks.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Jaysus come on Reading.

Reading are proper ****ed now,hope they can come back.They'd of been better off had Kizinashvili been sent off.Liverpool came back from 3-0 down & Newcastle from 4-0.

One of their subs got sent off at half time too

Come on now,3-1 just don't get caught with your pants around your ankles Reading. I'd get the ball to Kebe as often as possible.

3-2,Game on.Swansea are producing a Arsenal like performance at the back.

NOT ANOTHER PENALTY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Christ, this is 1 hell of a game

Sickened to be honest, hard to know how Swansea will do in the Premiership but I just hope Wigan get relegated next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think he would make a good center forward?

250369_10150192670660787_118081615786_6959467_6078544_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Punked, is that your own twitter in your sig? Did ya really get the sack in work over boards!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Punked, is that your own twitter in your sig? Did ya really get the sack in work over boards!?

I wrote that wrong..
    I'll tell the full story.

about a year and a bit ago i worked for a large electrical store chain, lets just say Indian or asian ;). One week was particularly stressful and i went into ranting and raving and posted about a few experiences in the cries of retail thread. what i said was, what i thought, harmless enough and was just used to get some frustration off my chest before carrying it into work the following day.
    Unknown to me over the course of the previous days some muppet had basically been found to be stealing from his own store (a different one to mine) and had been proceeding to try and sell his gear on adverts. This launched into a secret enquiry into anyone and everyone who had some form of online presence. And as i had my workplace in my info for all to see, i was put in the firing line.
    Thankfully i got off lightly (with a years written warning) but was also kind of made a big deal of to the other stores. In essence i became like the warning to everyone else.

Now i found out that i have posted something on the site (not in PW) that i found out that a guy in direct relation to what i posted is actually a moderator of the said forum i posted on. (what are the chances, eh?!)
    Nothing to do with a job this time, but cant believe i done something like that, again.
    All i can say is:
    FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

wow! Well they say the chances of something 1% likely to happen, is 99% likely to happen!

Sounds like ya gotta have a stealthy online anonymous account and a "real" profile as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

i'm nosy, gtrs banned?:confused:

Another Galway man unfairly put to the sword.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Rjd2 wrote: »
    i'm nosy, gtrs banned?:confused:

Is he? Where do you see this, because I cannot see anything?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement